1. Isolate selection doesn't get recorded in Actions

Action doesn't record 'Isolate Selection' command

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep transparency when raster image is copied/pasted (at least from PS)

I have, let's say, image with background erased. I want to copy it in PS and paste in AI, intending opacity to be kept, but NO, you get opaque image.
    I don't care who is in charge for this, you or PS team, just get it done already.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Match Width or Height to Key Object

I would like a quicker way to match an object's width or height to that of another object. Currently I have to select the correctly sized object, copy the W value, select the next object, and paste the W value. This must be done individually for each object. A pain when you have, say, a dozen objects scattered around the artwork but you want them to all be the same size. I think it could work similarly to the "align to key object" tool.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When opening a multi page pdf instead of having to select the range, why can't it open the page you see in the window

When opening a multi page pdf instead of having to select the range, why can't it open the page you see in the window? In other words, why not make the window page and range the column. I am always selecting the page in the window and forget to change range and always end up opening page 1. Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better antialiasing

Long time ago I abandoned Xara and moved to Illustrator full-time.
    I managed to solve all problems I had encountered with, but several things still bug me.

One of them is this:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/31525333-minus-front-on-grouped-objects
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/32954797-pathfinder-must-work-with-group-as-a-single-object

The other one is a crude antialiasing.

See attached images.
    Zara puts more shades of gray to show the slope of test line, while AI leaves more uniformly filled areas. It gets more noticeable when angle gets sharper.
    Changing antialising options doesn't help.

Please, make antialiasing better.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow linked content within symbols.

It would be nice to create symbols with linked content that would update when the linked content changes. Currently you have to embed anything within a symbol, images for example.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove survey requests from app

Give users some way to disable in-app survey request popups. Simply clicking the X does NOT prevent it from popping up again in the future.

How about moving this request out of the program so it doesn't appear during a long, automated batch operation for example (and can't be dismissed BTW). Adobe has our email addresses, just send the request there. OR move survey notifications to the CC Desktop App. That's a nice central location that does not impinge on production activities in any of the apps.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visible keyboard shortcuts for actions

In photoshop you can see the keyboard shortcuts for a created action right behind the action in the action-window. Why isn't this possible in illustrator?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CMD-H Should hide Illustrator

Yes, CMD-H should be standardized across all of your programs. And kindly take Freehand out of its vault, study its pen/curve tool(s), and make Illustrator's pen tool work as well as Freehand's did.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Selection panel - supercharged customisable selection options

• A new Select panel.

*User-defined search permeameters with logical operators, and access to all relevant properties and object types in the document object model. Ability to extend and refine a search by multiple parameters.

*User-defined labels for objects, with which users can create their own custom searches (eg. ”figure”, ”house”, “red team”, “platform” etc.).

This would make me A Happy(er) Bunny.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Tie a child shape to parent shape to keep it aligned to parent when resized

Hi everyone,

I posted this as a question in the Illustrator forum (here's the original thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/set-shapes-as-child-and-parent-objects-for-dynamic-box-designs/m-p/11688904?page=1#M256580) and was suggested to submit this as a feature request here.

I design boxes in Illustrator for precise cutting in my Silhouette machine. The main problem I encounter with is when I make a box which its shapes are all perfectly aligned, but I then find that I need to tweak its interior size. When I'm doing so I have to re-align all the different pieces of the box shapes such as the spines, wings, etc, since there's no option to tie…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't display clipped outside paths in Outline View option

Sometimes we have a large pieces of artwork clipped.
    Sometimes we don’t care what’s inside until we isolate these to edit the clipped art directly.
    Still, when we switch to Outline View, we see all the art that is clipped, clumped, overlapping, messy.
    For these cases it would be nice to have an option to not draw parts that are outside and beyond of clipping paths.
    Corel’s products does it a bit wrong — they don’t draw clipped parts in Outline at all, including parts that are inside. Ai should do it better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bounding Box bug

Adobe, have you seen this page. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1148039
    The bounding box problem has persisted over versions, years. Extremely strange that it continues to pester even to this day. Will you ever do anything about it?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Folders in the Graphic Styles palette.

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles to keep my characters consistent across panels and pages.

A simple character might involve a half dozen styles. A complicated character can involve a lot more - see the attached screenshot.

Add in a good chunk of Graphic Styles for recurring background elements and I'm constantly dealing with triple-digit number of entries in the Graphic Styles palette. Finding the set of styles I want to use becomes an increasingly tedious process as pages get more complicated.

I would like to be able to create folders of Graphic Styles, which I can open and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. batch action to include image trace with ignore white plus expand

I would like to use image trace including advanced setting ignore white, plus expand to get paths, in a batch action. I can do these as separate actions, but not in combination on one image and not at all as a batch process. I confirmed this is a limitation of illustrator currently with your support reps in live chats. If you could add this in your next update that would be great! thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please Remove Artboard Limit Entirely!

There appears to be a limit of 1000 artboards on a single canvas in Adobe Illustrator. This is VERY annoying. I frequently have Illustrator files with multiple very small artboards (for iconography). It's absurd that I have all this canvas space and cannot add as many artboards as I want/need.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create symbols from Global Edit

Global Edit is great, but it should have a way to make the globally selected items into multiple instances of a symbol. Once you start Global Edit, as long as the individual items qualify as being instances of the same symbol, that option should be made available to you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 finger zoom, rotate and pan and 2 finger for vertical and lateral scroll feature on the trackpad.

Can you allow three fingers control to pinch zoom, pan and rotate at the same time for a smooth control for the drawing area. Two fingers can be used to scroll vertically and laterally.
    This feature will help me as i do a lot of graphic design illustrations. It would help me zoom in for details and immediately zoom out to get a bigger perspective and again zoom in on a different area without having to press many buttons, all this while my right hand is controlling the mouse

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Let's add Vasily Hall's name to the Ai credits?

These never get added for some reason, so I'm going to try once per day to put it up here:

As you may be aware, Illustrator has a natively build CSV-import feature for variables now. This wouldn't have come if Vasily didn't undertake the effort to create this feature as a script, 3 years prior. https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable Importer/VariableImporter.jsx

His contribution was:
    1. User research, connecting with users from all over the world to get a sense of whether anyone even wants to import CSV files and use graph variables.
    2. Naming convention syntax for visibility and graph variables.
    3. Logical mechanism…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base