1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

316 results found

1. Adding multiple artboards at once

Why can't we add several artboard instead of manually adding one by one ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment, the most accessible way to create multiple artboards is to draw multiple rectangles with required dimensions and positions, followed by the Convert To Artboards command.

There are multiple ways to create several rectangles fast: Transform Again command, an expanded blend, Split into Grid command.

2. preference option to set "Save as" default to a certain file type

when you go to save a file, illustrator defaults to the same file that was previously opened. 9 times out of 10 after i open an eps, svg, pdf, etc... i'll make changes and go to "save as" but want to save it as an illustrator file. i'd love to be able to just open the dialogue box and have it default to a file type i can select via a preference option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move(select) multiple artboards with just a mouse

I just need to be able to select and move multiple artboards.
    Thats so simple. Currently, I can select only 1, but I have 100 of them already and I want move some groups in my document, to easy re-arrange them. But I have to move one by one. AWKWARD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

5. Preview artboard on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Master Illustrator File Placed in Multiple Illustrator Files OR Export Selected Layers Palette

In my line of work, we often time work in one single Illustrator file that has one basemap then multiple layers with each showing a specific thing separate from the other layers. However this gets tedious when exporting files where you have to select the layers you want, export as it's own name, deselect those layers and select the next batch of layers, export those under their own name, deselect those layers etc.

What would be great is if Illustrator had the ability to have something like a Master Layer that can bring in a basemap Illustrator file to have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could you please add similar artboard settings or features like Photoshop?

I generally use Adobe illustrator for App design and find it annoying on how illustrator artboards are too close together. Could you guys add the artboard settings from Photoshop into to illustrator? I just like the spacing and the naming system defined by Photoshop. It allows for a nicer looking work space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add trim marks back to artboards like in previous versions

Add trim marks back to artboards like in previous versions. As a print shop we use these everyday to quickly and accurately resize artboards so center crop marks and registration marks are not too close to the art when we print films. Not sure why this was even removed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A0-A8 Templates

Can you please create and offer native print templates for A0-A8?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Frames into Illustrator

In InDesign it's possible to add frames for text and imagery, and although Illustrator isn't necessarily the layout application - it would be great to get this feature on it too.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Navigator and Artboard bug

Navigator doesn't move around and there are two "23" in Artboards. The number artboard 22 doesn't even appear

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.
    2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change the layer an object is located on

If you have a large artboard with multiple objects and layers it is really time consuming to organize your layers when all you can do is drag and drop. I think it would be useful if you could right click on an object and "move to layer" like you can in muse.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a way – let us know if this works for you.
    - Select the object(s).
    - Highlight the layer you want the selection to go to.
    - Object menu or right-click > Arrange > Send to Current Layer

14. A search fearture for text on artboard/canvas

I know illustrator has good navigation features. But when designer provide project files to client for example on envato market. First pain for client is to understand document patterns. I want to make help instruction inside illustrator document but search feature is required to navigate to different sections.

For example: 1000+ icon set, search is required for such big documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to see full name past artboard extent / Don't truncate artboards' captions

The artboard name is restricted to the size of the artboard, which truncates the name and makes it illegible. Better logic would be to only shorten the name if it collides with another artboard name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. auto arrange artboards on new

First, the workspace is Too **** small at this point, especially when working in pixels. And someone out there assumes 72dpi still. Stop it!

I'm creating 4K artboards to explore some ideas. I create 2 of them. And it won't let me create a 3rd without rearranging. Who's idea was That!?!?

The first thing you should do is just move the stinkin' workspace. What's with all the room on the left? Look, if you only work left to right, why are you always trying to center the artboards in the workspace? You'll never use the space above or to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Warm Regards,

17. adapt default imperial/metric units to geolocation, or remember previous settings

This relates to the procedure of creating a new document, so that there shouldn't be a need for changing system every time, to comprehend the dimensions of a document in usual units.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 100 artboards

Over 100 Artboards please. This has been talked about for 3 years now to no avail.

I'm creating UI and it requires more that 100 pages. Why are we being constrained?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Warm Regards,

19. The process of making icons design is made easier in Adobe Illustrator CC.

When an illustrator or designer designs a collection of pictograms or icons designs they must arrange artboards in large quantities for different icons design according to the needs of the web, apps, and other products. Adobe Illustrator CC must provide special needs for artboard settings to facilitate the process of designing a collection of pictograms or icons design with large numbers to suit many needs such as for web, apps, games, favicons, etc. Facilitate the work process becomes lighter and faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When in pixel perfect mode (making PNG's), it would be nice if print reflected this.

By now the prints are in vektor and do not reflect the works...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base