• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 23 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable "hover scrolling to change numeric value in input fields"! At least an option to do so

it's super maddening and frustrating. I often have to use trackpad to do work and this activates so easily. Please provide an option to turn this off. Thanks

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find Font window panel - expandable/resizable and searchable

Please simply allow the Find Font window panel to be expandable/resizable. Difficult to tell between the different weights on long font names such as:
    Helvetica Neue LT Extended Heavy
    vs
    Helvetica Neue LT Extended Black

The panel needs more horizontal space or even a tooltip to pop-out the full font name.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dim Control In Isolation Mode

It's extremely difficult to manually work with colors with respect to the complete artwork in isolation mode with the background dimming effect. This should be able to be disabled, while still maintaining group isolation workflow benefits.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding more brushes to the touch workspace...

I would like to be able to change my brush style while I'm working in the touch workspace. I can go into the essentials workspace and it reverts back to a simple brush when you change back to the touch workspace. It's extremely frustrating. Other programs can use other brushes and change layers, so it makes using Illustrator for drawing very difficult.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. プロパティパネルのアピアランス部分に濃度設定を追加してほしい

現状のアピアランスパネルでは塗りや線の色を設定する際に塗りのアイコン部分をクリックするとスウォッチが開き素早くカラーを変更可能です。しかし、そのスウォッチに対して薄い色が欲しい場合、開いたパネルで1回ボタンをクリックすることによりカラーパレット表示に切り替えた上での調整が必須です。
    この手順はワンクッション増加するためにプロパティパネル上の不透明度の設定を調整することで代替してしまうというワークフローが増加しています。これはデータ上に安易に透明効果を適用した部分を増加させる事に繋がり、適切な設定を施されないままトラブル誘発の原因となってしまっています。
    なにより、不透明度を下げるという事はその下の情報を表示する事に繋がりますから色を薄く設定するという意図からはかけ離れた行為であると言えるでしょう。
    また、以下のチュートリアルにおいても色を薄くする目的でに安易に不透明度の利用を勧めています。

https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/illustrator/how-to/basics-essentials-workspace-illustrator.html

この説明はまずいです。塗りの濃度調整及び不透明度の設定はそれぞれ明確な使い所が存在し、適切に使い分けるべき機能です。

さて、ここで提案なのですが、InDesignの様にプロパティパネルのアピアランス部分の「塗り」と「線」の項目に濃度の設定項目を追加していただきたいと思います。
    InDesignとはスウォッチの性質が異なるのですが、設定したスウォッチに対して濃度の項目で設定した数値を単純に割合として計算した数値のカラーを適用出来れば問題ないと考えます。
    添付の機能追加提案分の画像の赤で囲んだ部分のイメージのようにしてはいかがでしょうか。
    こうする事でユーザーは簡単に塗りや線の濃度を調整可能となります。

ぜひご検討頂けたらと思います。

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize Home Screen Document Templates

The User should be able to select which document templates appear under "Create a new file" on the Home Screen.

Right now, it shows A4 (which I rarely use), Postcard (in godforsaken metric), Web Page, iPhone X (which I shall never, ever use), HDTV 1080 (which is identical to Web Page, and therefore pointless), and Custom.

But it does not list US Letter at all, even though I work at that size far more often than any other.

That is just plain stupid.

Let ME decide what templates to show on MY Home Screen.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Welcome Back To Illustrator screen customization

Two changes to the Welcome Screen:

1.- Ability to edit the "Start a New File Fast" group (like, in the US, I'd like to replace the A4 format with the more used US Letter Size?)

2.- Add a "Clear All Recent" button/option to clear all recently opened files (or follow the similar Photoshop model to clear files).

Thanks

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to maintain aspect ratio when resizing objects by default

Currently, if you want to resize an object (by clicking and dragging a corner) without distorting it, you need to hold down the shift key.

I would like (at least the option) to have Illustrator maintain aspect ratio by default when resizing, and hold shift to distort.

Even fancier would be an option to set the behavior of the top/bottom and side "handles"... distort vs. resize while maintaining aspect ratio.

Thanks!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customize page size shortcuts on Home screen

On the new Home screen in Illustrator 23, there does not appear to be any way to customize the list of page sizes that appear in the "Create a new file" section (as shown in the attached screenshot), at least as far as I can tell.

Three of the sizes shown in this list (A4, Postcard, iPhone X) are ones that I rarely work in, and would be willing to select them from the Custom option when needed. On the other hand, I do frequently work in US letter and statement sizes, but there doesn't seem to be any way…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keyboard shortcut to duplicate layer and its content.

Please consider creating a keyboard shortcut that will duplicate a selected layer and its content, as in PsCC, for example.

In PsCC one can duplicate a selected layer and its contents by using either of two keyboard shortcuts: 1) 'Ctrl+J' -or- 2) 'Alt+(any up/down/left/right arrow)'.

In either case, the duplicated layer+content will appear above the selected layer.

Thank you.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Split View on Mac

Split View on MAC, allows for full screen view while running 2 apps, with ability to interact with both sides of the screen. Its available on all apps, except Abode! I check PS and AI - they both don't work in this view.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notes Feature

Create a notes panel to write notes for yourself, the next person working on your file, the print house, etc.

The notes would pop up first thing when you open a file, and can be printed, amended, deleted etc... they could be print instructions, or time logs, or anything deemed of value to associate with the document.

These notes would travel with the document.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images

Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images! Indesign has this and it's very convenient. Its a no brainer to add it to Illustrator!!!!!!!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done in one of the latest releases.
    Now the button in Control panel (and in Links panel menu) says ‘Edit in Photoshop’. You also can change it back to system defaults in Preferences > File Handling section.

InDesign has more options, that is true, so please comment back if you need a larger list — but please give a solid justification why :)

15. Delete Hidden Layers command - Innapropriately named?

The latest version of Illustrator (25.3) introduces a new command in the flyout menu of the Layers palette. It is called Delete Hidden Layers.

It's a useful command, but it also deletes hidden groups and objects inside visible layers and visible groups as well. These are not what most Illustrator users would describe as 'Layers' and thus the naming of this command may cause a lot of trouble.

There should perhaps be at least two or three different commands: Delete Hidden Layers and Delete Hidden Objects and Delete All Hidden Items.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pan and zoom with scroll wheel

Would really appreciate being able to zoom in and out with the scroll wheel and pan by clicking it, just like in AutoCAD. Zoom focus would be relative to the cursor, so you can quickly move to any part of the document. This is a far easier and intuitive system, as navigating the canvas becomes twice as fast.

At the vary least there should be an option to enable this functionality, as some may prefer the current setup.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keyboard Shortcut to select locked objects

When needing to move a locked object, you currently only have the option of "unlock ALL" whereas sometimes you may have many things locked that you do not want unlocked - only one or two things you want to move.

It would be helpful if by holding a button (Say Alt or control) this would allow you to select locked objects, move or alter the object, and once you deselect it continues to be locked.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dedicted buttons for: Undo - Delete - Redo.

Dedicted buttons for Undo /Delete /Redo. either at the top or on a floating toolbar. I'm sick of having to go to the keyboard or:
    Edit > Undo
    Edit > Clear
    Edit > Redo
    Sure I could use keyboard shortcuts- but I don't want to.
    Virtually every other program has these buttons.
    it cannot be hard to add them, even if only in that new properties panel.
    You have to assume its bloody mindedness on Adobes part, continuing not have this basic feature and thinking everyone gets a thrill out of Command Z

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to put Properties Panel at the top of the workspace.

For those of us who find it more convenient for the Properties to be at the top of our workspace, we should be able to click and drag the properties panel into the default space along the top of the window.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Cancel an image trace.

Let me back out of an image trace with ESC. Sometimes it just won't work and I need to back out. If I've tried a thousand different combinations and it still won't trace well then I have to delete the image or sit through all of my undo's and sometimes I run out of undo's. I need to be able to cancel the trace.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base