1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. Variable width stroke

Please make the stroke took have a more variable width and definition ability with it’s width, points, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

491 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There seem to be different ways people tackle the problem for color exploration. We want your opinion on the following two approaches -

1. Selected Swatches to show up in a panel view (like swatches). 

2. Selected Swatches to show up as rectangular objects on the canvas (in a separate layer). Users can use eyedropper to pick up colors (ability to pick Fill, Stroke, Appearance in such cases).

Users can select size, spacing etc between the color palettes in both these approaches.

3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. NEW PERSPECTIVE TOOL

Make perspective tool with curves like cylinder so that designers can easily drag drop their design to bend them easily . Sorry if Iam wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sabarirajan, please elaborate on this.

Can you draw a mockup? Even a crude one can help to understand the exact idea you have.

Recent versions of Illustrator have new 3D and Materials tools, which allow to create bent cylinders and other shapes. Please comment back.

6. Support for "9-slice scaling" in SVG

SVG export breaks "9-slice scaling". This is understandable, since SVG has no such concept built-in.

But SVG can do something like this. Or "4-slice scaling". See, for example:

https://w3.eleqtriq.com/2014/03/the-holy-grail-of-image-scaling/

I would like to see Illustrator's SVG export offer this feature, given that Illustrator does.

At the very least, if implementation wont happen, or is delayed, please mention that 9-slice scaling is not working in SVG export in the docs and (for bonus points) as a warning in the export dialog box (in cases where the document uses this feature).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Vector Halftones Effect (within AI and without third-party plugins)

I would like AI to integrate a feature that can convert raster images and/or vector elements (gradients, sketches, shapes, anything..) into a perfectly shaped round dots Halftones Effect.

As a matter of fact, it is already possibile to get something similar by applying the raster halftones Effect to the element and then Live Tracing it. But the result is something uneven made of irregular circles or shape. So it is not a precise function to take into consideration.

The effect should be achieved without any third-party plugins or anything which is not already included in the full AI software release…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Network drives support

I can't believe what I read on this Adobe support page (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-support-networks-removable-media.html) about using Illustrator files only on your LOCAL drive.
    How is it possible Adobe drove it's software into this nightmare?
    If we really can't acces and save our files on a local network drive then I am really done with it...

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please provide some information in order to reproduce the issue on our end. Please provide the below information –
    The version of Illustrator you are using ?
    Hardware details?
    Your operating system?
    Is this happening even with a small file?
    Can you please share the file with which this is happening every time you save on server?

This will help us to investigate into the issue.

9. Keyboard shortcut to fit artboard to selection

Currently you must have content selected to fit it to art board in focus. This workflow adds extra interaction cost by having to remember to first select before hitting the drop-down menu to fit it. Selecting the content and art board and striking a key command would make this a lot more efficient.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator has two commands to fit artboards.

One of them, 'Fit to Selected Art', requires a selection — obviously.

The other one, 'Fit to Artwork Bounds' — does not, but works for the entire artwork.

You can insert the one that you need in an action, using the 'Insert menu item...' command from the Actions panel’s flyout menu, and assign a hotkey to the action.

However, I believe the request is not about a hotkey, but a way to let Illustrator to 'Fit to the contents of artboard' command? Please comment back to make it clear.

10. Make a default workspace for "Illustration."

The software is called "Illustrator." Seems like there should be an "Illustration" workspace.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Asset Export - Filename field is too short

I need the filename field to be longer in the Asset Export panel. There's not enough room for clientnamedepartmentnameclr_logo naming schemes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exporting SVG icons to use for web overrides classnames colours get all messed up

When you have multiple icons exported in SVG to use for web, once its introduced in the code their classnames get overridden and the colours get messed up of all icons.

Our programmers are having to open each icon in text editor Atom/Sublime and change the name of the class names for a different and unique name to avoid overriding between files. It's quite frustrating and time consuming for them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Guillermina,

File > Export > Export As provides an option to create unique class names and IDs to avoid clashes when merging different SVG files into one document. In the SVG options panel select “Unique” under “Object IDs”.

Does this address your issue?

Greetings,
    Dirk

13. Export for Screen Quality of export

Not sure if it has been asked or discussed (spent way to much time searching for it and not finding it) but the "export for screens" exports terrible quality - mostly for jpg.

The quality is jagged and blurry when exporting a large graphic with text that has been outlined. Yet, when I use the legacy export for the same width and size I want, the quality is far superior whilst still having a small footprint in size.

Why is the legacy export, in any format, so much better than the "export for screens" that you have made default?

Often…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export symbols to SVG like as native path/vector

It would be very coherent to have an option to configure a "break link" when exporting symbols to SVG, leaving it as a common vector.
    Currently, exporting symbols to svg creates a <symbol> element, leaving us with no freedom to manipulate every SVG as usual.
    Extra hint: Put the symbol name as ID of the converted object in vector.
    Since in Web projects, we need SVG with all its elements in native shapes/paths.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adson,

Thanks a lot for adding your feature request to Uservoice. Just to confirm, symbols are references by at the moment but you’d rather like to have the actual instance added directly:

Turns to:

Is this correct? What issues do you have with ?

15. 9-point magnetic object-to-grid (or-grid to-object) without smart guides

Could you consider a feature used in Esko Graphics (Artpro) for the placement of objects (9-point grid) to a crosshair or placing a crosshair to an object. This would expand current align and artboard functions into one clean and user friendly feature. Would also improve functions such as Mirror, Scale, Paste in place, copying to correct location across various files even if rulers are not set the same. For more details see: http://docs.esko.com/docs/en-us/artpro
    I can expand on this for you on request. Might answer a lot of similar requests into one new feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to check an option for "convert lines to shapes" when I export different formats

When exporting a file to SVG.... I wish there was a check box where I can specify it converts all lines to shapes on export to SVG... This way I do not have to do the conversion manually... and then revert back when I save ai version...

Often I get messages that distract me and then I forget to revert back and accidentally save the ai version with lines as shapes... then my mast ai version gets messed up...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks a lot for reporting the feature request. When you say shape do you mean you want lines to get converted to SVG elements? Does this apply to the other shapes like, ellipse, circle or rectangles as well?

Greetings,
    Dirk

17. Keep object selected with switching from Shaper Tool to Smooth Tool.

It feels redundant to re-select object (line, shape, etc) when switching to or selecting the smooth tool. This is especially disruptive because you can't select the item when using the smooth tool. It doesn't seem to be consistent for other experiences in the program.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure if I get it.

Are you sure you mean Shaper tool, not Shape Builder tool?

Because Shaper tool does not make a selection of the drawn shapes. Shaper Builder though — does.

How do you switch to the Smooth tool after using the other one?

By default Smooth tool is placed in the same tool slot as the Shaper (not Shape Builder), and once you click-and-hold the tool slot to access hidden Smooth tool — indeed, the selection gets dropped.

Can someone here record a short video of the issue?

18. Brush tool stops working

When drawing a complex shape with the brush tool it just stops working after a certain amount of time. I'm not sure if it is because it has used too many points to make the shape or what, but its very frustrating. FIX YOUR PROGRAM PLEASE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Anthony, if this is still a problem for you, please provide a test file (here in comments or via sharewithai@adobe.com) and some details on this:

– does the behavior, once is happens, affect only one document or others as well?

– does it stay when you save, relaunch the app and reopen the file?

– does deleting some portion of the art fix the problem?

19. Export to resolutions below 72 DPI

Currently export to raster formats seem to have a 72 DPI minimum. For making thumbnail versions of art, it would be great to be able to export to lower resolutions. It is a drag to have to use Photoshop to do a job that it seems like Illustrator could easily do by itself.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rotate multiple shapes one time but each ones around its anchor point

Dear Adobe
    Can we please have the possibility to select many shapes and rotate them all one time but each one be rotated around its anchor point?
    I think it will help us to make great designs quickly.
    Thanks and I hope you take my proposal in consideration

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Nacer,

Does the menu item Object > Transform > Transform Each… not work for you? You can also choose the reference point on the 9-point reference widget in the dialog.

Thanks,
    Yogesh

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base