When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toggle Off Large Canvas Scaling when Saving as PDF

Any artboards created larger than 227 x 227 inches are changed to a large canvas setting, which adds a scale factor to the canvas. So Illustrator will say a document that is 300 x 300 is actually 30 x 30 and just scaled by 1/10 of the size. This setting causes issues with my printer software where it reads it as a 30 x 30 and not the true size, it is disregarding the scale factor. I have to take these files and chop them up into smaller panels to print them. When I chop them up it is still…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Return Adobe Draw!!!

Hello, I have been using Adobe Draw for 4 years until January 10.2022. I am extremely disappointed with its closure and its replacement with Fresco, which is not even available for Android users.
    Over 4 years of work, everything is ruined because my projects are saved as JPEG and the function to download as PNG does not work
    I searched for thousands of applications, none of them is the same as Adobe Draw or at least a little closer to it. Millions of people in Bulgaria used it for various purposes and after closing it you broke everything
    I beg…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Save as pdf (range) without ALL canvases being saved in the background

See here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/single-page-pdf-from-illustrator-includes-all-canvases-in-document/m-p/12564633#M300920

When I save a range from a multiple-canvas Illustrator document, the pdf in Acrobat shows only the range requested, but when opening the pdf back into Illustrator, ALL canvases from the original document are in the document.

Example (see also screenshots):
    I have a simple Illustrator document with 72 canvases. When I save ONE canvas from that document (Save as PDF, range X, Press quality), the pdf it creates shows to have only one page, but the file size of the pdf is 20+Mb, which for this simple work is exorbitantly high. Upon opening the pdf back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto opening a layered illustrator file in photoshop as layered smart objects.

I create my original illustration files in vector format and in layers in Adobe Illustrator. I then copy each layer to its own artboard and save off an Ai file with the multiple layers converted to artboards, I then manually place these artboards as individual linked smart layers in Photoshop to ensure a non-destructive and combined Vector/Bitmap workflow/solution between Ai and PS.

This is a LOT of manual work each time, Photoshop SHOULD be able to open a simple and layered Illustrator file automatically like this in this non-destructive manner.

Saving off as a layered PSD file from Ai rasterises…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. export for screens, select: none

When I 'Export for Screens' and have loads of artboards I can select 'All' as a checkbox.
    It would be good to be able to select none - instead of clicking the dozen or more select boxes to un-select artboards.
    This would save heaps of time - its annoying not to have it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add DXF/DWG Export To Increased Canvas Size In Illustrator 24.2 (and later)

Would it be possible to add DXF/DWG as an export option for the new expanded max canvas size (Illustrator, 24.2 and forward). The increased canvas size is wonderful, however as someone who will move to-scale sketches from Illustrator into a 3D modeling program, not having DXF/DWG exports at the new max size makes the use of the new canvas size somewhat limited.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keyboard shortcut for Relink (Link palette)

One of the features I use very heavily is the Relink button in the Link palette. It has major advantages over the Place function:

1) it automatically replaces selected linked images (Place requires you to check the Replace checkbox, which becomes unchecked once you do any other Place that isn't a replace)

But most importantly,
    2) It allows you to relink multiple linked images (replacing them in order from topmost to bottommost).

Since there is literally no other way to replace multiple linked images in a single action (Place grays out the Replace checkbox if you have more than one…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. “Clipping path limit reached for TIFF preview" dialog.

Please add a checkbox with the "Do not show" option in the “Clipping path limit reached for TIFF preview" dialog. This comes up hourly in my company's workflow and the only option given is "Ok". Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add 'Relink image' in the right click (contextual) menu

would speed up productivity when replacing multiple linked images by allowing users to control-click or right-click on an image to relink files, rather than going to the menu bar every time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save from Illustrator to iPad Cloud

I need to be able to save illustrator files to the cloud for ipad use, as I can for Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DWG export to have thumbnail/preview

DWG files exported from Illustrator have no way to be previewed without opening. DWG files saved from AutoCAD have a thumbnail image included in the file that can be shown by Bridge CC or windows file explorer. but illustrator doesn't seem to export these correctly. This makes it impossible to sort through large amounts of DWG files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show linked file page number and change page of pdf easily

For example, I have a multi-page pdf file in my hand.
    I choose pdf file in illustrator and I can't understand which page of pdf
    How I can understand which page of pdf file
    And I would like to be able to change the pages like the photo below

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Imported SVG path elements - always black fill

I am using the latest version of AI (early 2019).

I notice that SVG path elements often lose their fill color. (They are always black.)

Have not been able to pin down the exact circumstances where this fails, but I am attaching a bare bones file which exhibits the issue clearly.

This file displays perfectly in (e.g.) chrome. There's a red and a green filled path.

But when importing the SVG to AI, the 'red' path loses its fill and becomes black. The green fill is honored on input. I can't see any meaningful difference between the way the fill…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow different computers to work on the same file

Inspired by the way Google Docs work and how you can edit a file on a shared Dropbox file and have it change to all users it is shared, it'd be really functional if two people could edit a file on at the same time.

I know this could be really challenging, but it'd make it better for users who work in teams or need to revise files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's a shame that third party programs can open old freehand files.

It's a shame that third party programs can open old freehand files.
    Affinity designer can do it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save Session

Sometimes when working on a project I'll have a few tabs open. I know I can save all the files in one spot and open them when needed but the ability to recall a set of tabs to open when needed would be great. That way I can shut down a full project, start a new one and then come back to the previous tabs when needed.

I'm thinking under File adding a prompt to "Save Session" > Name the session.

To open the session have it under File > Open Session

Sometimes I'll leave illustrator open with way to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "Crop Image Data to Frames" option to PDF Export (after first adding PDF Export).

InDesign can crop image data to frames, which can significantly shrink PDF files. Why is this long existing InDesign feature missing from Illustrator? Please add it. There is no excuse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Import (or convert) Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw files as paths instead of shapes

Please give an option in Illustrator to import or convert Adobe Sketch files as paths instead of shapes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export for Screens - bigger window size for "prefix"

On export for screens, the "prefix" section: In addition to adding a checkbox for AI filename, make the prefix window longer. I frequently have longer prefixes and it is a minor pain to scroll over to change a prefix name. There's plenty of room in that box to make it the width of the rest of the export screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base