When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable multiple paint bucket selections at once

I use the paint bucket feature quite a bit on architectural drawings. One area of every drawing I work on has thousands of very small areas ... and I currently have to zoom in to make sure I fill every tiny closed area. It would be great if I could select a whole area (that included hundreds of smaller closed areas that I wanted to paint all the same color) ... and then color them all at once. This would save me (my company) 100 hours a week or more. Hope you can add this feature!!

Mike

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "View colors as Word"

Adobe apps and Office do not play well together.
    Even in RGB graphics in Illustrator don't translate well in Word. Can there be a "View As..." option to show how Word will translate them?
    Or....ORRRRRRRRRRR....(this is what SHOULD happen...)
    Everyone jump on Microsoft and bully them into adding a CMYK color space to Word/Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Customize Default Swatches

Give users the ability to customize the default swatch library that is automatically added to every new file. The current selection of default swatches can't be changed, and the user should have control over this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change conversion of black when going from RGB to CMYK

Please change the default behavior when converting a file from RGB color space to CMYK color space to make RGB black convert to 100% black. Currently and for years, Illustrator converts it to a rich black, with high values in each ink. It's very common to have to take artwork created in RGB and covert it to CMYK for print, and the default conversion for black is never usable. Please make it practical and have 0,0,0, RGB black convert to Cyan 0, Magenta 0, Yellow 0, Black 100.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why This

Why White color on White Background. Please changer This

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator cymk and rgb color mixing options grayed out and unavailable to choose

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it easier to use the color in paint bucket. it defaults to greyscale and hard to find way out of that. it should just be intuitive.

JUST MAKE IT EASY TO USE

I just want to get things done quick. why will an image we import to vectorize automatically be greyscale? AND WHY DO YOU MAKE IT HARD TO FIND HOW TO GET COLOR IN THERE??????

old forum articles are obsolete, so why not just make it easier to use in the first place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. colour changing options

Hi, I was wondering if there is anything I can set up in illustrator so I can... type a sentence and each letter in the sentence be one of 6 different colours so if it was to say... Mrs Barrington the letters would be

M- red
    r - yellow
    s - green
    b - pink
    a - purple 

r - orange
...etc

I have looked on google several times and can't see anything saying it already has this capability? At present, I use the eyedropper to change each individual letter!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simplify the Color Panels

Why are there so many different panels in Illustrator for working with colors? The color-making panels in InDesign are so much simpler than Illustrator. It's super cumbersome and reminds me of trying to design something in MS Word. Simplify please. Make it like InDesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. incorrect color assignments

Actions to change path color to black instead turn the path white on the first try. Repeating the exact same action flow a second time in a row turns the path black.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please bring back Kuler.

Please bring back Kuler. I loved that feature and used it all the time to create themed palettes. Now I have to jump through hoops to find themed color palettes and I never have quite the same success as with Kuler. I am mystified about why it was taken away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. problema con editar colores volver a colorear

Buen dia al Editar colores en un documento ya creado anteriormente al cambiar los colores doy ok y al volver a abrir y revisar los porcentajes de color no se cambian y siguen como antes repito y sigue por favor cual será la solución gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Another way to colorize our illustrations.

As we all know, Adobe Flash is no longer part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. But there is one very useful feature of Flash that should be part of Adobe Illustrator and that is the way that we where able to colorize vectors on Flash.
    With Illustrator we can put a color inside an object, but if i want to put some colours into a surface between some handdrawned vectors that crosses I can't do it.

Even the way that we were able to select a part of a vector when they crossed each other.

Those were very practical ways…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. gradation

選択していないオブジェクトのグラデーションが勝手に変更されます。
    また、UIがおかしくなります。

The gradation of an unselected object is changed without permission.
    At the same time, a problem occurs in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. adobe illustrator CC 2018 I pay for monthly. The switch from color photo to grayscale feature not available

the Grayscale from color photo feature is not available in my adobe illustrator CC 2018 I pay by the month for. I have to switch photo to grayscale in illustrator 6 then open in CC2018. How can this be corrected. Jer-Anny /Jerry L. Evans

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Non-Destructive Outlined Text - Gradients only show as black

From all the posts I've read, you should be able to have individual gradients per letter once you add a non-destructive outline in the Appearance Panel. I've even seen the steps described many times. However, trying to add an individual gradient per letter/number does not work no matter what method I use to add the gradient fill. The letters only show black or show the gradient across all letters - no matter what gradient I choose. There's seems to be a bug, because I've tried several different ways of adding the colors, even selecting each letter individually, and it will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatic coloring of an inactive element (fill/stroke of shape/text etc.) with RMB (or LMB+modifier keys like Shift, Alt or Ctrl)

Automatic coloring of an inactive element (fill/stroke of shape/text etc.) when you press RMB (or LMB+modifier keys like Shift, Alt or Ctrl) on the color in 'Color', 'Swatches', etc panels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I just think the Pantone no. can be changed to any name, sometimes it is quite a trouble to a designer

I just think the Pantone no. can be changed to any name, sometimes it is quite a trouble to a designer. Some Customers need accurate Pantone color instead of CMYK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. a bug in gradient tool when applied to text

hi,
    New is illustrator is great in many ways but i have found one bug* or intentional modification by adobe.

it is nice to see live preview of gradient as it is being applied.. for the objects, gradient tool works fine as intended but when it is applied to text, it is buggy, i think.
    once mouse is clicked for applying gradient, after setting colors in gradient panel and new fill from appearance panel, text vanishes entirely, not allowing to see the gradient. once mouse is released, text with applied gradient appears. it is annoying.
    Check video to understand better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base