1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Invite to edit functionality

On a previous version of Adobe Illustrator, anyone with access to the aic file could invite new members to the document. There has since been an update where only the owner of the file can share the file to new people. Is it possible to implement an 'admin' or 'manger' to each file. Therefore the owner of the document can provide admin rights to other colloborates of the document. Anyone with admin access could then share the aic file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unlink assets from Creative Libraries

After I drop an asset from the library in a document, I want to be able to unlink it, and remove dependencies to an external library.
    In my case, I'm using library to build products that I'm selling, so when I export the products for sale, I need to remove the dependencies to these libraries.

Any designer who sell his products, or share with people external to a team, would have the same need.

We need to keep the flexibility of using a library (to update changes through multiple documents), but we need to make these documents self sufficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As stated in the comments, one can place a library item as an unlinked copy with Opt/Alt+dragging on canvas. To embed linked copies, a user can press the Embed button in Control / Properties panels, or choose Embed Image(s) command from the Links panel's flyout menu.

3. Allow for graphics placed from CC Library to be expanded and converted to curves

Right now, when you place a vector from the CC Library, you can't use it as if it were a vector created on the spot. This hinders speed of creation and prevents 2 crucial things:

1. You can't change colors of the vector without editing the original CC item
    2. You can't use it with pathfinder for a print job for example (imagine you want to cut a shape out of PVC or something). Right now, to do this, you must double click the library item, copy and paste it on your document.

Altough it might not seem much work, if, for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can drag an asset with the Alt/Opt key held to embed it instead of placing.

However, please note a PDF-copy of an asset is used, and not the original artwork you had imported into a Library, which means the embedded copy can have extra clipping masks and expanded effects.

4. Vector Importing for Library Assets

I would like the option to be able to import vector CC Library Assets as live vectors (rather than as a link) in Illustrator.

This is a vector editing software.....and the asset I'm grabbing from the library to bring in as a vector asset (and probably originally built in Illustrator).....why can't I have an alternate means (ex. Shift+Drag for import = import as live vector art) to be able to bring the asset in as an editable piece of art?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base