When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. When exporting an image, using artboard, with a single artboard, don't change filename.

If save an image using "Export As" , and I select the "use artboards" (because I want the image to be of that size, and I only want to export one specific artboard of my file, It would be better if it didn't add to the file name (ie: the filename-01.png would be filename.png). This is because I find myself exporting each layer of the same artboard with a specific name (ex: characterarm.png, characterleg.png, etc) and I have to remove the "01"s manually.
    I understand that this feature is really useful when exporting all the artboards at the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Share for Review for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The color yellow has been removed altogether as a layer color, and has been replaced by Magenta color for Layer 5. This functionality is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

4. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

5. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Static Symbols the default, instead of Dynamic Symbols.

A new symbol is saved as "Dynamic" by default. Please make "Static" symbols the default. They are the "Standard" and should remain the default. It is the exception when I want a "dynamic" symbol.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keyboard shortcuts for Bold and Italic text

It would be useful if, while typing/editing text, there was a keyboard shortcut to add BOLD or ITALICS - highlight the word, hit CTRL + B to bold, for example.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Visible keyboard shortcuts for actions

In photoshop you can see the keyboard shortcuts for a created action right behind the action in the action-window. Why isn't this possible in illustrator?

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a search bar at the top that searches all menu items.

Ok, the Adobe menus have a LOT of menu items and features. You guys should create a search bar that searches all the menu items and features to make it easier to find things.

Microsoft has this feature in it's Office Suite and it is SUPER useful.

For example have a bar that asks the user "What are you looking for" They can type anything, for example "Alignment" and it would bring up the alignment menu. Or "pathfinder" will bring up a button for the pathfinder menu.

Think about it guys, would save EVERYONE who isn't a pro SO much…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest 2022 release has the Discover window that you can quickly call using F1 by default, which searches most if the commands available.
    Have you tried it? Please tell us how it differs from what you expect from the global search you have in mind? What is missing or can be improved?

11. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

12. Allow to set font-size by setting x-height and cap height

I very often create designs where I should have certain x-height.
    Now I have to achieve this using long workaround (I do it very quick now, but now quick enough, and its not actionable):
    1. Create copy of typed text with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F
    2. Outlining copy
    3. Finding symbol with flat top an bottom (x or X or similar)
    4. Choose Direct selection tool
    5. Shift+click chosen letter
    6. Deleting unwanted symbols from copy
    7. Scale outline of chosen letter 1000%
    8. Going outline mode (enlarged letter will probably take whole screen)
    9. Shift+click at live text behind letter
    10.…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am glad to remind all who voted for this feature that it is now possible to set a font size as x-height or cap height with Show Font Height Options toggle enabled in Character panel menu.

Some issues still remain, yes, like, wrong size calculation if a font has rounded stems that end below baseline (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44639661-font-height-options-misbehave-with-rounded-fonts), or inability to focus the dropdown with Tab (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41836618-font-height-options-tab-order), or calculating font height by measuring glyphs instead of reading the actual value within the font (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41615035-cap-height-setting-not-using-font-cap-height), but overall this is done, works, and super cool, don’t you think?

13. CMD - CMD + : Zoom to center screen as in Previous versions

In new versions, CMD + and CMD - Zoom to center of a selected object rather than always the centre of the screen.
    It would be great if the possibility to restore the old feature was given.

Thank you!

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

14. New artboard default to spacing set in Rearrange artboard panel

It would be useful if when you create a new artboard that the spacing between it and the previous one reflects the spacing you have defined in the 're-arrange artboards' panel.

Currently it defaults to something around 7/8mm which is annoying when you have artwork that spills over, as moving the artboard drags the artwork with it. I know you can turn that feature off, but the spacing defaulting to what you've already defined would still be very useful.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

15. Bring Radial, Mirror, Grid Repeats to Desktop Illustrator

We saw the radial pattern repeat function for the iPad version of Illustrator at MAX 2019, please bring this to the desktop version.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Repeats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Radial, Mirror, Grid Repeat objects are available in the latest desktop versions, 25.1 and higher.
    There are some improvements still to be made, and the team is aware of some of them.
    Please search for the related requests here on UserVoice forums or add new ones if you can’t find a suitable one.

16. Freeform gradient doesn't work with Recolor Artwork

There is no way to recolor the gradient points in the Freeform Gradient in Color Guide → Recolor Artwork. This is very problematic when you try to apply a color group to the gradient. It works very well with regular gradients, but not with freeform gradients. I think this needs an update or else it will be very time consuming to edit all the colors of a freeform gradient.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Properties Panel Lack of alignment on single object

Hello the new properties panel is good however if you select a single object there is no option to align that object, if you select more than one it comes up...

THis would be very handy on a single object

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Artboards to snap to the grid

I'm working on a heavily modular layout and the modules are snapping to the grid nicely. However when duplicating the artboard, the artboard will not snap to the grid.

This therefore throws the modules slightly off the grid as the Artboard position has to be matched by eye.

I've also downloaded and tried the CC 2019 pre-release and it still does not allow snapping of artboards to the grid.

Please fix this, thanks.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

19. Release / Cancel Image Trace

Let me back out of an image trace with ESC. Sometimes it just won't work and I need to back out. If I've tried a thousand different combinations and it still won't trace well then I have to delete the image or sit through all of my undo's and sometimes I run out of undo's. I need to be able to cancel the trace.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images

Add "Edit With" to the Illustrator menu when working with images! Indesign has this and it's very convenient. Its a no brainer to add it to Illustrator!!!!!!!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is done in one of the latest releases.
    Now the button in Control panel (and in Links panel menu) says ‘Edit in Photoshop’. You also can change it back to system defaults in Preferences > File Handling section.

InDesign has more options, that is true, so please comment back if you need a larger list — but please give a solid justification why :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base