When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. import autocad layers

when importing a file from autocad, regardless of which version its saved as the layers are not preserved and every object appears as a separate item under 1 layer. What a nightmare. I only purchased Illustrator to present our CAD drawings and it cant even do that properly, waste of money. User interface is logicless and not at all intuitive, totally reliant on youtube tutorial videos and web search solutions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reduce & refine the SVG code that Illustrator exports!

Illustrator creates bloated and messed up SVG code. Please Adobe, make Illustrator so it Exports much cleaner and simpler code.

I'm working with a team of developers and they mock the SVGs I'm giving them. They won't even use many of them, because every single KB matters, and when an SVG file goes from 10KB to 50kb to 100KB, it makes a really REALLY big difference when including in an application or website, so much so, that the developers refuse to use some of my SVGs!

I've attached a script generated SVG (Clean) and the same exact file after being…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. placeholder image

image Placeholder function like InDesign

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add AI format to Asset Export

Currently Asset Export seems to be oriented towards web, but it could be equally useful for print situations. I share AI format too when working with other designers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Individual Layers separately

Now we can only export the multiple art boards on one layer at a time. Please make it possible to select more than one layer and export those to files.

It would save a ton of time when we have multiple images to export from like dartboards stacked up on multiple layers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export for Screens - Please add EMF as an option

I have hundreds of EPS icon files I need to convert for use in PowerPoint which means they need to be in EMF, EMZ or WMF format. The Asset Export tool is amazing and would be perfect for this task, but unfortunately EMF is not an export option. Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Asset Export Organizer

Under "Asset Export" provide an option to organize or reorder (auto alphabetize) the assets once they have been named. It gets very difficult to review my batches whenever I would like to create and replace an existing asset. It would also be great if duplicate names detection is available to avoid the same names for assets .

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PDF export setting sorted alphabetically

It would be nice if the Illustrator PDF export preset dropdown would be sorted alphabetically instead of, what looks like, random. Indesign does this perfectly, why not Illustrator?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Metadata enhancements for artboard to invidual file (save/export)

Wish - Metadata enhancements
    1) Document level metadata to be exported and added when artboards are exported as individual files
    2) Ability to add overrides at artboard level for metadata, which on export is carried forward into the individual files generated

Scenario:
    I often create a series of images by using arboards, as they are related and worked on as a mini-project (e.g. series of icons, part of online learning story-boards, series of progressive diagrams etc.). I export these for use by individual staff, who use graphics in PowerPoint, Word, LMS, InDesign projects etc.
    Note: InDesign docs are converted to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Retrieving an unsaved file

Enable an option to retrieve a file within a certain time period, that was closed but not saved. This would be useful when a file is closed in error. This happened to me and I lost a days work. Silly error but easily done as I had a swatch box obscuring the file tab and closed it by mistake. Unfortunately because I then tried to reopen the file, the snapshot in the data recovery file was the re opened unsaved version so I had lost all of the previous 4 hours work.
    Therefore, if it was possible that AI could…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Package command should have option to choose file version

Package command should have option to choose file version

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export symbols to SVG like as native path/vector

It would be very coherent to have an option to configure a "break link" when exporting symbols to SVG, leaving it as a common vector.
    Currently, exporting symbols to svg creates a <symbol> element, leaving us with no freedom to manipulate every SVG as usual.
    Extra hint: Put the symbol name as ID of the converted object in vector.
    Since in Web projects, we need SVG with all its elements in native shapes/paths.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Adson,

Thanks a lot for adding your feature request to Uservoice. Just to confirm, symbols are references by at the moment but you’d rather like to have the actual instance added directly:

Turns to:

Is this correct? What issues do you have with ?

13. Save in Multiple Formats at once.

It would be a HUGE time saving feature.
    It is such a waste of time to have to save each individual file I am working on separately. It would be great for instance to be able to save in both ai and pdf formats at the same time. As well as being able to save every file simultaneously in the chosen format / version.
    Saving files in Illustrator is a truly Tedious, long drawn out affair.
    And of course being able to save in the background so you do not get locked out of other files you are currently working…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. File New fit to Clipboard

I thought this was already a feature....

Have content on Clipboard... Open Ai, New File, choose size auto fit to Clipboard

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as vector in Illustrator.

Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as a vector in Illustrator.

After all Photoshop and Illustrator belong to the same family, So at-least we users expect this little ability to have this ease of use.

Please do include this capability.

Thanks.
    Jaydev

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow the app to send projects to Sketch

If I want to outline a drawing in Illustrator Draw but color it in Photoshop Sketch, right now I have to save it to the creative cloud as PSD. There should be an option where I can open the full project in Sketch app, in both apps where in Photoshop Sketch I can choose to either import a project from Illustrator Draw, or while in Draw I can export a project to Photoshop Sketch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export quality for EMF or WMF

When exporting to emf or wmf formats to get editable vectors into PowerPoint the details in curves or small marks get all messed up. For example the details of a registered trade mark on a logo will be distorted or the curve of a letter o will become choppy. This is a huge issue for us and I'm hoping quality settings like the options provided for exporting and svg would fix the issue.

Thank You

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add option to Import DXF tool

Hello,
    I have some request about the Import DXF feature.
    When opening a dxf file, the window ask if we want to scale the file to the artwork, but not the opposite.
    When opening a file at scale 1:1, it could be valuable to set the size of the artboard to the limits of the dxf file, as you have to do manually (most often) after you open it.
    It could also be cool to have a window showing the list of layers in the file and give the option to make a selection of those you want to import…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save Individual PDF's in CMYK from Artboards

We are able to save the artboards using the "Export for Screens" function, but they export in RGB, even when using a CMYK file.
    It would be great to have an option, whether in the "Save As" window, to be able to save artboards as individual PDF's, with the artboard names, or something similar to "Export for Screens", but for CMYK files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not allow save if multiple versions of same file is open in same computer

Lets say, you have 10 files open when you are working in illustrator. You take a break and come back, and open another instance of the same file say, X (you forgot you have X already open). It does give you a message, that 'the file is already open, do you want to reopen' etc., but you are quick these days to click ok on any dialog box, rather than reading what the message was. Now, you have two instances of the same file open in the same window. This leads to multiple complications:
    1. You save one version. Take…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base