1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

305 results found

1. Match arrow keys to view rotation

i just rotated the screen 90 degrees, but when i use the arrow keys, they move the object as if the screen was not rotated. would love to have arrow keys (toggle-able) match screen rotation.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. search and replace layers / artboards

Add a function to batchrename artboards and layer with suffix & prefix.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Artboard numbering by order not by creation

For many years I wish AI sorted the artboards by their position in the document but not by their time of creation. When moving artboards around for creating an presentation (which I would like to export later by maintaining the sequence I see on the canvas) it would be so much more comfortable when the numbering of the artboard would change accordingly. For example if I prepare a presentation with multiple artboards and decide to move the most right artboard of the bottom row to the very upper left position I wish this artboard would be numbered as artboard #1…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to Have Golden Ratio & Rule of Thirds Grid (like PS)

For a canvas, if there is an option to get a Grid for 'Rule of Thirds' or Golden Ration.

This will make a lot easier for the designer and will be more effective in Illustrator as compared to PS (where this option is available) where vector designs are being created.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To arrange Artboards alphabetically by there names!!

To have an option where I can arrange artboards by there names

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Slug

As part of my daily workflow, all my art has to have a slug, when i put all the information about the file, date, time, user, CMYK and spot colors used, company logo, etc.

Editable and complete slug option will be appreciated, see attached an example of my manual slug, i use in conjunction with a plugin which puts date time, the user, etc automatically, but i don't like plugins, I want part of the Adobe illustrator Software.

See attached an example

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Copy&Pastle "Color Groups" in "Recolor artwork" to another document

In one document I have create created some Color Groups for recolor my artwork. Now I want to copy them into another document.

It's not possible to do currently. But it's so simple to implement!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an option to not zoom to the artboard at newly created files

When you create a document in Ai, it first gets created and they Ai fits the artboard in window. For me, at Windows, it also happens with a noticeable delay, which sucks.
    But in the first place — why does it do it? I never asked for it, I want it to be at 100% and have it fitted only when the artboard is larger than my viewport, not smaller!
    I’d like to have at least a key value to edit somewhere in Prefs file to disable this auto-zooming.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a guide trimmed to an artboard

There is a almost unknown way to create guides limited to an artboards — you have to pick the Artboard Tool first, and then drag a guide out of rulers. The resulting guide will be limited to the artboard’s dbounds.

However, we think about it somewhere in the middle of dragging a guide, using other tools... too late in a process!

Can we get a modifier to hold while a guides is dragged out to toggle the global/local guide mode on the fly? Alt is taken to switch horizontal/vertical (and it’s cool), but Shift and Ctrl/Cmd are free and do…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatially push guides to a single layer

It'd be great to have an optional feature that pushes every newly created guide to a dedicated guide layer. I think many people work with an eytra layer for guides on top of their layer stack to toggle visibility and lock, and manually collecting all guides gets tedious.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create artboards to CENTER of stroke pleasssseee!

If i create a box with a fill and stroke, use (Shift+O) for Artboard tool, I double click my box and a new artboard is created.
    When I double-click my shape with the Artboard tool, it creates an artboard around the stroke width and not the actual bounding box or CENTER of the stroke.
    I believe illustrator used to preform this operation correctly in the past.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More blank document presets.

Please make A2, A1 and A0 into blank document presets.

Thanks,
    L

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Previous Zoom

A "Previous Zoom" or "Previous View" command which would change the zoom/magnification to the most recent zoom state. Also the option to center on selection or artboard. This will allow users to toggle between magnification of say 400% and 3200% or 5% and 1200% if they're regularly checking for details and positioning within a larger document which I do constantly in a prepress environment.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Scale adjustment when creating New Document

Many times as a designer you have to create artwork that is a fraction of the final scale. It would be nice if you could enter the final size in inches or feet, and then hit a dropdown that would have different fractions of scale (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc.) and then illustrator could compute the appropriate numbers. It could also scale down the bleed area as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+PgUp with single artboard doesn't work as it does with multiple artboards

When working with multiple artboards (I use them for exporting tiffs from larger design) using Ctrl+Shift+PgUp is quite handy to quickly navigate to first, master artboard AND set zoom to 'Fit artboard to window' with one hotkey.
    But when you have only one artboard, pressing Ctrl+Shift+PgUp (expecting it to fit artboard in window) does nothing.

I think it should work consistently.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. zoom in view rotation not centered

After rotating the canvas (view), the action of zooming in and out becomes kind of misaligned.

Generally, when I zoom in/out with an option (alt) key using a scroller on my mouse, the zooming is centered with the current cursor position. When the canvas is rotated, it goes somewhere else.

(I suppose, it's an opposite direction. The same bug happens when clicking, for example, left arrow to move an object but it goes to the right in a 180 degree flipped view).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add a Color to Artboard names in artboard panel

add a Color to Artboard names in artboard panel, just like the way we color layers in photoshop

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Duplicate File

Like in Photoshop, I'd like an option in Illustrator to duplicate the entire file, opening the duplicate in a new tab.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Zoom in, out and pan when in dialog window

No matter what dialog window we are currently in, we should be able to zoom in and out and pan the artboard.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base