When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Retrieving an unsaved file

Enable an option to retrieve a file within a certain time period, that was closed but not saved. This would be useful when a file is closed in error. This happened to me and I lost a days work. Silly error but easily done as I had a swatch box obscuring the file tab and closed it by mistake. Unfortunately because I then tried to reopen the file, the snapshot in the data recovery file was the re opened unsaved version so I had lost all of the previous 4 hours work.
    Therefore, if it was possible that AI could…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export symbols to SVG like as native path/vector

It would be very coherent to have an option to configure a "break link" when exporting symbols to SVG, leaving it as a common vector.
    Currently, exporting symbols to svg creates a <symbol> element, leaving us with no freedom to manipulate every SVG as usual.
    Extra hint: Put the symbol name as ID of the converted object in vector.
    Since in Web projects, we need SVG with all its elements in native shapes/paths.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Adson,

Thanks a lot for adding your feature request to Uservoice. Just to confirm, symbols are references by at the moment but you’d rather like to have the actual instance added directly:

Turns to:

Is this correct? What issues do you have with ?

3. Save in Multiple Formats at once.

It would be a HUGE time saving feature.
    It is such a waste of time to have to save each individual file I am working on separately. It would be great for instance to be able to save in both ai and pdf formats at the same time. As well as being able to save every file simultaneously in the chosen format / version.
    Saving files in Illustrator is a truly Tedious, long drawn out affair.
    And of course being able to save in the background so you do not get locked out of other files you are currently working…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File New fit to Clipboard

I thought this was already a feature....

Have content on Clipboard... Open Ai, New File, choose size auto fit to Clipboard

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as vector in Illustrator.

Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as a vector in Illustrator.

After all Photoshop and Illustrator belong to the same family, So at-least we users expect this little ability to have this ease of use.

Please do include this capability.

Thanks.
    Jaydev

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the app to send projects to Sketch

If I want to outline a drawing in Illustrator Draw but color it in Photoshop Sketch, right now I have to save it to the creative cloud as PSD. There should be an option where I can open the full project in Sketch app, in both apps where in Photoshop Sketch I can choose to either import a project from Illustrator Draw, or while in Draw I can export a project to Photoshop Sketch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export quality for EMF or WMF

When exporting to emf or wmf formats to get editable vectors into PowerPoint the details in curves or small marks get all messed up. For example the details of a registered trade mark on a logo will be distorted or the curve of a letter o will become choppy. This is a huge issue for us and I'm hoping quality settings like the options provided for exporting and svg would fix the issue.

Thank You

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save as pdf (range) without ALL canvases being saved in the background

See here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/single-page-pdf-from-illustrator-includes-all-canvases-in-document/m-p/12564633#M300920

When I save a range from a multiple-canvas Illustrator document, the pdf in Acrobat shows only the range requested, but when opening the pdf back into Illustrator, ALL canvases from the original document are in the document.

Example (see also screenshots):
    I have a simple Illustrator document with 72 canvases. When I save ONE canvas from that document (Save as PDF, range X, Press quality), the pdf it creates shows to have only one page, but the file size of the pdf is 20+Mb, which for this simple work is exorbitantly high. Upon opening the pdf back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Variable Data, Batch Save and Export should be able to grab filenames from CSV.

When exporting variable data with a batch save/export command, instead of being limited to File + Number, File + Data Set Name, Data Set Name, there should be an option to grab from a variable within the data. If your variable is named '$Filename', then it recognizes that column as the filename.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard shortcut for Relink (Link palette)

One of the features I use very heavily is the Relink button in the Link palette. It has major advantages over the Place function:

1) it automatically replaces selected linked images (Place requires you to check the Replace checkbox, which becomes unchecked once you do any other Place that isn't a replace)

But most importantly,
    2) It allows you to relink multiple linked images (replacing them in order from topmost to bottommost).

Since there is literally no other way to replace multiple linked images in a single action (Place grays out the Replace checkbox if you have more than one…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Generate .ico file from Illustrator (AND Photoshop)

I just used https://icoconvert.com/ to convert a 32x32 PNG to ICO.

This is something that, in 2020, Illustrator -- AND Photoshop! -- ought to be able to do natively. I mean, if a WEBSITE can do it....

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. “Clipping path limit reached for TIFF preview" dialog.

Please add a checkbox with the "Do not show" option in the “Clipping path limit reached for TIFF preview" dialog. This comes up hourly in my company's workflow and the only option given is "Ok". Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add 'Relink image' in the right click (contextual) menu

would speed up productivity when replacing multiple linked images by allowing users to control-click or right-click on an image to relink files, rather than going to the menu bar every time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save from Illustrator to iPad Cloud

I need to be able to save illustrator files to the cloud for ipad use, as I can for Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DWG export to have thumbnail/preview

DWG files exported from Illustrator have no way to be previewed without opening. DWG files saved from AutoCAD have a thumbnail image included in the file that can be shown by Bridge CC or windows file explorer. but illustrator doesn't seem to export these correctly. This makes it impossible to sort through large amounts of DWG files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. placeholder image

image Placeholder function like InDesign

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show linked file page number and change page of pdf easily

For example, I have a multi-page pdf file in my hand.
    I choose pdf file in illustrator and I can't understand which page of pdf
    How I can understand which page of pdf file
    And I would like to be able to change the pages like the photo below

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Imported SVG path elements - always black fill

I am using the latest version of AI (early 2019).

I notice that SVG path elements often lose their fill color. (They are always black.)

Have not been able to pin down the exact circumstances where this fails, but I am attaching a bare bones file which exhibits the issue clearly.

This file displays perfectly in (e.g.) chrome. There's a red and a green filled path.

But when importing the SVG to AI, the 'red' path loses its fill and becomes black. The green fill is honored on input. I can't see any meaningful difference between the way the fill…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow different computers to work on the same file

Inspired by the way Google Docs work and how you can edit a file on a shared Dropbox file and have it change to all users it is shared, it'd be really functional if two people could edit a file on at the same time.

I know this could be really challenging, but it'd make it better for users who work in teams or need to revise files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base