When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adjust handle colors on the fly

Adobe doesn't take colorblindness into account when coloring the handles in Illustrator. I'm not talking about layer colors -- I don't care one whit about layer colors. I'm talking about the associated colors of the handles for the layer, which is the same color as the layer. You can keep layers colors multivariant if you wish, but when working within a document, I simply cannot see the handles when the layer color is against a color in the document that I cannot distinguish between. I've tried resizing the handles, but that does not always make a difference. My only workaround…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making all functions recordable

Corel has had this feature for ever. Need to increase productivity by recording actions and applying quick keys to it. But we need to record extensions, and scripts that we run.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back separators in toolboxes we can place where needed

Ai used to have separators in tool panel, dropped somewhere after 2012, with a major UI redesign.
    Now we can customize our tools panels, but we can’t place separators between groups we make.
    Please, give them to use.

Also look at related request about docked tool panels row stacking:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/41861254-allow-docked-tool-panels-to-stack-one-under-anothe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add thumbnail file previews to windows

Please add thumbnail file previews to Windows as we have with Adobe Reader. It's not fair that Mac users have this and Windows users don't While you're doing that please add them to PSD files as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. rotate canvas in Illustrator

It would be great in the next version on Illustrator if they included a rotate canvas function like in Photoshop. I use that function so much when I need the right angle to do my work.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guide Labels

I would love the ability to label my guides. In fact maybe a hole overhaul to the guide system. In After Effects and Premiere you can add Composition Markers, give them comments and adjust their perimeters. It would be great if you could do that for guides.

On the rulers will show a marker. Double clicking the marker will bring up the Guide Controls. or when you select 'New Guide' from the drop down menu, Guide Controls takes place of the window that currently gets displayed.

I would love this across all programs: Photoshop, After Effects, and the like, not…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guide Labels

I would love the ability to label my guides. In fact maybe a hole overhaul to the guide system. In After Effects and Premiere you can add Composition Markers, give them comments and adjust their perimeters. It would be great if you could do that for guides.

On the rulers will show a marker. Double clicking the marker will bring up the Guide Controls. or when you select 'New Guide' from the drop down menu, Guide Controls takes place of the window that currently gets displayed.

I would love this across all programs: Photoshop, After Effects, and the like, not…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search bar in the Find Font panel

Like the one we have in InDesign. So that I don't have to scroll through the font list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please make the units setting bound to the files, or at least change with workspaces!

Adding to this idea:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/32403850-make-units-and-grid-settings-to-be-bound-to-file#comments

I work with both printed and digital formats, on top of that much of my work is multilingual, involving English, Japanese, Portuguese and other languages (at least we don't deal with LTR type... for the time!).

As such, I'm constantly changing units from mm to pixels and points, type from points to mm to Q, it's a mess! And I do that several times a day.

I guess the easier path would be to bind the units settings to the workspaces, as binding to the files would require changing the .ai format. But what do…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow docked tool panels to stack one under another

For now a docked tool panel takes the whole column, not matter how short it is. It forces us to clump all custom tools in one panel. Normal panels can stack any way possible.
    Please, give us the possibility to dock tool panels in rows too.

Also look related request about separators in tool panels:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/41861230-bring-back-separators-in-toolboxes-we-can-place-wh

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enter the transform panel with a keyboard shortcut

I often have to change the width or height of objects to round them from 1/10,000" to 1/1,000" accuracy, and it requires that I click in the transform panel every time. If there was a way to enter the transform panel, or the control entries at the top, even if it required tabbing to get to the desired entry it would be better than a mouse click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add the following tools to a WINDOWS OS radial repeat, grid repeat, and mirror repeat

Please add the following tools to a WINDOWS OS radial repeat, grid repeat, and mirror repeat like you did for the IOS . Not everyone uses an IPad!!! The user interface is not as user friendly as you are making the Ipad interface and we want the time saving tools too!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reflect in Transform window

In the Transform window (Window > Transform), you can resize, rotate, move, shear, but not reflect. How come ? Why not systematically give the user the choice between window commands and menu commands? After all these years?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Opacity control via incremental change

need the option to be able to bind incremental opacity levels to just 2 buttons(+ &- values)Example: pressing J to increase by a value of 1 or keeping it pressed to increased by a value of 1 every 0.2sec; and vice-versa for another key.
    Without needing to be hovering the opacity panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom Layer Colours - new layers always the same colour

Can you create a preference that makes every new layer use the same colour? The first thing I have to do when creating a new layer is to change the colour back to light blue (my preferred colour). I understand why a user might want different colours but I cannot see many of them with my colour vision deficiency. Thank you very much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scrubby Sliders

I am so used to scrubby sliders in Ps, just click on the name of the value and slide to adjust the value. In Illustrator it is still necessary to drop down a slider to adjust the value. This would speed things up and be consistent with your other applications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actions Panel

The Actions Panel in Photoshop is great. Any chance Actions Panels can be added to other programs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select multiple layers at once, no more clicking one at a time.

Select multiple layers at once, no more clicking one at a time. I know that others have already suggested this, as I have, but you've still done absolutely nothing to address this issue. It seems like such a no-brainer, which has me doubting the abilities and intelligence of everyone involved in designing Illustrator. Seriously, this literally wastes hours of my time every year. It is one of the big reasons why I refuse to recommend Illustrator to anyone, even though I'm currently forced to use it. Fix it already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base