1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

2. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change "Export For Screens" Save Path Default To File Folder

If I go to File > Export > Export For Screens the default save path points to the last folder I used. What we as users are expecting is the default path to be equal to the same folder as the Illustrator file is currently located in.

If you feel this should not be the default at least give us a way to change this in the AI Preferences. Thanks!

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement quick filter in Layers panel

On large documents designers very often give names to objects in document structure for improve navigation in structure. But now there are no way to quickly find object by name in document, except custom scripts.

For solve this problem please implement quick filter input field in Layers panel interface, for quickly search objects by part of his name (like filter in Fonts list).

Even if designer don't add names, via this filter we will can quick find all curves, all rectangles, all circles, all curves, all guides, etc, so it will be very useful.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

This functionality is available in our latest release build – 27.6.1. 

The new functionality allows searching layers by name using the searchbar in the layers panel. The users can also apply filters based on layer properties (locked, hidden etc) or objects properties (effects, text etc.). This will help to quickly find layers/objects for large documents (having multiple layers).

Read more about this - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/whats-new/2023-5.html#search-and-filter

Thank you for all the feedback.

5. Stop tool panel from changing

I would like to be able to lock the tool panel. At the moment tools are always moving around. For example, a seleciton tool (black arrow) frequently disappears. It's a pain when I'm typing because I can't switch to a selection tool by using a shortcut "V" and I have to select a white arrow first and then press "V" to make the black arrow visible again. Horrible!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Freeform gradient doesn't work with Recolor Artwork

There is no way to recolor the gradient points in the Freeform Gradient in Color Guide → Recolor Artwork. This is very problematic when you try to apply a color group to the gradient. It works very well with regular gradients, but not with freeform gradients. I think this needs an update or else it will be very time consuming to edit all the colors of a freeform gradient.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display all font names in default language

The new Illustrator Adobe Fonts interface displays CJK fonts using their native language name. This is OK for people who are fluent in every language, but may be hard to use depending on who you are. Additionally, the font cannot be searched for using its English name. This is not consistent with InDesign's Adobe Fonts implementation, which still uses all English names.

Please make Illustrator's CJK font display entirely in English, similar to InDesign's, or at least display a searchable English name in brackets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Artboards to snap to the grid

I'm working on a heavily modular layout and the modules are snapping to the grid nicely. However when duplicating the artboard, the artboard will not snap to the grid.

This therefore throws the modules slightly off the grid as the Artboard position has to be matched by eye.

I've also downloaded and tried the CC 2019 pre-release and it still does not allow snapping of artboards to the grid.

Please fix this, thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

9. Ability to search functions

For example, in rhino I can type all the functions without having to search through the menus with my mouse

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In latest version of Illustrator you can access Discover panel by hitting F1 or via Help menu.

This new window allows you to search within tools, commands, tutorials, etc. — but no commands form other panels’ menus, or scripts, or actions.

If you need this functionality, or have any other comments regarding this panel — please do it here or in a separate request.

10. Release / Cancel Image Trace

Let me back out of an image trace with ESC. Sometimes it just won't work and I need to back out. If I've tried a thousand different combinations and it still won't trace well then I have to delete the image or sit through all of my undo's and sometimes I run out of undo's. I need to be able to cancel the trace.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. easier way to unlock layers

I, like most people, work with layers. Sometimes those layers are 5, sometimes closer to 100. Thing is, I don't want to have to scroll through 100 layers to find the 1 locked layer I want to unlock. It would be great if I could just right-click on it, then go through a 2-step process to unlock the layer. At the very least, if I double-click on said locked layer, I wish to be shown immediately in the Layers panel where that layer is.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In latest versions you can enable ’Select and Unlock objects on canvas ’ option in Preferences > Selection & Anchor Display section.
    This will draw a small lock marker for those objects that are locked in your selection (they won’t be a part of selection box though) — click it to unlock an object.
    Please try it and comment back about if it works for you.

12. Paste and match style within illustrator

When copying from one text box with style A, then pasting into a text box with style B -- provide the ability to paste as style B in a single keystroke or step. Currently the default is to keep style A when pasting which requires an additional step to convert the style B.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd like to see the transform values of text be accurate to the text rather than the text box

I'd like to see the transform values of text be accurate to the text rather than the text box. Also so that when I am center aligning text horizontally it will align the actual text and not the text box.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Latest versions of Illustrator have an exact solution for that.

Open Align panel, and enable Align to Glyph Bounds option in the panel’s menu, for point or area text or both.

The bounding box will remain the same, but the text will now align to and by its actual bounds, just like you want.

Please comment back if it works for you.

14. Scrolling in Type window

In CC 2014, when you selected copy in your document, it would highlight that font in the type window in it's appropriate alphabetical location. You could then scroll up or down alphabetically to get to other fonts. Now, when you select copy in a CC 2018 document, it moves the font to the top of the list and you have to start from the top every time to look for other fonts. I like to scroll through the fonts as I'm designing logos and having to start at the top every time is a pain in the neck!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With AI CC 22.1.0 version there is an option in the “Type Preferences” dialog (MAC menu “Illustrator CC >> Preferences >> Type” and WIN menu “Edit >> Preferences >> Type”) to change the “Number of Recent Fonts” and if you set it to “0” then on selecting the font in the document the font drop down list will highlight the Font Family name at it’s location and not on the top of the list.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issue regarding this.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

15. Multiple Artboards Selection for deletion

Since we dont have the multiple artboard seletion for (Deletion,Editing),Every time user has to select on the single Artboard and have to do the changes, that consumes more time if the artboards are more.

In easier terms ,Its hard to select everytime the artboards and to move it...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keyboard shortcuts for Bold and Italic text

It would be useful if, while typing/editing text, there was a keyboard shortcut to add BOLD or ITALICS - highlight the word, hit CTRL + B to bold, for example.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Smart guides optionally work with live text

Sometimes it is needed to snap to contour of live text.
    Right now it requires to make a copy of text, outline it, snap to desired point/segment, delete copy.

What if user could tick an option that allows to snap to live glyphs? or use 'Ctrl' modifier to toggle this mode on the fly? It would allow us to skip copying-outlining-snapping-deleting and boost the speed.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hotkey to exit Type mode

PLEASE MAKE A "HOTKEY" or keyboard command to EXIT "TYPE MODE."

ONCE ONE IS IN TYPE MODE, A COMMON ERROR IS TO ACCIDENTALLY TYPE:

VVVVVVVVVVVVV

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MMMMMMMMMM

etc.

The answer could be as simple as "Simultaneous Spacebar + hotkey letter."

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto-adjust text box to text

In the past, with Freehand, we could to do that by clicking on the bottom corner right of the text box.
    Recover that would be a good idea.
    Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Align to artboard when only when item/group of items is selected.

Have aligning be dynamic depending on what is selected. If one item or group of items is selected auto select align to artboard rather than the last selected option.

If multiple items are selected but not group it would auto select align to selection.

This would reduce time having to check what you are aligning to since 99% of the time when you are trying to align a group it is to the artboard and the same with selecting multiple objects. It is a hassle having to constantly be checking and changing my align options.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base