Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

866 results found

1. Add URLs to objects in PDFs

Have the same functionality as InDesigner, where you can sign URLs to objects, making them interactive in PDF format. The current workaround of opening and adding the link in Acrobat isn't good enough - if you need to edit the illustrator file you then have to re-add all of the links!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. view problem

I have a problem when after updating my mac os to the latest up date high sierra while using adobe illustrator ( the vectors have scratches and it got fixed when I zoom in and out from illustrator). check the attached file it might help explaining my problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. All creative cloud document preview when applications are not running

Sorry for my Tarzan's english. On Mac Big Sur I'm suffering a lot because it's impossible to see documents preview with space bar when a file is selected. I need this feature with Illustrator and InDesign! Thank you. BTW: Art View doesn't works anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a way to resize an exported image with Export As method to a specific size, like Save for Web can

In the old "Save for Web" function (please keep it!) it was possible to resize "on the fly" the destination image (EG my file is 8000 px but I can save an exported version of 800 without opening and resizing afterwards)
    In the "Export as.." function none of this is possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to create a new document

I want to create a new document and not one from a template. Please add "Create New Blank Document".

I use this for mobile games and don't think it's fair I have to revert back to Legacy to just create a quick ai file to edit and go.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please Make a way to Undo Effects

It would help a lot if there was a way to reverse effects without using the undo button. I find myself many times regretting an effect I used and not being able to undo it because I saved and closed the file already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No longer can copy, the copy in a text box and paste it outside of illustrator I would like to see this fixed.

No longer can copy, the copy in a text box and paste it outside of illustrator I would like to see this fixed. Should be able to copy and paste it to any file if it is text and paste it elsewhere. It currently brings it over like an image

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A polygon option for a Pen Tool

Recently I've noticed that I'm missing one option – switching off the Bezier anchors by the pen tool. I would like to draw a continuously (joined) straight line, without accidentally changing it into a bezier curve. While drawing fast with a Wacom pen or with a mouse, it's easy to move the cursor before jumping to the next place and thereby, by accident pull the Bezier handle and proceeding a curve. I use Affinity Designer on iPad and there exists an option for the pen tool – a polygon. I'm looking for something similar that in Illustrator.

I woud…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator can not save with Apple SMB and show column preview on

Hi
    On Mac, Illustrator can not save with Apple SMB and "show column preview" turned on.

File says "Illustrator is unable to save this document... due to some unexpected errors"

Illustrator and photoshop, please change your code to work on Apple SMB. Apple confirmed they will not change their code to fix Adobe cross platform app issues saving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show slices names

I'm looking for a simple but very useful option for slices:
    "Show slice name"

Currently in setting of Illustrator there are only option:
    "Show slice numbers", - file attached.
    But it's doesn't give me anything actually.
    I've created names for each slice and I need to check these names visually, without need to select each slice and goto it slice settings..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator to Mobile

Mobile - We need a way to be able to open ai.files (or different formats from illustrator) and edit them in a mobile app.

e.g.: Right now I will need to change the background of a design everyday. In Illustrator it's easy, all I need to do is change background color export and voila.

However, if I can't find a solution to edit the background layer (or rectangle on top of it) on mobile. . . Adobe draw doesn't allow me to open ai.files or edit layer by layer. Can't really find a solution.

I'm surprised that with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Illustrator Internal Font Maker

I wanted to request Adobe Illustrator to be able to create and export a font file on its own. I know illustrator can export file types for font creation. I would love to not have to jump to other software to finish making a font as well as be able to make the font automatically be added to my library for use in other Adobe Cloud apps or share/upload to Stock.
    The reason I make this request is because I want to streamline the typography/font creation without struggling to export to other software. When I make fonts it's for use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Designers are being asked to design for new end user media

Creating ways to take my vector to 3D, for 3D printing, CNC plasma cutting, and new ways that are being asked for designers and artist to file share and work better together. Exporting my work for auto cad, and 3D software, plotters etc and simplify the paths. There is 2D and there is 3D cad. But as an artist I want to be able to take what I have done in Illustrator and evolve my work and output options to and material to the next level. CorelDraw was just a play toy program. But it looks like they have got…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Metadata on ASE

For me and many designers, color is an asset with information associated with it that I need to follow this asset as it moves from different design programs. With metadata attached to file, I would be able to utilize the features in InDesign and other programs to auto populate this information into text fields. Additionally if this metadata ASE file was a library shared between many users and the any of the tagged information on a color was changed, this update would shoot out to any documents using this color. It would reduce:
    -errors by relying on one source of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Which profiles should be used when viewing pdfs?

Hi, today I had a problem like this:

I created a pdf from an illustrator file, it was a montage of many labels only in black.

Then visualizing them with acrobat pro with "fogra 27" was perfect, but my service used "fogra 39" and the black was split into CMYK.

Then, by ripping the pdf to make the plates, black was displayed only in black.

Which profiles should be used when viewing pdfs?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Combine all Thumbnail Preview Options

There are multiple ways to remove thumbnail previews on the Layers, Appearance and Links palettes and these have to be set on every file.

As a huge drag on screen redraw performance, these should be a single option / button accessible without going into the prefs panel.

Perhaps with an opt-out tick box per palette to fine tune. For example: Users could have thumbs persist on the layers palette, while the others toggle on a button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CMYK Support for svgs - make use from the device-CMYK attribute

When opening an .svg File that got several device-cmyk Params set, i would love to choose (e.g. by popup) which colors i would like to use for the svg - the rgb colors set as a fill or the device-cmyk colors. It would make svgs printable

e.g. <circle fill="#CD853F device-cmyk(0.11, 0.48, 0.83, 0.00)"/>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. transform again tool glitch

In Adobe Illustrator, I use the transform again tool a lot during my day to day and seemingly recently, it hasn’t been affecting live or outlined type* when it will affect any other regular object. Has anyone come across this on their own or know how to fix it? It will continue to transform the text if you scale up or down as well repeating moves but when scaling objects to certain sizes using the guides and then replicating the same growth on the text object doesn’t work.

I’ve tried ungrouping, releasing the compound path, tried intersecting the shapes,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move "Share on Behance" and "Save for Microsoft Office" and add Quick Export

I do a lot of "rapid fire" exporting as I work mostly on card games in Illustrator. So a small change on 50-75+ cards requires me to (File, Export, PNG, Use Art Board, Overwrite, PNG Options, Ok) 50-75 times. Most annoyingly in this process, is when my hand slips and I click on Share on Behance or Save for Microsoft Office when I'm trying to Export. I think these options should be moved to their own category under "File" because I've never exported straight to Behance (I always export then upload separately if at all) and Save for Microsoft Office…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customize Export Formats

I use only two export formats on a regular basis. It would be nice if could disable the formats I don't use. It is cumbersome to have to scroll through all the formats every time I use them. In older AI versions, each format was like a plug-in file that could be removed if not being used. It would also be nice if individual formats could be assigned keyboard shortcuts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base