Can you please make a tool to make it possible to add measure to the drawing!
I make some illustrations of furnitures. It is only outline drawings, but I really need to be able to add measure to the drawing so people easily can se the measure of the furniture.
Dimension_72a for Illustrator CS6 and CC (Mac only) $20 USD
• Dimension_72a will calculate the overall dimensions of all selected art and create dimension lines and text at the desired positions.
• Dimensions can be added to segments of paths.
• Dimensions can be set in inches, millimeters or centimeters and will display up to the maximum number of decimal places entered.
• The displayed dimension will be multiplied by the scale factor entered, if desired.
1. Vector Scribe, by Astute Graphics, is a plug-in that will do what you are requesting.
2. The Measure Tool is hidden beneath the Eyedropper Tool in the Tools palette.
3. To show your clients a certain measurement in your drawing (printed) you will need to manually add them.