When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn a layer highlight into an object selection

It's often simpler to highlight entries in the layers panel than it is to select the objects on the artboard.

e.g. you could just click the first and shift-click the last in order to hightlight many consecutive layers.

It would be really efficient if those highlighted objects could then be turned into a selection on the artboard (for transforming the elements or whatnot).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Ability to change the Canvas size after a new document is created

The new expanded canvas size is great, but I think there should be an option to change the canvas size from the standard one to the expanded one after a document is created instead of having to create a new document.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repeat grid option

I believe that in Adobe's software like Adobe xd, we can also have a Repeat Grid option which will work fast as the brochure and all other.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New document without symbols, brushes, graphic styles

New documents are pre-filled with unwanted symbols, brushes and graphic styles that bloat the documents. I always have to go in and delete these to keep file size down, especially when saving as EPS for logos, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Duplicate File

Like in Photoshop, I'd like an option in Illustrator to duplicate the entire file, opening the duplicate in a new tab.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Margin options like Indesign

Margins are such an important for of making posters and other graphic design related things, it would be great having this option in illustrator.

Happy that Indesign has this, but illustrator is often used for projects that have these very same needs, but I'm left with making the margins myself every time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option for Artboards to be non-printing

Would be very useful if there could be a setting in the Artboards palate that could make them 'non-printing' (Like in Layers) - I use a lot of pre-prepared template files and sometimes don't use all Artboards, so to 'turn them off' rather than having to delete (as I may need them later in a job) or keep changing print options would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set export options to default to the same folder the native is housed in

Set default export or save as locations to start in the same folder as the native Ai file as opposed to previous locations. It can be rather cumbersome when switching to an entirely new project, then exporting that project and having the 'save as' default to the entirely other project's recent save.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Default Artboard Position

When you create a new Adobe Illustrator document the Default Position of the Artboard should not be in the center it should be in the upper left corner with a little margin top and left.

At least give us the option to choose if we like a default center or upper left corner artboard position.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recolor multiple layers panel layers at the same time

In Photoshop, you can select multiple layers, and add a color marker at the same time to all of them. I often use the colors of layers in Illustrator for UI and packaging design to separate visually which layers are finished (green), and which ones I still need to work on (red). But I have to double click each layer one by one in order to change the color.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Position elements relative to artboards.

Since several improvements to artboards are in the pipeline, I think It would be worth considering positioning elements relative to the top left corner of the artboard. I haven't found a good use for keyboard entry of x and y positions. Positioning elements relatively would make it relatively easy to maintain padding / grids across multiple artboards by entering an exact value.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New artboard adjustable spacing

When the New Artboard button in Control panel is clicked, an artboard is created next to the current one. The spacing between these is not tweakable.

I work in metric units, on 10×10 millimeters grid. The space between artboards’ edges is 7.056mm. Yeah, I know, it’s 20 points, sure, but why should I care about points when units are millimeters? Why can’t I use a value that makes sense to me?

Furthermore, it is dangerously close to 7 and looks like an integer until you check it.

Please, allow to set a spacing manually in Artboard Options or elsewhere —…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Margins when creating a new document in AI and Photoshop

It would save time and be MUCH easier if you could just type in the Margin you want just like you do a bleed when creating a new document just like InDesign. Its time consuming and a pain to drag guides in and make sure that they are Perfect.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep Artboard Names Visible

An option to show the artboard names in any mode could be very handy - especially for larger files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Previous/Next Artboard hotkeys should be able to keep zoom

Right now Ai also does 'Fit Artboard in Window' when any of artboard navigation hotkeys are used. I’d like also be able to keep zoom level when navigating artboards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Y direction POSITIVE numbers above the Y "zero" point like in the rest of world.

Align Illustrator with the rest of the world by making the default Y direction positive numbers above the Y "zero" point - in my case zero is set to the very center of the Artboard.

And also make this a preference item across CC apps. I still don't see how it's an advantage in InDesign and Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to duplicate artboards with Cmd+D

It would be nice if once you alt+drag an artboard in order to make a copy, you can keep duplicating the artboard with the same displacement, just pressing Cmd+D.

As it happens when you do it with a form or an image.

Thanks!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Import artboards into InDesign from Illustrator and vice versa.

Requestiog a function for importing artboards from InDesign to Illustrator and vice versa into Master Boards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base