Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Copy&Pastle "Color Groups" in "Recolor artwork" to another document

In one document I have create created some Color Groups for recolor my artwork. Now I want to copy them into another document.

It's not possible to do currently. But it's so simple to implement!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Previous Zoom

A "Previous Zoom" or "Previous View" command which would change the zoom/magnification to the most recent zoom state. Also the option to center on selection or artboard. This will allow users to toggle between magnification of say 400% and 3200% or 5% and 1200% if they're regularly checking for details and positioning within a larger document which I do constantly in a prepress environment.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Scale adjustment when creating New Document

Many times as a designer you have to create artwork that is a fraction of the final scale. It would be nice if you could enter the final size in inches or feet, and then hit a dropdown that would have different fractions of scale (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc.) and then illustrator could compute the appropriate numbers. It could also scale down the bleed area as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+PgUp with single artboard doesn't work as it does with multiple artboards

When working with multiple artboards (I use them for exporting tiffs from larger design) using Ctrl+Shift+PgUp is quite handy to quickly navigate to first, master artboard AND set zoom to 'Fit artboard to window' with one hotkey.
    But when you have only one artboard, pressing Ctrl+Shift+PgUp (expecting it to fit artboard in window) does nothing.

I think it should work consistently.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Previous/Next Artboard hotkeys should be able to keep zoom

Right now Ai also does 'Fit Artboard in Window' when any of artboard navigation hotkeys are used. I’d like also be able to keep zoom level when navigating artboards.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Duplicate File

Like in Photoshop, I'd like an option in Illustrator to duplicate the entire file, opening the duplicate in a new tab.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create artboards to CENTER of stroke pleasssseee!

If i create a box with a fill and stroke, use (Shift+O) for Artboard tool, I double click my box and a new artboard is created.
    When I double-click my shape with the Artboard tool, it creates an artboard around the stroke width and not the actual bounding box or CENTER of the stroke.
    I believe illustrator used to preform this operation correctly in the past.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More blank document presets.

Please make A2, A1 and A0 into blank document presets.

Thanks,
    L

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatially push guides to a single layer

It'd be great to have an optional feature that pushes every newly created guide to a dedicated guide layer. I think many people work with an eytra layer for guides on top of their layer stack to toggle visibility and lock, and manually collecting all guides gets tedious.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Intuitive access to Custom Templates and show the correct name

Hi - I use custom templates more than a 1,000 times a year. Every Illustrator template is easily located in the New Document window. Logically, you should be able to access Custom Templates there ... without drilling through More Settings - a nearly buried link - and then the Templates button - also seemingly an afterthought.

Also, in the Recent Items window, my custom templates don't include the template name; they just say [Custom] and the file dimensions. This isn't helpful if you have multiple custom templates.

I hope these features are addressed in a future update. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deleting Artboard

Can you add back the little cross/close button (we used to have in CC2017) to the artboard so that I can delete the artboards without visiting the artboard pannal?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. pin document to start screen

Have the ability to pin a document to the home screen

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move(select) multiple artboards with just a mouse

I just need to be able to select and move multiple artboards.
    Thats so simple. Currently, I can select only 1, but I have 100 of them already and I want move some groups in my document, to easy re-arrange them. But I have to move one by one. AWKWARD.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

14. New artboard adjustable spacing

When the New Artboard button in Control panel is clicked, an artboard is created next to the current one. The spacing between these is not tweakable.

I work in metric units, on 10×10 millimeters grid. The space between artboards’ edges is 7.056mm. Yeah, I know, it’s 20 points, sure, but why should I care about points when units are millimeters? Why can’t I use a value that makes sense to me?

Furthermore, it is dangerously close to 7 and looks like an integer until you check it.

Please, allow to set a spacing manually in Artboard Options or elsewhere —…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Margins when creating a new document in AI and Photoshop

It would save time and be MUCH easier if you could just type in the Margin you want just like you do a bleed when creating a new document just like InDesign. Its time consuming and a pain to drag guides in and make sure that they are Perfect.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Button to remove all groups and individual graphics located outside Artboard

While working in a file with many Artboards and while exporting each artboard to a separate EPS, AI carries over all graphics from the original file even if the graphics from each EPS file is resumed to it's artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improved Artboard management

For a long time I have been creating presentations in Adobe InDesign, however I have recently moved to creating presentations in Illustrator because of the greater flexibility with page layout.

In Illustrator you’re able to create a presentation for example 5x5 1920x1080, zoom out and see all the artboards. This is really good to zoom out and see everything at a glance.

The issues comes when you want to add and manage artboards. If I select the second artboard and add an artboard, it places it at the end of the presentation or the current row, in order to set…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Artboards window: Add search bar. Also, be able to rearrange the actual artboards alphabetically in the document.

It would be very helpful to alphabetically sort the actual artboard in the document as well as in the artboard window. Search bar would also help with organizing large quantities of artboards.

Asset Export: Add the ability to select portions of an artboard and have it automatically retain the artboard name when pulled into asset export instead of a generic "Asset xxx" name.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Zoom in, out and pan when in dialog window

No matter what dialog window we are currently in, we should be able to zoom in and out and pan the artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set grid as percentage

Set grid as percentage so the X and Y can have the same number of divisions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base