1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

316 results found

1. Bring back "hide edges" for type within a paragraph

I used to be able to select a line of type, hide edges, and then view how various fonts looked (without seeing the type bar that show's it's selected). Not being able to do this has greatly slowed down my process. Please bring back "Hide Edges" for selected type within a paragraph.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Import artboards into InDesign from Illustrator and vice versa.

Requestiog a function for importing artboards from InDesign to Illustrator and vice versa into Master Boards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set grid as percentage

Set grid as percentage so the X and Y can have the same number of divisions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create new artboard within other artboard with Shift key gone in 2018

Just switched to Illustrator 2018. In 2017 I could create a new artboard on top of another artboard by holding down the shift key and dragging with the Artboard tool. This doesn't work anymore. I can create a new artboard outside of the existing one, but I need to create multiple artboards within one main artboard. I can create a vector box where I want them all, then go to Artboard window and click Convert to Artboards, but this is many more clicks than before...not very lean.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Duplicate artboard hotkey

It should be possible to duplicate artworks not only with Alt + Drag but with a button in the artboard options aswell - just replace it with the text that says "Press Alt + Drag Cursor to duplicate artboard" and keep the Hotkey function.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show current artboard when using shortcuts to switch artboards

It would be useful if when switching artboards with Fn+Shift+Up/Down that the Artboards window reflects the currently viewed artboard. The current workaround is having to guess which artboard I'm looking at by double clicking the artboard and checking to see if the canvas switches view.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

8. Add the ability to reduce the size of the canvas

Currently there's no way to reduce the canvas size (not individual artboard sizes). I think it would be great if we could.

The default canvas size is quite big if you are working with small artboards. It makes using the scroll bars annoying, because it scrolls excessively far if you try to move the bar sliders in any direction by holding them with the mouse and dragging. This would not be an issue with a smaller canvas size.

Having a smaller canvas size also I think would just be nicer too because you can make all your artboards mostly fill…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create square artboards with Shift held when no artboards are selected

Artboard tool does a lot of things: selects, creates, moves,.. we are out of modifiers to control it properly. Specifically, we can’t create square artboards with the natural way we can create square paths, circles with Ellipse tool, like in many applications.

Instead, Ai uses Shift key to select artboards if you start holding Shift before clicking (which is fine) and uses ratio of the last selected artboard if you hold it while dragging (who even uses it?)

What if you let us to create square artboards, when no artboards are selected, but Shift is held? The alternative is to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow "Welcome to Illustrator" presets to be customized to actual user presets

When the landing or launch page for Illustrator CC2021 opens, there is a box of presets under the line "Welcome to Illustrator.

This system will not allow a drop or upload of either an AI nor JPG screenshot...the default presets are Postcard, Letter, Common, iPhone X, HDTV 1080p and "More Presets."

In my case, I never use any one of those presets, so I have to click "Create New" or "More Presets," which are the same outcomes, then click my way through the various options to get to "Web Large."

It would be nice if (a) the user could enhance…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Separate rulers for artboards

Could we get individual rulers per artboard. This would make it easier to see spacing and relationships on individual boards.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New document without symbols, brushes, graphic styles

New documents are pre-filled with unwanted symbols, brushes and graphic styles that bloat the documents. I always have to go in and delete these to keep file size down, especially when saving as EPS for logos, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Complete user-defined default settings

The work I do for my company has certain defaults that go beyond the layout of my workspace. I only use one font, I always need the same set of color swatches, I use the same tolerance amounts, etc. I export to PDFs the same way every time, I essentially need the same options. (And even with a template, I have to start from scratch for many of these options.)

While I can save certain usual elements in my CC Library, I waste so much time saving and opening and searching. AND even then, I still have to reset the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for Artboards to be non-printing

Would be very useful if there could be a setting in the Artboards palate that could make them 'non-printing' (Like in Layers) - I use a lot of pre-prepared template files and sometimes don't use all Artboards, so to 'turn them off' rather than having to delete (as I may need them later in a job) or keep changing print options would be great.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the ability to search with in the symbols palette

we can search with in the swatch palette, can that be carried over to the symbols palettes?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How to open multi-page pdf in Illustrator on their newly-created artboards

Hello,
    I have to place multi-page pdf's on a daily basis at work. The File, Open command let's me choose a pdf file and select which pages to open in Illustrator. It even has the option of opening them as links. This is great! Now, would it be possible to have Illustrator create artboards and populate them with pages from the pdf file? Perhaps through a dialog box? Thank you for your time!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Default Artboard Position

When you create a new Adobe Illustrator document the Default Position of the Artboard should not be in the center it should be in the upper left corner with a little margin top and left.

At least give us the option to choose if we like a default center or upper left corner artboard position.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to change resolution when setting pixels as a unit

I use Illustrator for UX design, and thus I use pixels for the dimensions. However, the resolution of most modern screens, in mobile phones, and other devices, is not the default 72 ppi. Thus, when I switch between units, the pixel size does not equal what I get in millimeters. (For usability issues, e g mm based letter height is crucial.)

I know Photoshop is more of a pixel oriented tool, but doing vector graphics and using Illustrator is an advantage in terribly many places. (There is a reason for Sketch being a popular replacement...) Adding a way to customize…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Position elements relative to artboards.

Since several improvements to artboards are in the pipeline, I think It would be worth considering positioning elements relative to the top left corner of the artboard. I haven't found a good use for keyboard entry of x and y positions. Positioning elements relatively would make it relatively easy to maintain padding / grids across multiple artboards by entering an exact value.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base