When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Search field in Graphic Styles palette

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles a lot. They let me give names to anything from flat fills to complex appearance stacks with multiple fills, strokes, and effects.

But once I've loaded in the styles for a full page, with multiple characters, background parts, and whatnot, the Graphic Styles palette starts to get pretty unwieldy. The attached screenshot is the entire height of my laptop screen; note how small the slider handle is!

I've put effort into giving all of these sensible names. It'd be lovely to be able to use that by having a search bar at…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase size of Gradient stops boxes (too small for older eyes)

Ideally the gradient stop boxes would be a little larger. When working with many gradients, it's time consuming trying to hit that little box to change a color. I'm aging, so my bad, but even slightly larger would be wonderful.

Thank you,
    Lori

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. the ability to zoom in on the gradient panel for complex gradients

the ability to zoom in on the gradient panel for complex gradients. If I am creating a gradient some time I feel like I need to zoom into the panel so I can ensure I get the color pointers as accurate as possible

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Global Swatches for Imported Files

When opening Illustrator files saved in other programs (Rhino, AutoCAD, etc), the default swatches never show up (probably because it was made in an outside program). It would be an immense timesaver if we could have those swatches (or even a user defined swatch) automatically populate the swatch panel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Drag color swatch onto artboard to make a square with the fill color.

It would be nice for creating style sheets to be able to drag a swatch onto the artboard and have it just make a square of that color.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gradient properties in the properties panel

I am liking the new properties panel, but currently if i want to fill an object with a gradient, i still need to access this via its own window. Would be great if gradient options could be incorporated into the Appearance section of the Properties Panel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reinstate The Functionality Of The Swatches Panel In CS 5.5

I’d like to see the functionality of the Swatch panel that was in (Windows) Ai CS 5.5 reinstated. Specifically, when the panel was opened, I used to be able to toggle through the Color Modes by holding Shift and clicking on the color square (thumbnail). If I held Cntrl, it would toggle to the color compliment. These were two great features that were eliminated with CS 6 through to the current version of CC 2017. Bring these back!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make gradient swatches shareable via CC Library

Exactly as the title says. Make gradient swatches able to be shared across projects via the library. As it is, I can add elements using the gradient swatch to the library, but then the gradient itself isn't editable on the other end.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have 'Select All Unused' in the Swatches panel look inside symbols

Right now when you choose 'Select All Unused', it selects colors that are in use inside of symbols and they will delete if you are not careful.

If the color is not directly placed on the artboard it seems Illustrator can't tell it really is in use.

Deleting the swatches results in 'Deleted Global Color' swatches appearing in your Swatch panels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Global Gradient Swatches

Please make it possible to make Gradient Swatches global - just like colour swatches.

In this way, a Gradient applied to several objects can be edited to update all objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Name a swatch with its colour values

I want to be able to name a swatch with its colour values - just like in InDesign - simply by ticking the checkbox - see the screenshot from InDesign..
    Let's say I have an imported document with a lot of RGB colours. The document needs to be converted to CMYK. After conversion all the colours are now CMYK but still have their names in RGB, I don't want this and I don't want to have to re-name each one by typing all the colour values!!
    Please give us this same option to re-name a colour with its values, with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please keep Preview active in Swatch Options Panel

Annoying to have switchin it on each time we edit a global color.

Please keep the Preview check in the last chosen state.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Consistence in editing common values

E.g. when two HSB colors voth have 100% saturation, a selection containing those objects should allow to edit their saturations simultaneously.

But Ai leaves the field empty - as if the values where different.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advanced Blend Colors Horizontally / Vertically

• make it work with compound paths

• give the user a choice to blend HSB (Blending R and B should give G)
      e.g. creating a rainbow should be possible with blending colors, but it isn't in the current version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Indesigns colour theme tool.

Would love to see this implemented in Illustrator as I, like many others, like to import JPEGS or screen grabbed colour samples to take colours from it manually. It would be awesome to have a colour theme generated from those images that could work within Illustrator and then used across the adobe library. Also this might be something that could also allow you to select an artboard of choice and generate the top 5 colours of that illustration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow repeat patterns to be added to swatches

In the desktop version of AI you were able to create patterns and then add them to the swatches panel to access in any other file. This would be a good feature for the app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove default yellow layer colour.

Please remove the yellow layer colour from the automatically generated layers.

When a layer is colour is set to yellow, it is very difficult to utilize drawing tools because it is difficult to see the yellow guide-cursor against a white artboard.

I have been using for my work illustrator for ten years now, and this has always bothered me. Whenever a yellow layer is added, I have to manually switch it to another colour.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add real time feedback for the color picker

Still can't believe that the color picker does not update the color of the selected objects. Adding that will make it a usefull design tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recolor Artwork Tool - Separate Colors by Groups

I'd love to be able to pull up the recolor artwork tool and separate all of the colors by grouped objects.

I want to pull the color scheme from one grouped set of shapes into another, but hate having to sort out which ones belong to each, especially when they are similar shades. (example: pulling the colors from a pineapple into an orange, and be able to sort by the colors in each fruit's grouped paths)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base