When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Radial Repeat to Desktop Illustrator

We saw the radial pattern repeat function for the iPad version of Illustrator at MAX 2019, please bring this to the desktop version.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Isometric Grid Missing

Today's trends to draw of isometric vector but in adobe illustrator isometric grid is missing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Distribute spacing in align tab uses wrong units

Distribute spacing in align tab uses wrong units.

The document and settings uses metric millimeter but distribute spacing uses something else.

If i type in 6mm it instead give me 1 or 2mm spacing.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn text and shapes into a centerline

This could be useful for text as well as outlines strokes if you could turn them back into open paths that are located exactly in the center of the shape.

Give us an exact result, not like the wiggly lines that Image Trace produces.

And also get good results with crossing lines.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add CAD path creation/modification tools

Some wonderful tools that would help are Trim, Extend, and Corner tools.

Trim allows you to stop a line at another line. So if you drew a + you could trim the top to the - and make a T.

Extend does the opposite. It makes a line longer until it hits a target line. It turns |- into a T (rotated).

Corner tool trims or extends two lines as need to make a corner. |- becomes L by clicking both lines.

Look to AutoCad or Revit for examples.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Drawing Guides Thicker

With the onset of 4K & 5K monitors, the red dotted guides have become incredibly hard to see. I would like to suggest that the guides be made thicker or that there be a way for me to increase their thicknesses in settings so they can be seen better.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Width Tool - Touch Calligraphy brush

Allow the Width Tool to apply changes to Touch Calligraphy brush strokes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Same functionalities as shown here in the subscribe tool https://astutegraphics.com/software/subscribe/

basically the 'Circle by Points Tool' in Subscribe should be a functionality added to the Ellipse Tool. And the 'Arch by Points Tool' in Subscribe should be a functionality added to the 'Line Segment Tool' in Ai as well. These are common functions in in cad programs and need to be added to Illustrator natively to improve vector building.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A menu item/keystroke target to enter/exit an object's Opacity Mask.

I use a lot of opacity masks these days. It'd smooth out my workflow a lot if there was an entry in the Keyboard Shortcuts that did the same as opening up the Opacity palette far enough to see its thumbnails, and clicking on the opacity mask thumbnail.

Detailed implementation suggestions:

• a menu item in the Transparency palette that either reads "Enter Opacity Mask" or "Exit Opacity Mask" depending on whether or not we're currently editing an opacity mask
    • a keyboard shortcuts entry for Other Panels/Toggle Opacity Mask
    • NO DEFAULT SHORTCUT, new users would hit it by accident and then…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More precision with the Knife Tool

I'd like to see more adjustment options for the knife tool. Something like the pencil tools option of Tolerances: Fidelity and Smoothness. It sure would help with more precision when I cut and ink my manga characters. Rather than go in after I make a cut and have to move a lot of anchor points and handles around by hand to get the precision I was after in the first place.

I hope you can understand what I'm texting about here and I hope you take this issue up and include it in a future feature update. Oh yea, and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scaling segment scales another segment handle

I want to scale a segment of a path, so it's handles would have more length. I select thi segment with Direct selection, then pick Scale tool, hit Enter and set uniform scale. Strangely, this scale not only handles of my segment, but one handle of the segment NEXT TO ADJACENT, one segment away. I don't need it.

Attached screen recording shows this unselected handle anchor in pink circle. After I scale my segment, position of the handle changes, although my actions should not have affect it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Blob brush in touch mode

I work with a Wacom mobilestudiopro and I really like the touch mode but the blob brush is not accessible in this mode. It will be really helpful if you can add this brush. Thanks a lot

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Free transform reference point should affect resize too not just rotation (as PS)

When I change the reference point I use it mostly for resize, not rotation. But in Illustrator this has no effect. I believe it should happen while using Alt+resize as that wouldn't change the default. Alt would only change the position of the resized object if the reference point is moved from the middle.
    I feel this would be natural to have and I'm really surprised this is not part of the free transform implementation. Photoshop and even Animate works like this! (Animate is erroneous with Alt+drag, but you don't need to hold that there)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve ShapeBuilder by adapting the Corel’s SmartFill functionality

Whoever came up with the idea of the ShapeBuilder, they did utilize not that popular LivePaint in a great way. Make it even better!
    Steal and add to Ai the Smart Fill from Corel Draw (see the GIF attached). You don’t have to create a live paint, you just click over the intersection, just like ShapeBuilder does, and you have your new shape over the original paths. Steal it and make it better — CorelDraw doesn’t understand click and drag here, and it’s less comfortable to set a color (while Ai won’t have any problem here). Like now ShapeBuilder does…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Blending live pie (ellipses) treats them as path and not like live shapes

Make an ellipse and set pie end angle to 5 degrees (press Invert button if neede to get thin pie)
    Duplicate and offset it and change en angle to 270 (doesn't really matter).
    Blend these. AI won't blend their shape properties, but blend them as paths. What's use of live shapes then, if AI can't handle them with basic tools?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rotate dialog box should have value highlighted by default, or be highlighted by Tab

When you press R then Return on the keyboard to pull up the Rotate dialog box, the value of the angle should be highlighted by default like it used to be.

Formerly when I wanted to rotate an object at a specific angle, like 122°, I would type R - <Return> - 122 - <Return>

Now to do the same thing I have to type R - <Return> - <Tab> - <Shift-Tab> - 122 - Return – a much more cumbersome keystroke combination.

At the very least, the first Tab should highlight the value, NOT the Preview checkbox.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bounding Box Preview Bounds

CC 23.01 Mac High Sierra

When a single object is selected, Preview Bounds is on, the Bounding Box does not reflect the Preview Bounds - it is the same as if Preview Bounds is off.

When selecting multiple objects it works as it should

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Custom Brick Offset Values in Pattern Maker

The 9 fractions included in Brick Offset are not always enough to align patterns properly. When bricking a pattern, to achieve the acquired random look of a pattern, paths may need to be repeated just so it evenly fits within one of the fraction presets. The fractions are sometimes only off by a slight degree, that would be perfectly symmetrical if one were allowed the ability to adjust their own decimal chosen. Part of the confusion may also stem from complex patterns where they are difficult to update, as well as sorted fractions where Illustrator otherwise uses decimals. By size…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Chart too: overriding value axis

The chart tool breaks when trying to override the axis values when the data numbers are too large. I think it's for any numbers over 1,000,000 but it might be lower (I have not explored it that much.) Checking the override tick box will set the maximum number to 2147483 (maybe that is the number it breaks at) and will skew the chart badly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anish Kumar responded

Hi Wes,

Thanks for explanation. I got it. This is a feature request, so I am moving this thread to feature request section.

Thanks
    Anish

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base