When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shortcut keys for alignment

Please make clipping mask like Corel Draw's Powerclip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crop Image tool

With the Crop image tool, it would be nice if the initial crop bounds were to the exact size of the selected image. Right now when you select an image to crop, it creates a random selection, that requires more work than if the crop selected the outer bounds of the image instead of a small selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow drag and drop of cropped images like InDesign does

It will be great time saving if i can quickly replace an image just by dragging and dropping an image into a frame of a cropped image like i can do in InDesign. I too slow to have to look for the new link of the image open finder search thumbnails, etc. Could that be possible?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Feature to remove white background seamlessly

I think this should be a basic option, to remove white bg seamlessly. or any colored background. There are lot of basic apps that does that, why a sophisticated software like this doesnt have that option?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It would be helpful if you made allowable suggestions, such as, " paint in clipping paths not allowed, convert to paint group now."<

If you're not going to make your paint feature natural or useful, then you could provide allowable suggestions. Suggestions such as, " Paint in clipping paths not allowed, convert to paint group now," then you would click yes or no to convert. Instead, you have created an information loop Where your customers have a problem, you acknowledge the problem, and send your customers on their way to find their own solutions to solve that problem. A problem you have created in the first place. This would be a very helpful feature for you to add.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow snapping to objects that are masked out and also make opacity mask objects visible in outline mode

For example, if you draw a large box and place it completely inside a small box so that all four corners of the larger box are masked out, then try to drag a guide it will only snap to the smaller clipping mask, the guides wont snap to the larger box unless you hide or release the clipping mask. Also, as an additional feature I think it would be of benefit if when inside the opacity mask, when you go to outline mode you could then see the objects within the mask.
    Supporting videos below
    https://youtu.be/mdtJwudauVY
    https://youtu.be/Z9qIvFQ9RBQ

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow us to apply strokes to clip groups

Currently you cannot apply strokes to clip groups -- including using the "draw inside" function (see example 1). I would like to be able to apply strokes to clip groups. This might not seem like a big deal, but they also don't work when you apply a stroke to the entire layer appearance (see example two). This means I need to take multiple extra steps to outline something, which is very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Define a default placement option

Make it possible to define other placement options in preferences. So you can, for example, make complete documents with "File dimensions" as a preference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pathfinder and clipped objects/draw inside

Right now, when trying to combine via Pathfinder, an object with a draw inside function/clipping mask, with another object - it basically release the clipping masks and combines everything.

When trying to make an outline for characters with a lot of details, it becomes very frustrating.

Attached is a simple example

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base