When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. History of Colors used

Keep a color palette of the last 5 or 10 colors used to quickly choose color in your work rather than using the color picker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nuance de ton direct

Il serait utile de pouvoir créer une nuance "ton direct" réunissant plusieurs tons direct en pouvant sélectionner le pourcentage de chaque nuance, pour éviter de faire une superposition d'objets en surimpression. Un peu de la même manière qu'avec le nuancier quadri, mais avec des tons directs : le même objet pourra attaquer plusieurs séparations avec une trame différente.
    ex : 877 à 100% + Reflex blue à 5 %

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have 'Select All Unused' in the Swatches panel look inside symbols

Right now when you choose 'Select All Unused', it selects colors that are in use inside of symbols and they will delete if you are not careful.

If the color is not directly placed on the artboard it seems Illustrator can't tell it really is in use.

Deleting the swatches results in 'Deleted Global Color' swatches appearing in your Swatch panels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drag and drop Colour like Procreate

It’s easier to drop it when filling a larger space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Global Gradient Swatches

Please make it possible to make Gradient Swatches global - just like colour swatches.

In this way, a Gradient applied to several objects can be edited to update all objects.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Name a swatch with its colour values

I want to be able to name a swatch with its colour values - just like in InDesign - simply by ticking the checkbox - see the screenshot from InDesign..
    Let's say I have an imported document with a lot of RGB colours. The document needs to be converted to CMYK. After conversion all the colours are now CMYK but still have their names in RGB, I don't want this and I don't want to have to re-name each one by typing all the colour values!!
    Please give us this same option to re-name a colour with its values, with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Easily move large number of swatches into a cc library

Companies offer free downloads of their color libraries, typically over 1000 individual color swatches. Currently, each swatch has to be moved one-by-one into a library. It's extremely time consuming and tedious. I have talked to numerous customer service agents and there is no satisfactory work around.

Create an easy way to transfer numerous color swatches at once into a library (which allows for use of the search bar feature). Using ccda>your work>upload does not work either.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include all free form gradient options and gradient meshes from the desktop version.

Having only point–based free form gradients is far to restrictive. We should at least be able to use free form line gradients and gradient meshes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please keep Preview active in Swatch Options Panel

Annoying to have switchin it on each time we edit a global color.

Please keep the Preview check in the last chosen state.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consistence in editing common values

E.g. when two HSB colors voth have 100% saturation, a selection containing those objects should allow to edit their saturations simultaneously.

But Ai leaves the field empty - as if the values where different.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Advanced Blend Colors Horizontally / Vertically

• make it work with compound paths

• give the user a choice to blend HSB (Blending R and B should give G)
      e.g. creating a rainbow should be possible with blending colors, but it isn't in the current version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. スウォッチオプションでカラーコードを変更できるようにする

今は、スウォッチオプションでカラーコードが入力できないので、RGBで入力しています。
    スウォッチオプションでカラーコードを変更できるようにしてほしいです。それとカラーをダブルクリックすることでカラーピッカーを表示させてほしいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. my color theme isnt working. it just apppears to loading since forever

my color theme isnt working. it just apppears to loading since forever

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Indesigns colour theme tool.

Would love to see this implemented in Illustrator as I, like many others, like to import JPEGS or screen grabbed colour samples to take colours from it manually. It would be awesome to have a colour theme generated from those images that could work within Illustrator and then used across the adobe library. Also this might be something that could also allow you to select an artboard of choice and generate the top 5 colours of that illustration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No ability to add Hex code in Swatch colours

I don't understand why this has not yet been implemented in the 30 years Illustrator is active. What could've taken me 2 minutes to do, took me 10 minutes, and had to go the long way around of opening Colour Options, try to memorise the RGB values, and then go back into Swatch Options, and then add in the values.

Please can you add the Hex Code field in the Swatch Colour options, so that we can just paste the code to get the RGB values? And also let those updated swatches automatically update the gradients that are applied to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Recolour artwork which can recolour a symbol instance

Find myself using the recolour Artwork panel a lot these days - especially when iterating with logo colours. What would be brilliant is if we could click a symbol and recolour just that instance (without it affecting the master symbol) using the Recolour Artwork panel. Having to use the direct selection to select individual shapes tool is pretty tedious. I have found a workaround whereby you can unlink the symbol and then create another one and use the Replace Symbol feature - though this isn't great when you then need to adjust the shape as all instances aren't linked together.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Swatches and eye dropper tool

I would like to see an eye dropper tool and the swatches panel in Illustrator for iPad. The eye dropper tool would be useful for selecting colors in a photo and applying those colors to a shape. The swatches panel would be useful for selecting textures and previous colors that were used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Swatches and eye dropper tool

I would like to see an eye dropper tool and the swatches panel in Illustrator for iPad. The eye dropper tool would be useful for selecting colors in a photo and applying those colors to a shape. The swatches panel would be useful for selecting textures and previous colors that were used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow repeat patterns to be added to swatches

In the desktop version of AI you were able to create patterns and then add them to the swatches panel to access in any other file. This would be a good feature for the app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base