1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

439 results found

1. Action: Insert Conditional

In the Photoshop Action panel there's "Insert Conditional" allowing you to set logical conditions for action behaviour. Illustrator should have this too. It's neat.

It's useful for making action behaviour more inteligent and relevant to the document, eg. doing one or another thing depending on whether the document is landscape or portrait, colour mode, etc.

Another way it can be used is to create toggle buttons for things that Illustrator doesn't currently have shortcuts for (eg. Scale Strokes & Effects). Presently you have to create two separate keybindings for each action, whereas the conditional allows you to toggle with a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Key command for scrolling thru blend modes

You know how Photoshop has a quick key command for scrolling thru blend modes? Why not one for Illustrator?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can assign your own custom hotkeys for these commands, using Keyboard Shortcuts dialog: select Tools from the drop-down menu (yes, that’s an unexpected place), and search for ‘blend’ — last two found commands are ‘Blend Mode – Next Mode’ and ‘’Blend Mode – Previous Mode’ — assign any keys you want or use Photoshop-like keys, Shift+Plus and Shift+Minus.
    The only difference between Ai and Ps is that Illustrator does not loop the list like Photoshop does… There is another request for this: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/44406693 — please vote there if you believe this should be addressed.

3. Make ImageTrace Like CS5 LiveTrace

ImageTrace may use less points but it completely gets rid of any ink bleed when tracing inked line art. The ink bleed was achievable with CS5 Live Trace but once ImageTrace was introduced it's not possible to achieve with any setting.

Please make ImageTrace great again, it was great as CS5 LiveTrace. Unbeatable. At least make CS5 available through Adobe CC subscription if nothing else.

I know I'm not the only one, please upvote if you feel the same way and miss the accuracy of CS5 LiveTrace.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for Microsoft SCUP

We have invested very large in SCCM infrastructure to support Global distribution of client applications. To speed up distribution of Adobe product versions we have analyzed Adobe Update Server solution.
    Based on our global environment that would require an enormous investment create a Adobe Update Server at every site location.

We would like Adobe to add support for Microsoft SCUM, that would speed up product distribution without very large investment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PDF Comment Tool

I like to design website visuals in Illustrator and add PDF comments in Acrobat but doing so means I need to re-add all the comments each time I save a new version of the PDF.

It would be great if there were a commenting tool in Illustrator that would export to PDF comments so I can add notes as I create artwork, rather than going back and doing it after each export.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Circles in Illustrator are not accurate

The circles in Illustrator are flawed and here's why.
    I discovered a major bug in Illustrator CC. The circles in Illustrator are not accurate. This is the case regardless of whether you use the ellipse tool or the arc tool. Make a circle. Check the dimensions to make sure it's accurate. Draw a radius line at 0º. Copy it 3 times and rotate the copies 90º,180º and 270º. When all of the copied lines are put on the center of the circle, they all touch the inner edge of the circle perfectly. However, Copy the 0º line and rotate it…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Better antialiasing

Long time ago I abandoned Xara and moved to Illustrator full-time.
    I managed to solve all problems I had encountered with, but several things still bug me.

One of them is this:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31525333-minus-front-on-grouped-objects
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32954797-pathfinder-must-work-with-group-as-a-single-object

The other one is a crude antialiasing.

See attached images.
    Zara puts more shades of gray to show the slope of test line, while AI leaves more uniformly filled areas. It gets more noticeable when angle gets sharper.
    Changing antialising options doesn't help.

Please, make antialiasing better.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding Background Color to Pattern Options

When creating seamless pattern it would be very helpful to have the ability to select a background color in the Pattern Options palette. Especially for hex shape, if I create a separate background shape the overlapping doesn't always work especially for Hex. I use the Appearance palette as a workaround or manually add a background color/shape. Please see screenshot for reference. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Lock or unlock Navigator View from General View. Two Separate Views

During my work I need to have two different views of my artboard or canvas. Now the Navigator panel and General view showing me the same view.

Adding an option that will allow to have two separate view can enhance my workflow. That can be achieved if we will have an option to lock or unlock Navigator View from General View.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no need to use Navigator panel for this.

Just call Window > New Window, untab it (if you use tabs), resize and reposition it the way you like, and work within the main window — all the changes you make are going to be rendered in real time in the second one.

10. Dragging from Bridge to Illustrator

Change the standard file-placement behaviour from Bridge to Illustrator so that it places the contents of the AI file (rather than a PDF or a PNG).

Say you've got a local library of picture elements, and you're browsing it in Bridge; you need to bring those elements into a currently open AI file. What do you do?

The obvious thing is to use Bridge like a library navigator, and simply drag the ai file into your composition. However, you can't;What actually happens is you get a PNG file; if you shift-drag you get a PDF file; both are useless.

And…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix blending of strokes

As described in this discussion (from 4 years ago!) - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1291256 - in most cases when you apply a blend to two strokes with any profile other than uniform, the intermediate stages of the blended strokes do not have any profile applied to them. I believe this has been a problem at least as far back as the introduction of variable width strokes, and has still not been resolved. This seriously hampers the usefulness of the blend tool and massively increases the amount of time required to produce the desired effect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Customization of The Features In Properties Panel (2018)

I would like to be able to rearrange (customize) the features in the new 2018 properties panel. I want to be able to add, remove and rearrange the features in the panel. This way the panel will only shows what I want it to show and get ride for the stuff I don't use. I would like to at least be able to collapse what I don't use.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow me to buy a cc subscription in a non-supported country

I'm trying to pay you for a product, I'm frustrated that I can't

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Improve your UX/program behaviour for god's sake

Illustrator is the worst program I have ever work with, an that's an opinion I share with a lot of designers. Nothing is logic, everything is a nonsense and I lost A LOT of time trying to make so simple things. Photoshop is awesome, after effects is awesome, don't know what happen to you with Illustrator, but please make a review of how it works and fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. List .ait files in File > Open Recent Files

Since I start every new file with a template, it would save a lot of time to be able to click on Recent Files rather than root through several folders to fetch it. CS6 used to list .ait files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hold middle mouse button to move camera

This would be better option by default than present Space + Left mouse button combo like in Adobe XD.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create option to change order & position in which layers are duplicated or copy/pasted in the layers panel

Layer organization is extremely important to my work. I'm constantly duplicating layers using the select + alt feature, and constantly having to re-order layers because they automatically get placed above the layer I'm working on. I would like the option to make my duplicated layers go immediately below the layer I'm working on.

I would also like the option for copy/pasted layers to go immediately above/below the original layer, or all the way at the bottom.

I spoke to an Adobe rep on chat and they said this isn't currently possible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove survey requests from app

Give users some way to disable in-app survey request popups. Simply clicking the X does NOT prevent it from popping up again in the future.

How about moving this request out of the program so it doesn't appear during a long, automated batch operation for example (and can't be dismissed BTW). Adobe has our email addresses, just send the request there. OR move survey notifications to the CC Desktop App. That's a nice central location that does not impinge on production activities in any of the apps.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link pictures from Variable Panel

When setting variables into variable panel, we can't auto add links addresses to variable, and need to add them into external xml or csv files. If we will add "Links" into variable panel we can click on folder icon and auto load link address into variable panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remember Pathfinder Options across sessions

Currently, the Pathfinder Options are not remembered across Illustrator sessions. This can be tested with the following steps.

1. Launch Illustrator.
    2. Via the Pathfinder panel, use the flyout menu to open Pathfinder Options.
    3. Set the precision to anything other than 0.028 pt.
    4. Quit and relaunch Illustrator.
    5. Reopen the Pathfinder Options. The precision has been set back to 0.028 pt.

It would also be good if the Pathfinder Options were able to be recorded as an action. It seems like a bug that they can not now — recording an action for it appears to work, and there is a Pathfinder Options…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base