When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

157 results found

1. Would like to be able to entries in the Appearance Panel and perform Pathfinder functions to them. .

Example: Select 2 strokes in the appearance panel, one transformed some distance from the other, and apply the pathfinder Unite function (Fx) and have them become functionally one entry on one layer of the selected object.. This could eliminate some what are sometimes complicated procedures when outputting files to various RIP/machines/printers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Zoom Tool Controls (Fit to Screen)

Can we make the Zoom Tool have the same Control settings as the Zoom Tool in Photoshop? I design in Large Scale Canvas Files. I like to design Art for Shirt Prints/Broadcasting Graphics for Entertainment Usage/Graphics for Sports Teams.

This means a lot of Re-Scaling Images after put into the documents. When I Re-Scale the images and go to position them. I need to Zoom In onto the destination of the image's positioning.
    After I position that image. I can go back to Full-Size Image. But, I have to go to my Magnifier % at the bottom of my program…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Indeed, Illustrator does not have 'Fit to Screen' option in the context menu for the Zoom tool.

But it provides other ways to do that:

View > Fit Artboard in Window (Cmd/Ctrl + 0)

View > Fit All in Window (Opt/Alt + Cmd/Ctrl + 0)

If you are interested in Zoom to Selection command, please vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/31427962-zoom-to-selection-fit-selection-on-screen-with

3. Eyedropper needs to sample the flattened color, not the object that I click on

Many many times, when I use the eyedropper, I wish that it was sample the actual color of what I am seeing on the screen, rather than whatever the top object is that I have clicked on. For example I might have a number of layers of transparency, or I might want to click a particular value in a gradient, but the result only gives me the color of the object that I clicked on. Is there a way that you could hold down a modifier key and the eyedropper would instead select the color of the displayed pixel that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We need your help to build this product right. We have a few open questions that we would like to discuss with you please join us on our pre-release program using this link : https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg

Hoping to meet and greet you on the prerelease forum and seek your input to build this product right.

5. Allow calligraphic strokes for default fill/stroke

I regularly use a calligraphic stroke in my work. It would be good if a calligraphic stroke could be applied to the default fill/stroke settings via the Graphic Styles panel. This would save a lot of time in my daily workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Quick Command for Trim View

Quick Command for Trim View. I alternate a lot between normal view and trim view but have to stop to select trim view every time.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Layer clipping mask (a bit like a paste-inside on steroids!)

I'd like to be able to convert a shape into a layer clipping mask which would then allow sub-layers to be created/converted so that they only remain visible within in the shape's boundary and would subsequently honour any sub-layer effects applied therein.

Why?

Well at the moment I have to expand any paths with effects applied to layers so that any effect is captured inside the clipping mask. This results in a destructive edit to my artwork and file duplication so that I can revert to the previous editable state when I need to make any changes.

Background:
    I regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Toolbox zoom and hand tool on same tab instead of separate tabs making it slower to select since having to flip back and forth all the time

Previous versions CS6 etc had the toolbox panel better laid out: Hand tool and zoom tools were on a separate tab now CC doesn't give the choice but having them both on a same tab so having to hover, drag etc every time I want to select my favourite tools is really tedious whilst there are many useless tools on the toolbox displayed why changing a feature that worked perfectly in previous versions?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original toolbar with all the tools in classic arrangement is still available as 'Advanced' and can be enabled from Window > Toolbar menu. The currently offered toolbar is called 'Basic' and serves the purpose of making new users fell less overwhelmed with the amount of tools Ai has and display the most popular only.

A questionable decision, but it came with the possibility to make our own customized vertical tool panels. Read more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tools.html

If you want to have horizontal toolbars (as a separate option, along with 'torn-out' groups), vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38230498-the-illustrator-toolbox-should-be-able-to-display

If you want to be able to add dividers in toolbars (we lost them when customization had been added), vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38097085-add-dividers-to-custom-tools-panel-or-enable-stac#comments

9. Disable Snap to Path

Can someone please explain to me why you can turn off "snap to grid", "snap to pixel", and "snap to point" off, but you can't turn "snap to path" off. It used to be you could just easily turn off "snap", which would turn all forms of snap off. Now, when I'm trying to adjust points on a path, the anchor handles still snap to path. The only way to get it to not snap to path is to zoom very close in. This is problematic when you can't see your entire curve, because you're zoomed in, and you can't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. move anchor points in opposite direction relative to the object’s center point

For years I have been hankering for a way to work with anchor points the same way as the width tool works or the option/alt modifier key works when resizing a shape with the selection tool.
    When two anchor points are selected I want to be able to move those points in opposite directions. Either attract or repel.

Imagine there is a straight line between the two selected anchor points, when one of the points is moved away from the other point (pressing the modifier key) the point that is selected but not dragged should move in the opposite direction.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Freeform gradients to grayscale

It would be awesome if we could convert freeform gradients to grayscale just like with a normal gradient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recolor Artwork flip 2 colors

I want to quickly flip 2 colors within a multi-colored design.

Lets say I have Object A (RED) and Object B (Blue) I want A to be Blue and B to be red. I try to find tutorials about it but couldn't find any. I have tryed everything in recolor artwork but its not possible to switch simply two colors (withing a multi-colored design, large file to see different color options quickly)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a setting for "Solid" in the leading field of the type panel

Illustrator defaults to "Auto" in regards to leading - about 120% of the point size of the type. When using display faces, I often find I set type a lot tighter - usually around the same leading as the point size. It would be really helpful if there were a setting for that in the type panel, so that as I change the point size of the type (say from 24 pts to 72 pts) the leading would also change automatically from 24 pts to 72 pts - just as it would from one size to another when the leading…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can change the value Illustrator uses as 'auto' in Justification dialog, which you can access via the Paragraph panel’s menu. Change 'Auto Leading' to 100% to get what you want.

If you want this setting to be applied to all new text objects, you should open Paragraph Styled panel, and edit the [Normal Paragraph Style].

If you want this to be applied to every new document you make, you should learn about editing document profile files Illustrator uses as core templates. Just don’t forget to backup these.

14. Need this feature also for illustrator CC. Distributor Horizontally and Vertically

Hi, their is one new feature which is called Distributor Horizontally and Vertically, i think we need this in illustrator also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rich Tool Tips in Illustrator

currently, photoshop has a feature where the user can opt for rich tools tips. Why doesn't illustrator have the same feature??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bounding Box Preview Bounds

CC 23.01 Mac High Sierra

When a single object is selected, Preview Bounds is on, the Bounding Box does not reflect the Preview Bounds - it is the same as if Preview Bounds is off.

When selecting multiple objects it works as it should

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. put the draw rectangle back into the standard and advanced toolbar

put the rectangle tool back into the toolbars

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There was a bug which allowed to accidentally drag-n-drop tools and insert them into other tools’ subgroups.

It was fixed by introducing a special mode to enable this. No accidents with lost tools should happen. Please comment back if it happens for you in latest versions.

20. Add reference point locator for symbols

Symbols only have registration point. Fine, store it. Use it as default for scaling-rotating and so on. But why I can't set reference point for transforming it as I want, and as I can for EVERYTHING else?! What, AI can't calculate it's left top coordinate or what? Why can't I flip it over the left edge, for example? Why can't I even COPY it's top left coordinate?

Shh, calm down.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?