When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

106 results found

1. Some type of notification when a linked CC library asset has changed...

I'd like some type of notification when a CC library asset changes so I can choose to keep the current version (essentially un-linking it) or update to the latest version. This notification should happen when opening documents as well as while they are open. It does not have to be a modal dialog, it could also just be that the asset gets an icon or is highlighted somehow - but something noticeable. Better would be the ability to specify whether I want it to update art automatically, notify me that an updated asset is available by highlighting somehow, or notify…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Opening Fresco files from the cloud with Illustrator

Hello, it's really great that Illustrator can now open files from the cloud. But unfortunately not the sketches from Fresco. You still have to export them first and then you can open them in Illustrator. It would be great if you could change that, i.e. open PSDC files from the cloud in Illustrator. Thanks a lot

Gabi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

You are now able to send Fresco files to Illustrator on the desktop with the latest version of Fresco and Illustrator. You can also place embed Fresco files in Illustrator. Please give it a try. In the future, we will also add smoother options to copy paste objects on both the Illustrator surfaces – desktop and iOS.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

3. Library disappear glitch

Had this issue in the past and it still comes up. Libraries disappear from my workspace when I click tab or some combination of keys that I'm not sure of. Before, I used to have to shut down Ai altogether but at least now I can go to the drop down menu to retrieve them. This shouldn't happen in the first place though.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Update linked assets for large number of files

I have an asset in CC Libraries that I used in 50+ ai files. Those ai files are then used in a layout in InDesign. If i change the asset in CC Libraries I would like a way to force an update of that asset to all those AI files so that the update propagates through to my InDesign layout.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Library search and place behaviour

As I drag an item out of the library panel, as soon as the item clears the edge of the panel, the search results reset to whatever library I was looking at before; the search results are lost.

This frequently results in me having to repeat the exact same search multiple times over which can be madening. Consider the following situations:

1) I forgot to alt-click/my alt-click didn't register, and I'm stuck with a linked file which can't be converted to a useful vector (I've never yet actually wanted to place a linked file from the library, so having that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back free assets and the ability to search in CC for them

Adobe recently took away a feature which was part of the cloud subscription which really sucks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Creative Cloud Documents - File Management

I think one of the most important facilities for making good use of Cloud Docs will be document management. I have been extremely frustrated by the total lack of such features in the recent Document Open interface, which just lists some very small number of recent docs, without any consideration of folders, projects, clients, or other important organizational features. The OS provides us with hierarchical folders that can do a fairly good job of organizing the dozens (sometimes hundreds) of files on a project or for a client, but without some facilities for that purpose, I can see the proliferation…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe Libraries — Point/Direct to the ACTUAL original file to edit

The more I use libraries, the more I like it! However, instead of creating a "virtual" library of duplicated files, maybe store/use the ACTUAL original file so as to reduce loads of duplicated files, confusion as to the "latest" version(s) created and a crazy file naming system.

Right now this is what it does:
    Actual Original File: SSRLogoRGB.ai
    Clicking on "Edit Original" in any Adobe program: SSRLogoRGB_cf14017d-6564-4298-9f8f-d800bd2b4a91.ai

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. File transfer time via CC too long !!

The process to synchronize files on the Creative Cloud is not practical for small bandwidths.

It is painful to sometimes wait several hours for file synchronization on the CC

I would like to choose among several files the one that I would like to synchronize in priority.

Transfert de fichiers via CC trop long !!

Le processus pour syncroniser les fichiers sur le Créative cloud n'est pas pratique pour les petites bandes passantes.

C'est pénible d'attendre parfois plusieurs heures les synchronisations des fichier sur le CC

J'aimerai choisir parmi plusieurs fichiers celui que je voudrais synchroniser en priorité.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Disable scale stroke on placed CC files

We would like to have the option to disable the scaling of stroke in placed (linked) CC library files. Ie. if we scale the placed file 200% the stroke of the object in the file stays at 1pt instead of increasing to 2pt.

We have a CC library with a large component library with various electronic and mechanical components. These components should always look exactly the same, but sometimes they need to be scaled. When they are scaled they need to keep the original stroke weight in order to look the same as the other placed components. Since there is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Basic layer structure in CC Libraries

Save basic layer structure with the option to link a layout
    Example: Layer name 'Varnish', fill color 'gray', line thickness '1pt'

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CC Libraries: Add ability to drag new assets directly into a Library Group

Currently, any asset dragged to the libraries panel gets added to the Ungrouped section. Let's narrow the focus down and let us drop into any one of the displayed groups.

This would save immeasurable amounts of time having to hunt down and sort after the fact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Syncable Color Swatch/Palette Library

it would be nice to have one library with different categories.. you update it once and see it in every illustrator file!
    this would be very useful for personal use but also in teams, somewhat like a kuler for illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linked assets swap feature

Being designing 748 cards for EDU purposes, I suggest a feature that will let us swap assets stored in the cloud libraries the way we do with symbols.

The reason :
    Linked assets between documents is a very handy feature
    But symbols cannot store linked assets .
    And symbols can be swapped in their own libraries which is also very handy, but these libraries are not linked between documents.
    As linked assets can store symbols, if we could swap linked assets containing symbols, it would be a big time saving.

Regards
    Rodolfo Santos.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort out functionality of library assets

Seems a lot of people are struggling with Library assets for various reasons. I think this feature is massively under developed for what should be a great strength across Adobe applications. I still have Illustrator V17 in use as the Library works better than the current version for me, so my subscription is wasted money. I've complained before but to no avail. I create many line drawings with common line segments, so I drag these in from the Library, which creates consistency and should be time saving. Currently each one option-dragged no longer remembers the layer it came from and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You can improve by making it possible to move many files at once form CCLibrary to CCFiles folder. (Now 1 by 1).

Please make it possible to move all files at once from the Creative Cloud Libraries to the Creative Cloud Files folder. I have made lots of great patterns today with Adobe Capture, when you save them you'll find them in your Library but then I wanted to copy them so I also can work with the files offline (from the CCF folder I can export them to my external HDD) with PS and/or Ai. Now I have found out you must copy them one by one...Only made 45 patterns today...and over time I might create thousands....but not if I have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable CC Libraries in Illustrator

I would like the option to Disable the use of Libraries in Illustrator.

I can close the panel but every time I create a new colour swatch the panel reappears. This isn't helpful for the way I work so I'm looking for a way to turn off this feature.

As I am self employed and don't collaborate with others, all my colours are saved within the document they are relevant to which is why I would like to turn off this feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improving creative cloud library by making it possible to transform a symbole from the cloud library in 1 document

I'm working for a company who makes workwear and we're having an issue with the creative cloud library.

We've made al of these symbols in the creative cloud libraries, but we've seen that we can't manipulate these in 1 document.

For example, we're making a coat.
    First we take the front out of the library, then te sleeves and a pocket.
    We see that it is impossible to change these objects in this new document.
    These drawings from the library are added in the document like pictures, that's why we can't colour them for example.
    We obviously don't want to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Libraries - Add Ability to Drag-and-Drop Swatches from Library Panel to Swatches Panel

Add ability to drag-and-drop a color swatch from the Library Panel to the Swatches Panel.

The functionality exists in the Library Panel Menu, but can't be executed by drag-and-drop. Drag-and-drop swatches is a age-old UI convention in Illustrator and it feels broken that a user can't currently do this.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Optimization of Vector Assets in CC Libraries

When you're dragging an Illustrator asset in a CC Library, the asset is placed in a default New Document Profile which come with Default document Libraries such as Swatches, Symbols, Graphic Styles and Brushes.

In my screenshot example the file size of simple shapes is 355 ko in place of 74 ko without these unused assets.

It will be great to base the CC Libraries Vector Assets creation on an "empty of default assets" Document Profiles (RVG, CMYK…).

Thanks for the great work the Team is doing!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base