When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Layer Themes

It would be a fantastic feature to be able to save different 'layer themes' and be able to toggle between them. A layer theme would control which layers are visible and not visible.

EG: You have a file set up with 20 layers. Theme A has layers 1, 2, 5, 19, 20 visible. Toggle to Theme B it has layers 1, 3, 9, 15, 18 visible. The user can create a new theme from whatever the status of the layer panel is, then can quickly toggle between these different layer visibility settings. The layer themes can have custom names set…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ouvrir plusieurs documents à la fois

Je me demande est ce qu’il serait possible de faire en sorte d’ouvrir plusieurs documents, au moins deux pour copier coller des objectes, calques, de l’un vers l’autre, sans avoir à passer par la galerie.

Importation spéciale ? Aperçu ? Picture in picture ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard creation like in photoshop

Pretty much artboards like in photoshop but for illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add layers per artboard possibility (vs. current global layers)

When working with multiple board designs and multiple layers things get complicated. I would love to have an option to choose 'Single Artboard layers' and be able to work not with global but local/artboard layers just within a single selected artboard.
    Alternatively, there could be 'global layers' (like global swatches) if one choses to use them.
    This would greatly facilitate and enhance working in multiple artboard - multiple layers documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The ability to rotate the entire workspace

Quite often I'm designing something that will be printed and folded, requiring parts of the artwork to be oriented upside down.

Have you ever tried to edit text or graphics while they're upside down? It's nearly impossible.

Please add a feature to illustrator that allows us to rotate the entire workspace, including all of the artboards and layers as one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rulers and Guidelines

It would be nice to see the same rulers and guides as in the desktop version in order to design with bleed in mind.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cloud Dokument lässt sich nicht öffnen

Ich habe gestern meine Datei zum ersten mal unter Cloud von Adobe gespeichert und nicht auf meinen PC und jetzt kann ich die Datei weder öffnen noch Herunterladen. Wenn ich es versuch zu öffnen steht entweder nichts dabei oder fehler beim öffnen und irgendwas ganz kleines was ich nicht lesen kann. Beim Herunterladen der Datei steht dran Fehler beim Herunterladen. Ich bedanke mich bei jeder Hilfe im Vorraus.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Moritz Wenk

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search and replace layers / artboards

Add a function to batchrename artboards and layer with suffix & prefix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. extend canvas dimension limit please.

Can't work with bigger posters. Coreldraw handles it like a champ and illustrator makes me look bad on that field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase Canvas Size in Existing Document

Now that we have the ability to have a larger canvas which is great I'm running into the issue of not being able to adjust the canvas size of an already created document.

A couple of scenarios.
    1. I have an old scaled document that I'm working on in 1/10 scale but now that I have to make changes to the design would like to adjust up to 100% so that is easier to communicate sizes when sending out.

1. I start a document that falls within the smaller canvas size but then when I add more artboards or need to…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to temporarily flip canvas horizontally (mirror view) for design checking

For illustrative purposes, it would be really handy to be able to temporarily flip the canvas horizontally as if in a mirrored reflection.

You would instantly see slight imperfections in a design in this new angle that was not previously noticeable due to one's specific viewpoint.

A lot of graphic programs do this to allow scrutiny from an alternate angle. InDesign and Photoshop do this already of course.

Thank you!

Michael

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow for art board to be transparent.

I'm working on a logo and I need the art board to disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Margins when creating a new document in AI and Photoshop

It would save time and be MUCH easier if you could just type in the Margin you want just like you do a bleed when creating a new document just like InDesign. Its time consuming and a pain to drag guides in and make sure that they are Perfect.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep Artboard Names Visible

An option to show the artboard names in any mode could be very handy - especially for larger files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Organizational library

The transfer of files between iPad and desktop are inconsistent. As a designer I have been transitioning to using my iPad for Illustrator. Files (.ai) on Apple desktop are not showing up on iPad Pro. Using other platforms for organization can manipulate the image and delays production.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customizable Rulers

Be able to define a custom ruler, i.e. 1 in = 100 ft. All drawing would be performed using the alternate dimensions. In the case of the example, an 8.5 x 11 inch artboard would be 850 ft x 1100 ft, so when you draw a 300 ft x 300 ft square it would print out 3 in x 3 in. This is especially helpful when drawing floor plans.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automatically Export artboards as placed 300dpi jpgs

When I am done with my vector work and am ready to go to print I have to export each artboard and then import each jpg and place into the artboards and adjust to fit.

I propose you develop a setting where we can choose to rasterize and replace the vector work perfectly in the artboard with a 300dpi CMYK jpg (or settings to achieve a variety of options).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artboard auto-naming preferences, one-click artboard with size dialog

I often have to make documents with many artboards for various ad and social image sizes. Currently, one has to make these artboards, then hand-name them.

I'd love a preference that would set new artboard names automatically to their widthxheight. This way, when exporting files one could use the prefix to export everything easily and skipping a lot of manual work. It could work a bit like the batch file export dialog, allowing you to "build" newly created artboard names based on filename, size, etc.

Also, if I click with the new artboard tool it would be great if it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Button to remove all groups and individual graphics located outside Artboard

While working in a file with many Artboards and while exporting each artboard to a separate EPS, AI carries over all graphics from the original file even if the graphics from each EPS file is resumed to it's artboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base