Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could the Width Tool scale Pattern Brush tiles proportionately instead of squeezing them down distortingly?

Greetings!

I'm not sure, if this feature is already there (would be grateful for a response if it already is!). I googled, didn't find anything. it's also too many keywords...

So. The width tool can varyingly alter the width of a stroke to which a pattern brush is applied to. What I have been strugglinh with, is that, the width tool only squeezes the pattern tiles perpendicular to the spine of the stroke, and this distorting the proportions and original composition of the pattern tile itself.

Is there a way to perhaps, distort the tiles in a way that they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add and remove Hunspell dictionaries in different languages as in InDesign - PLEASE...

Please add support for Hunspell dictionaries in Illustrator. Users from countries which languages aren't supported feel discriminated, because we pay the same price for the software as the others.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add and remove Hunspell dictionaries in different languages as in InDesign - PLEASE...

Please add support for Hunspell dictionaries in Illustrator. Users from countries which languages aren't supported feel discriminated, because we pay the same price for the software as the others.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add and remove Hunspell dictionaries in different languages as in InDesign - PLEASE...

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When saving AI as a PDF the text disappears

When I save the AI file as a PDF on IPad the words seem to change to squares
    Why is that ?
    Please resolve the issue

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When saving AI as a PDF the text disappears

Why is that ?
    Please resolve the issue

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When saving AI as a PDF the text disappears

Why is that ?
    Please resolve the issue

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Vector Networks Like Figma Has

In illustrator vector shapes can only go in one continuous path. If you wanted to draw a cube, it would take 3 shapes, perfectly aligned and 12 points, 6 of which would overlap.
    In a vector network a point can have multiple branches meaning that a cube could be one shape, with only 7 points (see image).
    This feature would eliminate the need for complex shape overlays to create simple compositions, like a cube.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto spell check occasionally not working

I turn on the auto spell check always. However I still found out some typo mistake weren't underlined. I can still spot the spelling mistake by clicked into spell check function, but I cannot see the auto spell check is functioning well all the time.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add recent / frequently used Scripts

I have some scripts that I use frequently. How great would it be when Ai remembers what I like to use, and add it to a recents list (just like Ae).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improved handles and anchor points to work symetrical and precise

I think Illustrator needs to add the ability to lock handles to be symmetrical and to edit their value and angle. There are workarounds for symmetrical work, but it could be way easier and user-friendly. Even coral draw has some neat functions to edit vector paths, though it's a worse software.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved handles and anchor points to work symetrical and precise

I think Illustrator needs to add the ability to lock handles to be symmetrical and to edit their value and angle. There are workarounds for symmetrical work, but it could be way easier and user-friendly. Even coral draw has some neat functions to edit vector paths, though it's a worse software.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved handles and anchor points to work symetrical and precise

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Gestion des lignes et contours sur iPad

Bonjour,

Si une chose manque sur iPad c’est la gestion des lignes et des contours. Une autre chose serait bien à ajouter, c’est la peinture dynamique.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tableau

Choisir le nombre de rangée et colonne ainsi que la taille (cm) souhaitée comme le logiciel sur ordinateur, afin de créer un tableau

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Adobe Stock Images and Vectors avialable to earlier versions of the app.

Remember there are a lot of people that use Creative Cloud but are limited by the equipment they are using. The latest version of Illustrator I can use on my computer is 2019 and when I try to save or open a vector from Adobe stock I am informed that I need the latest version to continue. This is not possible. If you wish to offer free images/vectors make sure they are free and accessible to other versions other than the latest. Please do not increase user frustration by misleading what is available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shape Presets Built in and Integrated into Illustrator

Please add shape presets for common shapes such as donuts, pies, tear-shapes, double stars (stars with two different lengths of points), square stars, cloud shapes, trapezoids, double arrows, cogs, and crescents. This would streamline the process of creating flat vector icons if there were shape presets for these common shapes. The idea would be to add adjustable anchor points to preset versions of the shapes mentioned above that the user could adjust in the menu or control panel. For example, for the cloud shape, the two parameters could be the number of bubbles & the inner radius(the radius of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjust font size the same way as in Photoshop

Please make it possible to change font size using the same way you can do in Photoshop. "Hold-and-drag" mouse over the TT-button to left or right to increase/decrease font size.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding gradients to swatch groups

1) DESCRIPTION: Right now, we can set gradients as swatches, and we can set several swatches to go into a group. However, we cannot save gradients to a swatch group. But what if we could?

2) WHY IS THIS VALUABLE TO YOU?: Because, Adobe, why would you have "swatch groups" when you can't even put the different varieties of swatches in them?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base