When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

512 results found

1. Lasso select tool selection lines should be always be visible, even when selecting over black fills.

I often use the lasso select tool and often i am selecting over top of objects that are black filled, and the lasso line is invisible over these black objects.

Conversely, in photoshop, the lasso line is drawn so it always contrasts the colors behind it, so no matter what colors we are selecting over top of, the lasso line is still visible.

Illustrator desperately needs to replicate this functionality from photoshop

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Keyboard shortcuts for Flip (Reflect, Mirror)

I flip vertically and horizontally quite often. It'd be very nice to have a shortcut for it. I currently have to create a custom action for it, but that ends up using one of the F1-F14 keys which are inconvenient to use.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back the rounded corners in the rectangle dialog

Please place the rounded corners back into the rectangle dialog window. The new experience for this feature is undiscoverable and not intuitive at all. The usage pattern is inconsistent with the rest of the drawing tools e.g. polygon, stars... Have you consider testing it on users before launching the new 2019 version? Please do not redesign for the sake of redesign. Your users are not being efficient in their workflows because they have to spend time to figure it out where those features have gone. I am very sorry but this is a frustrating experience.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment.

The rounded corner box is still there in new versions, but hidden, as a 'not-frequently-used' — well, statistics-wise. Click on the three dots at the bottom of your toolbar and pick Rounded Rectangle tool directly, or drop it into your toolbar.

Please free to add comments, if you think that this tool should be included to the Essentials toolbox anyway, and why you think this is important.

4. Remove Single Handle from Within the Pen-Tool

If you want to REMOVE a handle by clicking, this can be achieved by using the Convert Anchor Point-Tool and Clicking on it.

Now, all other Pen-Tool Functions can be accessed by pushing modifier keys like Ctrl and Alt, except for this one. It requires you to change out of the tool.

I therefore suggest adding the functionality to the ALT-Mode of the Pen-Tool, which activates the Anchor Point-Tool, that if you click on a handle, this handle gets removed.

This does NOT conflict with the current function, which is to disconnect handles, since this require Click and Drag.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the Alt/Option key functionality from XD!!!

I know there is the measure tool. I wish it functioned like XD where holding Alt/Option and hovering over an object will give you the exact distance.

It's super frustrating to switch between Adobe products and have no consistency. One shortcut to zoom in an app does something entirely different in another.

Yes, I understand they are different apps but you force people to subscribe to multiple apps instead of allowing people to see a project to completion in one single app. I can learn one or two apps inside out and backward - I cannot learn 50...

Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Graph Data Label Decimal Exision

Previous versions of Illustrator's graph data labels matched the decimal points defined in the "Cell Style" field. The current version of CC removes any zeros at the end of the label - e.g. "3.00" is changed to "3", or "4.20" is changed to "4.2".

According to Adobe's Customer Care, this is an intended behaviour - but could it be an optional one? Having to manually append zeros to hundreds of labels is not an appealing prospect.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Offset Path - allow creation of non-joined segments

Would save a lot of time if Offset Path could create paths with or without joining them.

As it is now there are times when it's useful to have auto-joins and many times that it's not. Personally I end up spending a bunch of time deleting the joining path segments as I rarely use them in my workflow.

A simple solution would be to add an on/off toggle for [Join] right above the join type combo.

As well, per other requests, please can the panel remember the last-used settings for [Preview] on/off?

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. path eraser tool - erasing multiple path selection (worked in CS5, does not in CC)

I jumped from CS5 to the current CC version of illustrator. As a technical illustrator, I often need to erase portions of paths. The easiest method for accomplishing this task is to select all the paths I intend to erase portions of using the "path eraser tool" and simply go from path to path erasing what I need using the "path eraser tool". This function works properly in CS5 but at some point afterwards has been lost.

However, as soon as you erase a portion of the first path, all selected paths are unselected except for the current path being…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Contextual Pie-menus, like Radiant menus by Wacom

creating a contextual "shortcut" menu overlapping layer to access quickly Tools. This is a kind of Radiant Menu developed by Wacom on their tablet for example or Alias marking menu. This should really improve workflow ergonomics.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use Key Object to allow precise control for in-back and in-front level changes

Allow Key Object to define which object is moved and which object is used to define movement. If I select two objects and then highlight one as a key object, it would be nice to use the same hotkeys for "send to back" and "send to front" and have it only work in relation to the two selected objects, putting the keyed object either directly in front of or behind in the layer order of the other object.

As it is now, the hotkeys either work too much by sending objects all they way to the back or front, or…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An option to hide units in dimensions made with the Dimension Tool

Can you add an option so that the units are not displayed for dimensions and only the number is displayed? Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add option to create vector graphics from text

Add option to create vector graphics from text with firefly

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The feature is added in the latest builds of Illustrator. The development of it is not complete yet, and the team has more plans on making it better for users to help them with their creative projects.

If you have specific requests related to it, leave them in comments below or log separately.

13. Toggle Radii in Ellipse Properties

When editing Ellipse Properties in the transform palette, it's be great to be able to turn off the radiuses in the ellipse, enabling a live shape which is an arc. At the moment you are limited to filled/joined sections.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scissors tool should be aware of stroke width profiles and brush tool data.

At present, if you use the Scissors tool on a path with a width profile, the resulting paths will both inherit the entire width profile. This always feels wrong; I would much prefer that the resulting paths had new width profiles that match the original look of the path.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rotate artboard with all objects

It's possible to rotate the artboard, but the objects are still on their old positions.
    I found the is a button to bind artboard and objects for MOVING the artboard together. Why does that not work for rotation?

In the mean time I have written a small JavaScript to solve this: https://www.behance.net/gallery/125369255/Javascript-for-Illustrator-RotateArtboard

I hope, we can use a rotation of an artboard with it's objects soon in AI.
    – Jens.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Straighten/unrotate object

As far as I can tell, there's no way to re-straighten an object after rotating it. There's nothing retaining what the degree of rotation was. That would be really helpful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unify point tangent, angle\length\direction

Short rationales:
    Point Angle - I need a way to control the exact angle of point handles to unify them across a design. Currently the only way to control the angle is to constrain it to vertical, horizontal, or 45 degree angles.

Point Handle Length\Direction - If you grab a point handle and make it a different length or direction than the handle on the other side of a point, there is currently no way to re-unify them besides re-drawing the curve.
    There is also no also no way to scale handle length along the direction or angle you’ve already…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More vector brushes

Have more brushes! (like a tapered brush), allow to add, export, and make custom brushes.
    Easily delete overlapping lines like in CSP.
    Include patterns like half tones for comics we can drag and drop inside shapes.
    Allow gradients and patterns to be applied to the stroke.
    We can choose which part of the stroke to change the width instead of all of it.
    Have an option to do an even width change or freehand.
    Be able to fill color within the visible strokes/lines instead of shapes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add values labels to the graph tool

Please, add the value labels feature to the graph tool.

Currently, it is possible through a weird code and design symbols. Although graphs are not supposed to have value labels, clients are all the time asking for that. Adding one by one, by hand, is time consuming.

Since Adobe bought Freehand MX, you could open its code and learn from there.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ellipse Tool Properties/Dialogue

Ellipse Tool, if make an ellipse then you have a little squire pointing to make ellipse’s End Angle and Pie Angle, but you do not have these feature available in its properties/Dialogue/Menu when you just select Ellipse Tool and you clip on the canvas or on Art Board you have no control features for that and you also do have the same features in Control Bar and Useless Properties Panel. I hope in the future version there must be added a dialogue for proper setting and measurements like retangle tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?