1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Return setting values by scrolling mouse wheel in "New Document" dialog

It was very useful feature in older versions of illustrator and did my work faster. I wish it will return back

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Installing old versions of Illustrator!

My Illustrator 2020 / 24.6 was crashing on startup, so i decided to delete and reinstall it.
    Now i can't find on Creative Cloud the same version (2020/ 24.6) to download.
    I've been informed by customer service that Adobe no longer provides previous versions of the apps. I never received any information that the company would no longer provide the older versions and now I can't reinstall the version I had on my computer. My OS doesn't support updates anymore so I can't install the latest versions of Illustrator. Customer service only provides base version 24.0 for offline installation and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customize Illustrator

At this moment it's a painful story to change the default graphic style or font. Especially if you have to work with certain design guidelines it would be easier to have a workspace that features the right colors, fonts, etc on default. Please try to figure out how to make this easier for us.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customizable splash screen

Adobe marketing team decides what to display as splash screens. Sometimes the choice is great, and sometimes is not, much more often, to some of us.

And since the Illustrator splash screen is what we see often, and it obviously influence our thought and mood, we’d like to have options to customize it.

We can access the image ourselves, all of them are stored along with other version for different resolution screens at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\aiccsplash.png (on Windows)
    and packed in the application in Contents\Resources\ (on Macs),
    but this feels like a hack.

What if we…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display Workspace Name in Application Header

The workspace switcher in the application header used to show you the name of the workspace you were currently in, it seems like it has now been replaced with only an icon. Would be great if we could bring back the workspace name, as I like to know what workspace I am working in, also there is plenty of room and a larger button target couldn't hurt. I could see it as simple as being able to pull the vertcle rule over to the left if users wanted the "expanded" workspace button vs just the icon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix annoying save bug after adjusting UI preferences

I just encountered an annoying save bug that caused me to lose 90 minutes of work in Illustrator. Here is the sequence of events:

•  I opened an existing document in AI, with the intention of changing it and saving as something else.

• I opened preferences and made a minor UI adjustment (tweaked the size of my tool bar).

• Dialog #1 stated that changes will not occur until you restart AI. Would you like to restart? Yes/No.

• I selected YES (without thinking), under the assumption that I would be given the option to 'save as.'

• Dialog #2…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Nix the Stupid Blue Share Button

Get rid of the stupid giant blue "Share" button in the toolbar. It's very distracting because it looks like I constantly have a notification. And I will never use it. We've been all through this with Acrobat already!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. UI Scaling for Macs without 1920 x 1080 resolution (on a MacBook Pro 13" M1)

Hello, I would like to have UI scaling for smaller Macs that do not have or meet the resolution listed (ie 1920 x 1080).

I am on a 13" Mac and it is difficult to see my toolbars at its current size and don't have a solution to improve it. This feature would aide in stronger accessibility to those who have vision impairment or challenges. Thank you for considering this change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. search for tools by name when editing the toolbar

When editing the tools that are in the toolbar we are confronted with a big panel full of tools. The recent update that categorizes them and allows for a grid view is very helpful. However, I still find myself scrolling down and up trying to find the particular tool I would like to add to the toolbar because it's so easy to miss it. If there were a little search bar at the top where we could type the name of the tool we are trying to locate to pair down the options it would be a much nicer/quicker experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to disable Rotate View

I think the new rotate view update is great if you want to work from multiple angles. But I’ve found it extremely difficult to work while using my trackpad because when ever I zoom in on my projects rotate view is automatically triggered and I have to keep going back to reset my view. As someone who works on multiple art boards at once this happens in a smaller span of time which tends to become annoying after a while.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Recovery Improvement

The cancel button should not instantly close the file. The reason why is I'm so used to pressing cancel to get out of an option that I don't want without it closing the file. Because of this, I have been conditioned to think that if I press cancel then I will still be able to work on the file. This goes for all Recovery options on all the programs. It would also be nice to have access to said recovery file longer rather than it being completely lost after pressing cancel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Curvature Combs and Tunni lines

Two ideas, both aimed at creating smoother curves:

1. curvature combs:
      an additional visual aid that could be enabled/disabled via hotkey or option on a panel that assists the artist/user in evaluating whether a curve is continuously smooth, or whether it needs adjustment. See this blog for a quick coded breakdown:
      https://observablehq.com/@jrus/curvature-comb
      see this webpage for more traditional curvature combs with lines perpendicular to the curved path, in proportion to the path's curvature at that point:
      http://www.bluesmith.co.uk/evaluateComb.htm

2. Tunni lines:
      an additional assist/handle for helping a user more precisely adjust a curve (or multiple curves), both symmetrically and asymmetrically.
      See this example…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ignore commas in graph data

I create regional reports with a lot of data visualization, so I copy and paste from excel and google sheets all the time. The amount of time I spend removing commas from each number over 999 while creating graphs is wild. I'm working on finding better workflows for this, but if you could just make commas invisible or intelligible to the data window in Illustrator, I would be so happy!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basic touchpad functionality on Windows

As someone who just switched from Mac to Windows, it's incredibly frustrating not to be able to zoom with a pinch or even to scroll diagonally.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Zoom factor that shows all artboards

I'd like to have an additional zoom factor in the zoom drop down field that says "All artboards" that zooms out so far that all artboards are visible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 맥 버전에서도 윈도우버전과 같은 단축키를 쓸 수 있게 부탁드립니다.

윈도우 버전에서는 알트 키를 이용해 메뉴에 접근하고 주요 메뉴는 연속된 키 입력으로 접근이 가능합니다. 예를 들어 문자 전체 선택을 하기 위해서는 알트 sop를 누르면 됩니다. 이러한 방법이 맥 버전에서는 불가능해 너무 불편합니다. 동일한 방식으로 단축키를 사용할 수 있도록 업데이트 부탁드립니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add nudge buttons to Pattern Options / Width and Height

Add nudge buttons to Pattern Options / Width and Height

It's inconvenient to type in vales to try/finetune.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better ui for 'All Tools'

The All Tools addition to the Tools had great potential, but the implementation is not intuitive imho.

Why doesn't it allow to select the shown tools directly?

Why not make a search box / let it react to the keyboard, so a tool can be selected fast, without having it to add to the Toolbox?

E.g. a Spiral is needed once in a while, but is not necessary in the Toolbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change behavior of scrolling out of bounds or overlapping panels

When dragging an element to the page or screen edge, the scrolling rate goes from 10px/second to 1000 and you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to go back far enough but not too far. If you go too far, you scroll 1000px in the other direction. All while you are holding a bunch of important elements that you don't want to release. It's unnerving and makes no sense. Make the scroll rate consistent even when scrolling out of bounds. Either that or don't let us scroll further our of bounds than the width or height…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Put Tool Options in a Panel

Put all Tool Options into a panel instead of a modal dialog. Stop interrupting workflow to get settings that could easily be encapsulated into a panel.

Also, quit with the 50 different ways of asking the same thing. The blob tool, warp tool, any brush tool all use different ways of getting at the same setting:

Brush Size, Brush Shape, Brush Angle, Brush Roundness, Intensity Pick the best one and stick with it in all the tool settings.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base