1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. 100% size is actually actual size

Allow Illustrator to be monitor-aware. Have a feature where there is an onscreen ruler, and ask the user to hold up a real ruler to the screen. Let them drag a slider until the onscreen ruler perfectly matches the physical ruler. Then let this % value become the new "100% size" for that machine. Currently to see my artwork at 100% size, I need to set my view to 192%. I wish there was a setting to set my "100%" to default to 192%.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In CC 2019 (latest update 23.0.1), at 100% Zoom 1inch artwork would display at 1inch in physical (Print) size, on any display. If this doesn’t work right for screen design workflows, please use the checkbox Preferences > General > Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, to turn off the feature. Currently this feature works only on primary display, and there are plans of extending this to other attached displays.

2. Eliminate the Adobe Search Pane in the top right of illustrator

Adobe does not seem to be able to fix the problem of Adobe search being selected by default when a file is opened. I use a master layout page & am constantly pasting art I have copied to the pasteboard into the stupid, virtually useless Adobe search window. It immediately hangs Illustrator which eventually crashes.

This bug is ridiculously enraging. I cannot believe Adobe has not addressed this. It can't just be me having this issue

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to select all artboards and resize them at once by entering desired size.

Need to select and change all artboard size at once. Can we have this feature in Illustrator? Because after design we need to prepare artworks from same file so we need to increase artboard sizes to add crop marks and other details of instructions for printer, It will be easier if we can change this in artboard window or from document setup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Symetric drawing

to line
    to square
    to triangle
    to shape defined by user

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Preview Checkbox defaults to On rather than Off

I'm not sure if there is a reason for this, but for the 12 years I've been using Illustrator, the effects checkbox always defaults to "Off" and every time I make an edit to an effect, I have to switch it to "On". It never remembers my setting and there is no way to make it default to On. Either would be acceptable.

Many thanks for everything.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

All the effect checkboxes have now been set to ON by default, and are sticky (meaning that if you disable preview, on next launch of Illustrator preview will remain disabled). This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

6. Allow to set font-size by setting x-height and cap height

I very often create designs where I should have certain x-height.
    Now I have to achieve this using long workaround (I do it very quick now, but now quick enough, and its not actionable):
    1. Create copy of typed text with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F
    2. Outlining copy
    3. Finding symbol with flat top an bottom (x or X or similar)
    4. Choose Direct selection tool
    5. Shift+click chosen letter
    6. Deleting unwanted symbols from copy
    7. Scale outline of chosen letter 1000%
    8. Going outline mode (enlarged letter will probably take whole screen)
    9. Shift+click at live text behind letter
    10.…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am glad to remind all who voted for this feature that it is now possible to set a font size as x-height or cap height with Show Font Height Options toggle enabled in Character panel menu.

Some issues still remain, yes, like, wrong size calculation if a font has rounded stems that end below baseline (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44639661-font-height-options-misbehave-with-rounded-fonts), or inability to focus the dropdown with Tab (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41836618-font-height-options-tab-order), or calculating font height by measuring glyphs instead of reading the actual value within the font (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41615035-cap-height-setting-not-using-font-cap-height), but overall this is done, works, and super cool, don’t you think?

7. Artboards should have a purpose

1. What is the purpose of having an artboard if anything drawn beyond it shows up as part of your drawing? I exported an artwork as a png file and everything beyond the artboard showed up as part of the artwork. The workspace around the artboard should be able to be used for ideas that may be relevant to future versions of your art or to assist in creating your art.
    2. When I drew the attached image, I expected that anything beyond the artboard would not show as part of the artwork.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Static Symbols the default, instead of Dynamic Symbols.

A new symbol is saved as "Dynamic" by default. Please make "Static" symbols the default. They are the "Standard" and should remain the default. It is the exception when I want a "dynamic" symbol.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Visible keyboard shortcuts for actions

In photoshop you can see the keyboard shortcuts for a created action right behind the action in the action-window. Why isn't this possible in illustrator?

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Star and Spiral live shapes, with on-canvas controls, better tools

Better Star tool, with side widgets to change the number of points, the rays’ length, etc.
    Possibility to re-edit anytime the number of points in a star.
    Also, the possibility to adjust the thickness of the star "arms".
    (like Freehand was doing long time ago...)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Star is now a live shape and available in the all the public builds starting from V 28.3.0.

You can now customise your star in any way you like; may it be changing the no of sides, corner angles, or even the corner radius. 

Please try it out and let us know what y'all think !

11. Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel

Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel..

It's a pretty crazy change to remove it..
    why have it tucked away in the menus ?!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export for Screens without bleed option

Export screens without the bleed

I really like the feature called Export screens, but I do not really use it for print jobs, cause I can't export any picture format file without the bleed section of the document, which I use to show the client the stages of the job. Still, I could do the same with Save for web function, but it would be very very useful to export multiple artboards at the same time without the bleed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Color Picker live preview!

When i choose color with color picker there is no live preview. I have to click OK to view selected color and if I don't like it, have to do all this again. Do it as it is in Photoshop.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Converting variable fonts and color fonts when saving

Periodic saving is a natural part of design work. Now when I periodically save I get to watch the 'wait bar' slowly slide by while it converts variable fonts and color fonts to objects. I DON'T even have any of those on my computer.

1. Illustrator 22.0.1
    2. See above
    3. Shouldn't have to wait to convert something that doesn't need converting.
    4. See above.
    5. I don't have a file to upload. It happens on all files.
    17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

15. Symmetry tool for adobe illustrator 2018

There is a symmetry tool for adobe photoshop 2018. But if you add the tool also in the illustrator we can make some great vector designs. Because sometimes we need to copy an object from a design and paste it as a mirror of the object. if you kindly add the tool it will be very helpful for the designers......

108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Match display sizes across CC apps already. Please.

1. Open AI
    2. Create new A4 document
    3. Display @ 100%
    4. Open ID
    5. Create new A4 document
    6. Display @ 100%
    7. View AI and ID windows side by side
    8. Compare sizes.

FFS! Please make apps sync real 100% size rendering of documents already. It‘s fundamental for graphic professionals to be able to view documents in real size. Why is this still not fixed.

100% is 100% irrespective of display resolution. Come on, it‘s 2017. Nobody is working on 72 dpi anymore. We all have 5K retina displays.

Please try to keep up, Adobe.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ai now displays A4 as a proper 210×297mm (if Display Print Size at 100% Zoom option is set in Preferences) — you can check it with a ruler next to a screen.

This messes up 100% for Web-based documents, unfortunately, and this is yet have to be resolved.

InDesign, however, displays it a bit smaller… (this should be asked from InDesign developers).
    Photoshop does it almost perfect when you choose View > Actual Size.

17. text align vertically

Allow text to be vertically centered in text box.

In InDesign, there is an option in the text frame properties, "Vertical Justification", with a "Center" option.

Or, the "baseline shift" option could be split into either specifying a number, as it is now, or specifying "center in text box".

This option is very important sometimes, such as having a tag symbol (e.g. circle) with a label inside that is either 1 or 2 lines high. Right now I have to have 2 paragraph styles (1 for 1-line text and 1 for 2-line text) so the 1 line text is in…

359 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to disable 'Recent Fonts' feature.

I hate having to scroll from the top of the fonts list every time i'm searching for a new font. Currently, in preferences there is an option for only 1 recent font, however, i'd like to be able to disable this feature completely.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

19. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

20. Add Expand Image Trace button in Properties

When you do an image trace of an image there is no button to expand it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base