When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

239 results found

1. Ability to use CC Library colors directly within Recolor Artwork dialog (without having to create swatches first).

When recoloring a large batch of individual vector files, it's cumbersome to have to add swatches from CC Library for every single file in order to use those swatches in the recolor artwork dialog. It would be great to use the colors stored in CC Library directly in the recolor artwork dialog.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow to zoom pattern swatches on right click hold, like we can do in Graphics Styles

Patterns can we very detailed, and we can have some pattern variants that don’t differ much from each other. Even when we choose to have Large Thumbnail View in Swatches, it doesn’t really help much to distinguish these.

It’d be useful if we could do the same thing as Graphic Styles panel does — to click and hold a right mouse button to view a giant thumbnail of the clicked pattern.

The only difference would be that styles are displayed applied to the selected objects, while there is no such need for patterns — a simple square thumbnail will do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A way to lock colors to prevent them from changing in Recolor dialog

When recoloring art, it would be AWESOME to have a lock function next to the swatches. There is already a way to lock a swatch that you don't want to recolor, but it'd be nice if, as you cycle through the swatch/recolor options, you could lock or "freeze" ones you like and continue to recolor the unlocked swatches.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Let the Recolor / Generative Recolor work in the Swatches Palette

Please let those tools works on Groups of Swatches too.
    This comes in handy to make sets of colours with e.g. the same Hue, but a different Saturation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Swatches panel easier cleanup/delete and Recolor Artwork tool

• Have delete options for swatch library in drop down or drag/drop to trash.

• Enable delete option in user defined menu to clean up old/saved swatches no longer needed and organize alphabetically or enable us to drag/drop folder within panels for easier regrouping.

• Also allow swatches folders to drag/drop to other open windows/working open files.

• Allow us to customize our main Swatch panel without having to delete the AI standard swatches every time (but not delete them either just customize or minimize/hide the preset colors).

• Recolor tool: enable a way to select a recolor option (or tag multiple options during scrolling)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make Pantone color swatches available

Sort out the stupidity of not having all the Pantone swatches available, to use as it used to be. I don't know what you guys are playing at with Pantone but their color books are industry standard in design and print. More importantly and they are NEEDED in order to work consistently. You need to bring them back what you currently have is next to useless. I am having to make new swatches and cross reference them with Pantone connect and save them, it's stupid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow to set Shades, similar to how Tints work now

I'd like to see a Shade option added to global swatches. Currently, we have tint, which adds varying levels of white to the color until you reach 100% white. Shade would act in the opposite direction, adding varying levels of black until you reached 100% black.

I would envision this working by letting users click the "T" next to the slider in the color palette and having it switch to an "S", with the gradient changing from white on the left to black.

This would be helpful because I often find myself needing not only lighter hues to work with…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save Default Swatches from Swatches Palette

This is a struggle ever since. In the latest release, when creating an RGB document, I get tons of CMYK Swatches in the swatches palette. Why?

Please make it easy to save Default Swatches for each color mode, preferably from within the Swatches Palette.

Please don't suggest saving a Template, since that does not work due to privilege settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Notes" text field on the "Swatch Options" dialogue

It would be a huge help to have a "notes" text field on the "Swatch Options" dialogue so we could include notes and other meta data about a given swatch to convey to other designers or collaborators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Select Artwork by Swatch

This is how it should work:

Select a Swatch in the Swatches palette, choose from the menu: ':Select all object that use this swatch' (as Fill / Stroke).

Comes in very handy to select items via the Swatches palette in complex cartoon style drawings. It is also a way to - kind of - create long awaited multi layer groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Find/Replace Color feature from InDesign

I would love to use the Find/Replace feature for color just as it is now used in InDesign. Changing a color that isn't global is tedious when you have many fills, strokes, patterns and gradients using the same swatch. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Separate the Icons for stroke and fill.

Why does the adobe illustrator swatch palette overlap the stroke and fill? Why would they not separate this so we dont have to pick so carefully to access the color we want? What is the point of this? Is there some option to change the appearance of the swatch palette? I find this cumbersome and unnecessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Color differents problem

I have a problem with big color's preference difference between my AI monitor and real color on my and other machines. It's also concerning all the colors.
    I choose the red color and I get the brick color otherwise. Really in image and PDF file, I see the red color indeed.
    It's very serious problem for me, because I cann't know what the color I use to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to create a finished vector repeat tile from Pattern Editing Mode.

Currently, the only way for a designer to get a final tile from a repeat pattern created in pattern mode is a clunky workaround involving dragging the fill swatch art from the swatches panel to the artboard and then working with the bounding shape to create a cropped, repeatable tile for export. We need a button to click inside pattern mode that creates a tile from the artwork inside pattern mode that is perfectly cropped (could be a clipping mask) but will retain all the live content that typically gets expanded when you exit pattern mode. This option should allow…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why can't I save Swatches in L*a*b* format except as Spot Color?

Why can't I save Swatches in Lab* format except as Spot colors?
    This is unique to Adobe Illustrator, unfortunately, and such a thorn in the side of a device-independent color management workflow. Please resolve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Eye dropper tool not functioning on IPad 3.0.2

Eye dropper tool is not working on iPad 3.0.2 (the latest version.)
    Selecting a colour on an art board or photo with the eyedropper does not produce a matching colour, it only removes the existing colour of an object. Please could you let me know if this is a bug, or how to workaround this issue?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give Pattern swatch an indicator icon in the Swatches panel

An often made mistake is that users drag a rectangle, filled with a color to the swatches panel, thinking that they added a new color swatch. In reality they created a pattern. Looking at the Swatches panel it is sometimes difficult to see the difference. In the attached example it is impossible to see which of the two green swatches is a color swatch or a pattern swatch. It would be good to have an indicator for pattern swatches, like spot or global color swatches. This is important when users want to to create a new pattern, fill parts of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Separations Preview should show colour values

The Separations Preview panel doesn't show the colour values of each colour channel at the cursor location. This makes checking the total values of overprinted spot colours or taking colour-value readings from inside gradients impossible. As such, it's only half useful. If it works in InDesign, the expectation is that it works in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please make New Swatch available all the time

Sometimes, I have a complex selection of unpainted paths, and then I need to create a color swatch to apply. But unfortunately 'New Swatch' is greyed out. Why? Why isn't it always available?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. LAB Decimal values

Illustrator only supports integer values for LAB. It'd be amazing if there will be support for decimal values for LAB swatches.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base