Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

863 results found

1. Combine all Thumbnail Preview Options

There are multiple ways to remove thumbnail previews on the Layers, Appearance and Links palettes and these have to be set on every file.

As a huge drag on screen redraw performance, these should be a single option / button accessible without going into the prefs panel.

Perhaps with an opt-out tick box per palette to fine tune. For example: Users could have thumbs persist on the layers palette, while the others toggle on a button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Trim View - Isolate to one artboard only

I like the option of "Trim View" to temporarily hide artwork that outside of my artboard. But when I have overlapping artboards and I try to use trim view on one of them Illustrator combines the area of the overlapping artboards and trims everything outside of that "merged" artboard. This defeats the purpose of using trim view for me. I would like trim view to isolate the artboard I'm working on and only that artboard. It would also be nice if the black lines showing the other artboard extents would also disappear when entering trim view for a single artboard.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move "Share on Behance" and "Save for Microsoft Office" and add Quick Export

I do a lot of "rapid fire" exporting as I work mostly on card games in Illustrator. So a small change on 50-75+ cards requires me to (File, Export, PNG, Use Art Board, Overwrite, PNG Options, Ok) 50-75 times. Most annoyingly in this process, is when my hand slips and I click on Share on Behance or Save for Microsoft Office when I'm trying to Export. I think these options should be moved to their own category under "File" because I've never exported straight to Behance (I always export then upload separately if at all) and Save for Microsoft Office…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Width tool feature

Hi

As you can see from the file the split in the lower right corner is much bigger than the rest. And I was told that that is because AI treats the starting point of an object different. This makes it difficult to make symmetrict shapes without a lot of extra work.

Therefor I was hoping this was something You could do something about in a future update

with best regards

Mikal Lindoe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Switching tabs doesn’t show the correct image in High Sierra

It’is absolutely impossible to work on Illustrator 2020. I have version 24.2, and there constantly switching tabs doesn’t work correctly. No matter what tab I've selected, I can only see 1 file. This happens randomly, and I have to restart the program to get the tabs to work properly again.

By the way, this is also observed in Photoshop 2020.

This bug is at least one year old. I don’t know how to fix it.

P.S. These screenshots are not mine (I don’t know how to cause this bug). But I have exactly the same situation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Undo feature do not apply to selected objects

Basically what the title says,

An ability to isolate objects or lock certain layers where the undo feature will not apply to.
    There have been a number of times where I start to work on a complex graphic with separate parts to it where I later realize I made a mistake on a piece i did earlier, so instead of saving the project, undo everything, save again and re import the previous saved file or other copy paste methods, we can just select the objects where the undo feature will not apply to, to keep the progress of the work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Isolation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The ability to add CSS code from the Generator to CC libraries

Hi there, I wanted to put in a feature request that would allow a designer to add CSS code from the generator to be added to CC libraries as a text file.

As a designer, I create elements for our dev team and they are able to take the CSS code I generate from my designs and integrate it into another product for web development. But it would be good to give them a CSS library folder where they can access the code for the designs. At the moment in my testing, it only creates a graphic of the text,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Renaming Slices for Easier Export

Since slices allow us to optimize to a set file size, we use sliced artboards at work to quickly create/export jpegs for the Google Display Network and for our sites. We've made the process pretty seamless with solid templates, but the only thing we haven't figured out how to do is rename the slices. The default is FileNameSliceNumber, but that slice number doesn't help us see the dimensions at a glance. If in our template we could rename slice "04" to "728x90" or whatever custom descriptor was necessary, we wouldn't need to manually change the slice name when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe fonts do not auto activate reliably. Constant issues with Adobe fonts activating properly.

Your product does not auto activate and integrate "Adobe Fonts" properly. Fonts constantly fail to load or activate from the Adobe fonts library.

When features like this are not available, you are selling us a product that does not work. Everyone paying for an adobe subscription should be refunded based on the value of the feature. I.e. we should all be refunded for the value of PANTONE color use your app lost... why are we constantly paying to subscribe to a suite of programs that does not live up to the features promised? Send me a letter when the class…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display Tablet : Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone, I'm an Illustrator user, I usually use the Adobe Illustrator, Evernote, Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for Cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a Cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.
    SO,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. bug: Screen turns black after choosing width tool

In between bugs I still try to make something in Illustrator, and now this happened:

1. I hit Shift + W on the keyboard to select the width tool.
    2. Instead of the width tool cursor, the cursor became a black rectangle.
    3. I noticed both the Selection tool and width tool were selected in the tools window.
    4. I dicided to click on an Anchor anyway, and the screen turned black. The video signal went off, monitor went on standby. The HDD/SSD light on the PC was flashing nonstop. PC did not respond to anyting (I think, but I could not see because…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opening menu customization workflow

As an option for those starting out with Adobe Illustrator, I would like to see you develop a master menu setup process to help me find all the tools I may need for my project. It could begin by asking me/allowing me to select from a list all the things I will want to do with a new project or a newly-opened image file, Adobe or otherwise.
    Those tools and options selected would appear in a dock-able menu window.
    Then, based on known user workflows of different experience levels, Illustrator could recommend additional tools and even tutorials for the different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add legacy menus and tools as a workspace

Please, please add legacy menus and tools as an option for a workspace. I have been using AI 3 for years on my old G5 and recently went to a new iMac and bought the full line monthly for all Adobe programs. Acrobat is so much better, PS is tolerable, but AI is near impossible! Everything has moved, the tools react differently and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find everything! Page setup is gone, I do a lot of Image Tracing (all the way back to when you needed that extra program to do it!)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Guías inteligentes Illustrator

(Español)Hola! Me gustaría que incluyeran en las próximas actualizaciones una manera que se puedan imprimir las guías inteligentes cuando creas un archivo Illustrator (ai.) y guardas como en (pdf.) Sin la necesidad de ir tirando lineas en el mismo documento que estás trabajando sobre las guías inteligentes. Con el fin de que se vean las guías inteligentes en el documento pdf. Espero que la incluyan, sería una gran mejora.
    (English) Hi, I would like to include in future updates a way that you can print out the Smart Guides when you create an Illustrator file (ai.) and save it as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Layer clipping mask (a bit like a paste-inside on steroids!)

I'd like to be able to convert a shape into a layer clipping mask which would then allow sub-layers to be created/converted so that they only remain visible within in the shape's boundary and would subsequently honour any sub-layer effects applied therein.

Why?

Well at the moment I have to expand any paths with effects applied to layers so that any effect is captured inside the clipping mask. This results in a destructive edit to my artwork and file duplication so that I can revert to the previous editable state when I need to make any changes.

Background:
    I regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scrollable tabs and more usable Layers panel

I would like if the Ai interface was less "cluttered" and "manual" to use.

Specifically, as in the case of having many tabs open than they fit in the viewport, I have to click on the double chevrons (>>) to only be able to open one file at a time. Rather, would you guys consider making it scrollable? Or have the Layers panel open like Adobe Xd (aids renaming and hiding/locking)?

As for a more "usable" Layers panel, I would appreciate if the panel could make it easier to name and select layers. For example, if I have an item…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Problem with Adobe Illustrator pressure on a Surface pro 7

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I am a graphic designer and an artist and I've always worked on Illustrator but after installing it to my Surface Pro the experience is ruined for me.

I cannot get a sharp line even if my life depended on it.

Basically the lines inside the box are the lines I'm getting, the single line outside of the box is what I should be getting but I'm not. It's like the pressure works but not on the low end as I can't make a line sharp, it always ends up like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 Plugin Photoshop thiet yeu cho nguoi moi dung

Photoshop thực sự quá hoàn hảo về tính năng nhưng lại khó tiếp cận có người mới, chính vì vậy những Plugin Photoshop xây dựng thương hiệu giúp giải quyết nhược điểm này, với những Plugin Photoshop cho người mới tiêu dùng sau đây sẽ là những dụng cụ chẳng thể thiếu cho cả các người mới cũng như những tay nhiếp ảnh nhiều năm kinh nghiệm hiện giờ.
    Plugin Photoshop là các dụng cụ bổ trợ cho Photoshop, giúp quý khách thao tác 1 công tác tốc độ hơn và thỉnh thoảng là khiến hộ người dùng một đôi…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CGM Import

Enable Ai to import CGMs that have Active X controls. I export CGMs from an IETM, but do not need to retain the embedded links within the CGM file. Allow Ai to import Active X CGMs and disable Active X. May want to display popup window stating Active X will be lost unless save imported CGM as a new file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base