When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep guides and elements in new document profile

I know we can create new document profiles with custom size and custom swatches and use the profiles to quickly create new new custom documents with repeating specs.

However either I am doing something wrong or I've missed something, but the guides don't get saved along the artboard size and swatches. Surely keeping the guides should be possible within the same technology? Would love to see this improvement.

I have searched everywhere for a solution to always having to open an illustrator template file as a workaround.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export .BMP on various artboards.

When will it be possible to export more than one image of the same artwork on different artboards in the .bmp?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set artboard rearrange for document so when artboards are duplicated they automatically go to the next line versus getting the error.

Set artboard rearrange for document so when artboards are duplicated they automatically go to the next line versus getting the error "Cannot create Artboard outside of the canvas. Please rearrange and try again. How about that feature automatically rearranges the next artboard to follow your preferences (direct down for example).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Artboard Dimension Limitation

One of the biggest complaints we hear from our franchisees is the artboard limitation of 227.541". Why is that the limit? Corel doesn't have a limit. Why Adobe? and why such an obscure number? I realize there is a PDF limitation of 200" so that is another issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Why Print presets in points not mm?

Hello,

Every time i do new document from preset, i am thinking why is it in points not mm or inch. It is PRINT, not screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove the default 72 PPI resolution

There is NO device on Earth (except in museums) that have 72 PPI screen.
    However, EVERY new screen-intended document created today in Illustrator and Photoshop STILL made with only 72 PPI by default.

With this laughable resolution, all raster effects are rendered, looking just bad on any screen.

Since 72 PPI is the actual World Standard, it confuses many Adobe users and it has to be changed for good.

Today's computer screens have at the very least 120 PPI, but the phones for which many projects are created have a way higher pixel density of 450 PPI and more. The…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. artboards order

I usually work with a lot of artboards around 100 per file.
    I would like the possibility to enter the number of the position of the artboard!

The problem consist when I have a lot or artboards and I create a new one it is the last in artboard panel. Then I need to drag it up to the preferred order position. If it needs to be in the third place I need a lot of scrolling up!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. the ability to search with in the symbols palette

we can search with in the swatch palette, can that be carried over to the symbols palettes?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow large format canvas for outdoors/billboards design without scaling

Using Illustrator (or InDesign, for that matter) to make outdoors/large printing projects is a huge pain - many times the production team (which is usually NOT the same team that designed the thing) doesn't read properly the instructions, and then errors happen.

Also, other older software packages don't suffer from that kind of artwork / artboard size limitations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trim View (CC 2019) should also hide visible "Hidden Characters"

If we turn on "Show Hidden Characters" while working with text, the display option "Trim View" should automatically turn it off while active.
    As I see it, this view should emulate the final output, as is in InDesign. Therefore, hiding these characters is essential to previewing the final result appropriately.
    For the same reason, it would be very useful to have an option to toggle Overprint Preview on automatically while Trim View is active.

And please, please let it have a single letter shortcut (as it is today, it requires a Function or Ctrl key).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When working on multiple artboards it would be very helpful if the artboard I'm working on was highlighted in the artboard panel.

When working on multiple artboards it would be very helpful if the artboard I'm working on was highlighted in the artboard panel. I find myself clicking through multiple boards on the panel because I can't remember which board I was on. It's not uncommon for me to have 50 boards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. din A format

The New Document Dialog has very poor (print) presets with only 7 (!) options to choose from. Please add all DIN-A sized formats starting from A7 or A8 all the way up to A0. It would be great to also include some of the most common B (posters) and C (envelopes and such) sizes as well as common American sizes. They can be categorized neatly with DIN-A, B, C and American sizes. That would be really helpful when creating new documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Fonts dont sync properly with Typekits fonts purchased.

My synced fonts don't show up in Illustrator. These are fonts that have been syncs for months. Restarting Illustrator does nothing. Unsyncing and resyncing fonts on Typekit does nothing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 【要望】ファイルを開いたときにサブレイヤーを展開しないようにしてもらいたいです。Please not expand sublayer each time I open file.

レイヤーをスッキリ見せるためにサブレイヤーを使用しています。
    しかし、ファイルを開くたびにサブレイヤーが展開され、逆にごちゃごちゃ見えてしまいます。
    展開しないよう、改善してもらえたら嬉しいです。

I am using a sublayer to make the layer look simple&clean.
    However, every time I open a file, the sublayer expands and conversely looks messy.
    I would be happy if you could improve it so as not to expand it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How about being able to hide everything outside artboards? Just a revolutionary little idea...

InDesign has had this revolutionary technology since forever. They must keep it hidden in a vault somewhere, but can you please ask them for it.

I actually think it could be the next big thing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Align to artboard

In older versions I always had the option to set "align to artboard" and it didn't reset after deselecting objects. I want it ba and I want to be able to do that with a single object again, without having to select at least 2 to set that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Art board spacing only feature

I often have my art boards grouped very specifically and they do not have an even number of art boards in each row. When I need to rearrange the space between all my art boards that becomes a huge hassle. I'm forced to choose a column number, which alters my arrangement of columns/rows. The ability to turn off the "column" preference and only alter the artboard "spacing" would be very helpful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color settings dialogue box

Please add a "do not show again" option to the "Your current color settings discard CMYK profiles..." dialogue box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A0-A8 Templates

Can you please create and offer native print templates for A0-A8?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base