When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dimension tool

Dimension tool just like Adobe XD, when we press the option button from MAC, space show between two object.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extended guides only in the drawing board

is it possible to make the ruler guides be limited only to the drawing board? (as already happens in indesign).
    When working with several artboards, having the guides extending horizontally and vertically across the illustrator work area, it often happens that the guides of table 1 also end up on the table 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 ... the thing is highly uncomfortable, I do not understand the meaning of this thing. I hope it is a useful and unhampered reflection for a future implementation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. flip horizontal and flip vertical from contextual menu

Please add "flip vertical" and "flip horizontal" to the "Transform..." contextual menu pop-up in Illustrator. We have this function in Animate already. It would improve workflow and is something that should be relatively easy to program. Thank you for all your hard work improving Illustrator.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Brush smoothing (fidelity) per brush preset

Currently brush smoothing is set only by double clicking the brush tool icon and is universal.
    Logically it should be set at the brush options dialogue, individual for each brush preset along with angle, size, roundness etc.
    Each brush reacts differently, and there should be an option to have brushes with various smoothing settings all available at once.
    Saving brush presets would retain their smoothing setting as well.
    Ideally, Illustrator should adopt some of Photoshop's brush engine settings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A way to fill shapes with brush textures (paint bucket)

An ability to use a paint bucket to manually fill shapes with textures such as the watercolor brush, or an ability to pick swatches and textures within the fill panel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Isolation navigator

The feature I’m looking is an isolation-mode navigator tool that requires minimal clicking and is fast to use. You’d summon it while holding down a hot key, point the mouse at a group and then use hot keys (or the mouse wheel) to go into and out of the group structure.

Isolation mode, as it is now, is essential but clunky. I spend an awful lot of time clicking into, around and back out of isolation mode. It’s enough to cause RSI. The group select tool is useful but doesn't replace isolation mode.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Curvature tool doesn't work for path in Text on path

I have drawn a curve using Curvature tool.
    I've made a text follow this curve.
    I want now to edit this curve with Curvature tool, but I just can't — AI want recognize highlights and selects points in this path with this tool anymore.

Kinda same happens with editing path in blends with Curvature tool — I have to dance with Ctrl, clicking, isolating, and then, after some combination of woodoo, AI finally sees points and allows to move them with said tool.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Non-uniform scale tool by angle

Using available AI tools I have to twist and dance to perform non-uniform scale by angle.

Right now I have to do this:
    1. Rotate path to make in straight oriented (it's not an default ellipse, it's manually traced path)
    2. Reset bounding box
    3. Rotate path backwards
    4. Turn on bounding box (I work with it turned off)
    5. Scale using bounding box at angle

If I use Scale tool instead, and set point to a center,
    AI will scale path uniformly ONLY.
    What a stupidity is this? I even remember custom plugin tool that allowed desired action, but…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a measurement / dimension Pen Tool

Have a pen tool option which automatically adds the length of the line you draw with arrows/dimension lines. This would allow fast labelling of mockups or product drawings. I work with architectural drawings and need to quickly add dimensions to rooms or objects. Similar to measure tool in Acrobat, but more accurate.

I've tried the Specify plugin, but it doesn't dynamically adjust dimensions. So if you change the object you need to re-do the dimension.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pen tool with measurement

When using pen tool the user can type in a specific measurement in which they would like their line to be instead of having to rely on trying to make it exact using the numbers.

Select pen tool -> Click mouse where you want the pen tool to start -> Type and enter specific measurement wanted -> Pen tool will then create the length -> Click and place in desired location.

I think this would be really beneficial when using the pen tool so you are extremely accurate as being a few millimeters off can cause problems.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add an option to show edges when art is dragged with real-time drawing option on

Real-time drawing is a great feature and I wish it appeared earlier, so by this time I'd be polished enough. Now we have a mode when only edges are drawn while dragging and the other one, which draws only art — but not both. It makes positioning somewhat harder. Please add an option to allow both methods to work combined.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Isometric grid/mode similar to Affinity Design.

Add Isometric grid/mode similar to Affinity Design.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Free transform should function the same as photoshop free transform

Free transform function in Illustrator is good, but to have another function that acts the same way as Free Transform in Photoshop would be really helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock position

Would be great to have a Feature "Lock Position" so you can still edit color/shape from the layer but the position is locked..

Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back the rounded corners in the rectangle dialog

Please place the rounded corners back into the rectangle dialog window. The new experience for this feature is undiscoverable and not intuitive at all. The usage pattern is inconsistent with the rest of the drawing tools e.g. polygon, stars... Have you consider testing it on users before launching the new 2019 version? Please do not redesign for the sake of redesign. Your users are not being efficient in their workflows because they have to spend time to figure it out where those features have gone. I am very sorry but this is a frustrating experience.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Symmetrical bezier handle

Illustrator (and Adobe apps)lacks a true symmetrical node control (like Corel or other software).
    It would also be useful to have more control and more precise on points, handles and curves.
    Now there are many tools, but they are not harmonized well together.
    Only to try to create symmetrical handles it is necessary to use the "scale" tool, which cmq does not allow you to align accurately.
    Currently, third-party plugins are required for features that should be included in a product such as Illustrator.
    For the realization of logos or images that require precision or symmetry, I am often forced…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier way to do charts and graphs

PLEASE come up with an EASY and SEAMLESS way to export excel charts into Adobe Illustrator! Please! I have over 153 bar and pie charts I have to create from a pivot table in excel, which is arduous and time consuming. The chart feature in Illustrator is awful and confusing to use as well. I’ve been doing charts the same way for years by copy/pasting from excel into illustrator and having to remove about 10,000 clipping paths. Surely there is something you can that will make it easier to do charts. An extension? Maybe play nice with the @micsrosoft developers?…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Straight lines like in Photoshop (shift + click end point)

If only I could draw a straight line (not only 45 or 90 degrees), by holding shift + clicking the desired end point of the line, LIKE IN PHOTOSHOP, I am working with the blob brush tool (the most usefull tool for me) and a wacom tablet.
    Use the line tool you say, NO THANKS, I need to stay with the blob brush tool
    to work intuitively, PLEASE, this is actually a major limitation, why would we only want straight lines at 45 or 90 degrees ? .... PLEASE check it out out, it really is essential !

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe Illustrator ********** Default Tolerance

The ********** tolerance is reset ever time I open a new document, or reopen an existing document. There is no way to set the default tolerance. This would be an important feature to add.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base