When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opening Multi-Page PDFs should have a larger preview or scalable preview

The Open PDF window box that comes up when you try to open a Multi-Page PDF should have a larger preview. In the Open PDF window much of the text can be garbled, which doesn't help if you are not sure which page of a 49 page document you need to open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Asset export" - changing object not updating it in export

Hello,

In this video Export assets for web and app design | it's all like perfect - after changing object color - it's will be updated too in asset export, yes...
    But in real life I want not just change a color, I want to made much more changes, just by adding new polygons path, and so - it's will not update asset at export. Because only what I've selected before and dragged into asset will be updated.

What needs to be done - if I right click on polygons which already "connected" with asset for export - in menu…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. XMP Meta Data、MM:Historyの機能改善

現在、IllustratorではXMPメタデータ上のHistoryの記述が最大で2個となっていて、初回保存時に1つ目、別名で保存時に2つ目が記述され、以降、別名で保存によるファイル派生が生じた時に2つ目のHistoryが更新される仕様になっています。
    Photoshopでは、このHistoryの項目に保存履歴だけではなくconvertやderived等の主要な編集イベントの情報も記述されます。InDesignにおいても保存イベントは詳細に記述され履歴の確認が可能になっています。
    Illustratorにおいても、もう少し細かく履歴情報の記述を行っていただきたい。

以下に各サンプルを挙げておきます。
    ※Photoshop
    <xmpMM:History>
    <rdf:Seq>
    <rdf:li rdf:parseType="Resource">
    <stEvt:action>saved</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:fa197c48-1372-49d9-8ae1-f5cc273d4aae</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-01-25T20:48:06+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/</stEvt:changed>
    </rdf:li>
    <stEvt:action>converted</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:parameters>from image/jpeg to application/vnd.adobe.photoshop</stEvt:parameters>
    <stEvt:action>derived</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:parameters>converted from image/jpeg to application/vnd.adobe.photoshop</stEvt:parameters>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:779a3d47-4ae6-4b0e-be0b-b1a7f2ee5007</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-01-25T20:48:06+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:f343692b-df77-40bb-8ee4-6fefc6341435</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2019-06-05T21:28:08+09:00</stEvt:when>
    </rdf:Seq>
    </xmpMM:History>

保存以外の様々なイベントが記述され確認が可能です。

※InDesign
    <xmpMM:History>
    <rdf:Seq>
    <stEvt:action>created</stEvt:action>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:FC7BA4FD42206811822A93784E262F37</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2012-05-11T15:56:45+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 7.0</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:CEC84C1347206811822A93784E262F37</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2012-05-11T16:26+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 7.0</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/;/metadata</stEvt:changed>

<stEvt:instanceID>xmp.iid:3aa516e9-6e10-4d30-8213-1d01b5e0c6e8</stEvt:instanceID>
    <stEvt:when>2021-05-18T19:03:52+09:00</stEvt:when>
    <stEvt:softwareAgent>Adobe InDesign 16.1 (Macintosh)</stEvt:softwareAgent>
    <stEvt:changed>/metadata</stEvt:changed>
    <rdf:li…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. gcode

Hello!

I would be absolutely DELIGHTED if you could introduce a way to export G-Code from Illustrator. I have a laser engraver (Cubiio) and the only way I can turn vectors into G-Code at the moment is by using Inkscape and an extension by J Tech Photonics. I hate Inkscape with a passion so I grind my teeth every time. This is what I have to resort to when working with vector files that I would like to convert: https://cubiio.muherz.com/gcode_instruction.html

There is a G-Code extension available for Illustrator, created by https://diegomonzon.com/illustrator-to-gcode/ , but I have been unable to get it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update Asset in Asset Export Panel

It would be really nice to be able to update an asset in the Asset Export panel with the current selection. Why? Here's my example…

I have 6 assets in my file, each with different names, each containing different objects, but each sharing a logo.

Client says to change the logo. Now I need to remake all 6 assets instead of being able to paste in the new logo and updating the assets.

Suggestion: In the Asset Export panel, with an asset selected, allow the user to update the selected asset with the selected objects.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Efficient and standardized PDF export without exporting hidden illustrator content

The current illustrator "save as" saves all illustrator content, but hides data that is not on the selected "save as" pages. This puts content that I don't want published at risk (the pdf can be opened in illustrator to reveal all content) as well as creates very inefficient and bloated PDF's. I have to either create a seperate illustrator file that deletes all artboards and content that I don't want exported, then save as PDF, or save as PDF (with all content) and open the PDF in illustrator after export to delete the hidden content and resave.

is inconsistant with…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add Type/Text Variables/Insert Variables/Modification Date upon save. Same as InDesign.

Please add Type/Text Variables/Insert Variables/Modification Date upon save. Same as InDesign.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe have to improve the SVG exportation tool

Adobe have to improve the SVG tool, because we need to create new document to be able export SVG CODE directly from Illustrator file...
    Will be better, if we colect files to export, and on this function, be able to export not just SVG file, but also the SVG code, to use diretly on CSS and HTML.
    Will be a great help to web designers.
    Cumpz :)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  10 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Embed Colorsync profile when exporting png illustrator

From Photoshop you can choose to embed a colorsynprofile when saving or exporting to png. I need that in Illustrator as well. Webbrowsers are smart enough to recognise icc-profiles and adjust display appropriately. Illustrator needs to have this option as well, and save the currently assigned rgb-profile when exporting

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File > Rename command

If you saved your file with a typo and want to fix it or to change name in general, you have to save, close, go to the file manager, find the file, rename (and hope Ai has not it locked), open it back (and then have an invalid item in File > Recent).

It would be so much easier to have a dedicated command for it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support SVG property 'paint-order'

Add support for the paint-order property. By default the fill is painted and then the stroke is placed on top. The paint-order property allows this order to be defined so the stroke can be placed under the fill. Without support for this a svg can look very different than the imported version in illustrator.

The file attached is an example of the property in use.

Example:
    https://mdn.mozillademos.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/paint-order$samples/Examples?revision=1530134

See the following resources:
    https://svgwg.org/svg2-draft/painting.html#PaintOrder
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/paint-order
    https://caniuse.com/#feat=mdn-css_properties_paint-order

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve page selection when opening PDFs in Illustrator

Referring to the attached screenshot for opening PDFs in Illustrator:
    I find that I am constantly browsing through the preview pages using (B), and hitting 'Open' when I see the previewed page I want -- completely forgetting to actually enter the page number in the Range (C), and thereby opening Page 1, swearing, and starting again. Casual survey suggests this is a common issue for others in my studio as well.
    It would be great if changing the previewed page using B also updated the page number selected in C; or, if an additional radio button sitting with C and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Batching actions can't access files through Windows file shortcuts

If user has a folder with shortcuts to files in different folders and try to batch this folder, AI can't see files. It would be great if it could.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set class info for SVG

You can set the name of a path that becomes an id in the svg export.
    If you are programming in javascript to animate items in the svg, you need the id, but also classes. This would mean we could manipulate many different objects in one command.
    What we need is to set a list of classes (in the Properties window, probably). So if you set the list to orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized (probably with a + sign to add another class) and the svg output will have class="orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized" inside.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cdr

Possible to open .cdr files, this is needed. Because in my country "Indonesia", who people are using corel and some using illustraot. We need this feature!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. import chart data from Excel or CSV

Need to be able to import data from an Excel (or at least a CSV) file, to create chart with Charting tool. Rather antiquated to have to copy/paste to get data for a chart. (In more than 30 years of using AI, I've NEVER been given a data file in TXT format--the only option currently available to import graph data.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Export for Screen Quality of export

Not sure if it has been asked or discussed (spent way to much time searching for it and not finding it) but the "export for screens" exports terrible quality - mostly for jpg.

The quality is jagged and blurry when exporting a large graphic with text that has been outlined. Yet, when I use the legacy export for the same width and size I want, the quality is far superior whilst still having a small footprint in size.

Why is the legacy export, in any format, so much better than the "export for screens" that you have made default?

Often…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multi page pdf import - need option to distribute artboards

Here is the comparison of Importing 300 pages pdf vs creating same 300 pages via new document dialogue. Are we still in the same product?

Expected .Distributing the artboards evenly or even giving options to distribute artboards during pdf import.

Observed: facepalm

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SVG option to convert text to outlines when exporting

When exporting SVG I have ran into wonkyness with fonts so sometimes we export SVG graphics with text as shapes...

But then I some times get distracted by a email or chat message and save the ai version with out undoing my text to outlines conversion...

Why not just have a check box on the SVG export panel "convert all text to shapes" then when I export this option parse the document and convert all text to shapes...

So I do not have to worry about undoing my convert text to shapes when I save the master ai file.

Stephen

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Increase artboard size limitations for creating PDFs.

Fix issue of not being able to make PDFs larger than 200 inches. I create packaging for furniture that often exceeds this limitation. Causes major issues when working with printers in China. Please offer another option instead of "scaling artwork down". The packaging has to have very precise dimensions and scaling opens doors to mistakes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base