1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

45 results found

1. Center Pattern Command & Center both axis to align palette

Draw a vector shape and fill with a pattern, notice this is not centered. To do this is a long meticulous process prone to error.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2390290.

Can we get an option in the align palette to do this. Would also be nice to add an icon that centers both axis instead of having to click twice for horizontal and vertical.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alignment tools can use reference/center point of an object instead of edges

Following this discussion on Stack:

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/106798/grid-distribution-of-objects-based-on-their-center

I think it would be great if objects in illustrator were treated as such - with edges, but also with a center point.

Aligning/rotating solely based on edges is extremely limited.

If an "Object point of reference" option was added, selecting several objects and rotating them all could result in them rotating around their center rather than the center of the group of objects.

Same with aligning and distribution... this is a feature that often blocks me and seems long overdue, I'm not sure why it's not more obvious for other users!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Aligning to a certain object

The Align tools in all Adobe programs is a wonderful feature. However, in Illustrator when you Align objects it changes the position of ALL of them. In other programs, it tends to be the last object you select takes the dominant position - aligning all others to it. In Illustrator it doesn't seem to matter the order you select, it just aligns it to the nearest center point (thus moving ALL the objects). The Lock feature doesn't help as you cannot select a locked object to align with/to.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 9-point magnetic object-to-grid (or-grid to-object) without smart guides

Could you consider a feature used in Esko Graphics (Artpro) for the placement of objects (9-point grid) to a crosshair or placing a crosshair to an object. This would expand current align and artboard functions into one clean and user friendly feature. Would also improve functions such as Mirror, Scale, Paste in place, copying to correct location across various files even if rulers are not set the same. For more details see: http://docs.esko.com/docs/en-us/artpro
    I can expand on this for you on request. Might answer a lot of similar requests into one new feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Align to artboard

In older versions I always had the option to set "align to artboard" and it didn't reset after deselecting objects. I want it back and I want to be able to do that with a single object again, without having to select at least 2 to set that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base