When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set the default EPS version with options

I work often in projects with collaborators from all over the world. We save our work in EPS and we have standardized on CS5. We are generally scientists, so we are most likely an exception; however, a way to set "project specific" defaults would be helpful that would allow to set the EPS save options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. File Specific "Export For Screen" Settings (mainly location)

As a designer with multiple files,
    I want the ability to set the export for screens folder per file,
    So that I don't have to constantly relocate the location of the output for each file I open up. It would be helpful to get **** done.

• When exporting a file the location identified for the first time is saved for subsequent times I access to export.
    24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text to outlines on save PDF

My printers require fonts to be outlined. This is a huge hassle. I need to convert everything to outlines, save the PDF, and then remember to undo my outlining before I save the AI file.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Save Ai file to a working svgz

Goodmorning, I refer to the following issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9978412#9978412

I am working daily on a professional basis with Adobe Illustrator. I find it very disturbing that this issue isn't solved yet. I hope you can fix it.

Kind regards,
    Suzanne Cornelis
    Haynespro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The ability to check an option for "convert lines to shapes" when I export different formats

When exporting a file to SVG.... I wish there was a check box where I can specify it converts all lines to shapes on export to SVG... This way I do not have to do the conversion manually... and then revert back when I save ai version...

Often I get messages that distract me and then I forget to revert back and accidentally save the ai version with lines as shapes... then my mast ai version gets messed up...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for reporting the feature request. When you say shape do you mean you want lines to get converted to SVG elements? Does this apply to the other shapes like, ellipse, circle or rectangles as well?

Greetings,
    Dirk

6. SVG option to convert text to outlines when exporting

When exporting SVG I have ran into wonkyness with fonts so sometimes we export SVG graphics with text as shapes...

But then I some times get distracted by a email or chat message and save the ai version with out undoing my text to outlines conversion...

Why not just have a check box on the SVG export panel "convert all text to shapes" then when I export this option parse the document and convert all text to shapes...

So I do not have to worry about undoing my convert text to shapes when I save the master ai file.

Stephen

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Document Panel - make the 'thumbnails' more descriptive.

The New Document Panel tends bring clarity, but the 'Thumbnail', containing a triangle, a square and a circle confuses this. Every size has the same thumbnail. It would be nice if the thumbnail reflects the aspect ration of the preset it belongs to.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add EPS format to export for screens and asset export

I realise that .pdf is essentially the same as .eps format, but still it would be useful to have the option to export as .eps.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Checkbox for prefix with filename when exporting for screens

When exporting for screens, it would be useful to be able to simply click a checkbox to prefix the output filename with the current filename.

For example, for "myFile.ai", containing artboards "Artboard1", "Artboard2", etc., it would output "myFile-Artboard1.png", "myFile-Artboard2.png", etc.

I realise the filename can be entered in the Prefix field but a checkbox would be a useful addition.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export for screens should exclude template layers

When exporting for screens, any layers which are set as template or non-printing should be excluded from the output without having to first turn off that layer.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. SVG export option to export global Color Swatches as CSS Custom Properties

In addition to classes and IDs, CSS custom properties (aka. CSS variables) are a great way to style SVG Content.
    Conceptually they are closest to Illustrators global color swatches.

I propose to add an Option to SVG Export of Adobe Illustrator to turn named global color swatches into CSS custom properties.

Example:

Original Output:
    fill: #456; stroke: #abc;

New Output:
    fill: var(--medium-grey, #456) ; stroke: var(--dark-grey, #abc);

Web applications could use the custom properties, to quickly create color-variations of an illustration.

Example: https://codepen.io/g12n/pen/KQwpJR/

An additional option could be a compatibility mode for the styling options "Inline Style" and "Internal CSS",…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Increase artboard size limitations for creating PDFs.

Fix issue of not being able to make PDFs larger than 200 inches. I create packaging for furniture that often exceeds this limitation. Causes major issues when working with printers in China. Please offer another option instead of "scaling artwork down". The packaging has to have very precise dimensions and scaling opens doors to mistakes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remember "Use artboard" checkbox when export SVG

When I export SVGs I have to check "Use artboard" every time... why not just remember this setting has been checked or uncheck from before

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Appending number after SVG export

After exporting SVG files there is a version number added to the file name... can you make this optional... It adds a bunch of unnecessary steps to my work flow as I have to then navigate to the file and rename it every time I export...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make copy/paste work between Illustrator and CorelDRAW (and vice versa)

Adobe and Corel are eternal rivals, I know.
    But our (and not ours only, as far as I know) workflow requires both whales.
    A lot of vynil-cutting shops, laser-engraving and large format printing shops work only in CD. We have to transfer our files back and forth from one program to another each day.

We use PDF as a medium, but it's long way.
    We also use this magnificent macros for CD:
    https://github.com/cdrpro-macros/ai-clipboard
    but it's not 100% solution.

We need a way to copy/paste from/to AI from/to CD natively.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. LessTime saving files

Hello,

as designers we come across slow process saving in a heavy illustrated files (too many vectors) when these vectors are shifted a bit or edit a text, the file needs to be saved again and it wastes a lot of time.

The solution here is using the smart technology (adobe sensei) which it will compare the files and saves accordingly -to check if the text has any amendments, and accordingly takes action in the saving process from within- and this tech to be applied on other elements.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have started working on this request. This was only a Mac-related issue where the shortcut got changed. We are setting it back to F12. We are not removing this shortcut, because a lot if users do use this shortcut. If you want to remove it, or change it to even more obscure key, you can do it as per your liking by editing the shortcut.

Please refer this link to know how to customize keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html#Definenewkeyboardshortcuts

Thanks,

Varun

18. Export selected only

Would like to see an "EXPORT SELECTED ONLY" option, so that you can export just a selection of items from a file with many elements. Really a pain to have to copy the items I want to export, and paste them into a new file in order to export them.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save As PDF and PDF Export

Illustrator is long overdue for PDF export. Without PDF export saving a PDF from Illustrator is an arduous, multi-step process that must be repeated every time. There is also a dangerous trap in the process that can make the user’s file uneditable. Compare this to InDesign, which has PDF export and all changes are sticky.

Illustrator
    1. File > Save a copy,
    2. Change format to PDF,
    3. Remove “ copy” from filename,
    4. Change directory,
    5. Click Save,
    6. Enter PDF options,
    7. Click Save.

InDesign
    1. File > Export,
    2. Click Export.

Because all options in InDesign are…

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no true PDF Export in Illustrator, because Illustrator allows to have editable PDFs with .ai-content stored within. Other apps does not allow that, and some users heavily rely on editable PDFs.

Attemps to solve this were made, but there is no clear solution so far. Still we hope to find one.

The intended way to get a PDF (without loosing your data) at the moment would be to use Save a Copy command that saves a separate copy of your file to PDF instead of Save As which keeps a saved file open.

20. Efficient and standardized PDF export without exporting hidden illustrator content

The current illustrator "save as" saves all illustrator content, but hides data that is not on the selected "save as" pages. This puts content that I don't want published at risk (the pdf can be opened in illustrator to reveal all content) as well as creates very inefficient and bloated PDF's. I have to either create a seperate illustrator file that deletes all artboards and content that I don't want exported, then save as PDF, or save as PDF (with all content) and open the PDF in illustrator after export to delete the hidden content and resave.

is inconsistant with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base