Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or
  1. Switching tabs doesn’t show the correct image in High Sierra

It’is absolutely impossible to work on Illustrator 2020. I have version 24.2, and there constantly switching tabs doesn’t work correctly. No matter what tab I've selected, I can only see 1 file. This happens randomly, and I have to restart the program to get the tabs to work properly again.

By the way, this is also observed in Photoshop 2020.

This bug is at least one year old. I don’t know how to fix it.

P.S. These screenshots are not mine (I don’t know how to cause this bug). But I have exactly the same situation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add legacy menus and tools as a workspace

Please, please add legacy menus and tools as an option for a workspace. I have been using AI 3 for years on my old G5 and recently went to a new iMac and bought the full line monthly for all Adobe programs. Acrobat is so much better, PS is tolerable, but AI is near impossible! Everything has moved, the tools react differently and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find everything! Page setup is gone, I do a lot of Image Tracing (all the way back to when you needed that extra program to do it!)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Untie the Transform Patterns checkbox in General Options and Transform Effect dialog.

Sometimes (actually pretty often) it is necessary to alter a pattern size for one single object. So you go to Appearance -> Fill -> Effects -> Distort and Transform -> Transform and there you have checkboxes to chose whether to transform object or pattern or both and that is great.
    But once you have done this (for one single object) this setting changes the general Option under Preferences->General and this setting affects the entire app, not this file only and you must change it back each time. And that is not that great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow user to set type font and size, and keep it until selecting a different font and size

I think it would be great if the program “remembered” which type font and size I was working with before in the same file, and keep it that way until I change it. It would also be great to be able to set the type and size across the program if desired, and have it be saved that way until I change it to a different font/size. Because right now, it always automatically goes to the default font and size, which is inconvenient, especially since the default size is 48 point, which is HUGE.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Choose size of document when saving as PDF

It would be great if we could EXPORT .ai docs as PDF, like many have suggested, but also that when you do that, to choose the size the PDF file will have, like in Photoshop. I work on huge illustrations, and sometimes I need just a smaller PDF to share or print, and the workflow to do this is a hassle: save as pdf, open on photoshop, resize there, hope for the best, or open on acrobat, use the very flaky preflight fixes. please use the truckloads of CC subscription money to actually make the product better instead of only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Guías inteligentes Illustrator

(Español)Hola! Me gustaría que incluyeran en las próximas actualizaciones una manera que se puedan imprimir las guías inteligentes cuando creas un archivo Illustrator (ai.) y guardas como en (pdf.) Sin la necesidad de ir tirando lineas en el mismo documento que estás trabajando sobre las guías inteligentes. Con el fin de que se vean las guías inteligentes en el documento pdf. Espero que la incluyan, sería una gran mejora.
    (English) Hi, I would like to include in future updates a way that you can print out the Smart Guides when you create an Illustrator file (ai.) and save it as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Renaming Slices for Easier Export

Since slices allow us to optimize to a set file size, we use sliced artboards at work to quickly create/export jpegs for the Google Display Network and for our sites. We've made the process pretty seamless with solid templates, but the only thing we haven't figured out how to do is rename the slices. The default is FileNameSliceNumber, but that slice number doesn't help us see the dimensions at a glance. If in our template we could rename slice "04" to "728x90" or whatever custom descriptor was necessary, we wouldn't need to manually change the slice name when…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The ability to add CSS code from the Generator to CC libraries

Hi there, I wanted to put in a feature request that would allow a designer to add CSS code from the generator to be added to CC libraries as a text file.

As a designer, I create elements for our dev team and they are able to take the CSS code I generate from my designs and integrate it into another product for web development. But it would be good to give them a CSS library folder where they can access the code for the designs. At the moment in my testing, it only creates a graphic of the text,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disappearing Blinking Cursor | User Interface

This was previously listed as COMPLETED for "Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor", but the fact is that this issue is STILL occurring.

Can you all please fix this blinking cursor issue? This has been happening for a while now and it still hasn't been fixed. Some people have suggested that resetting the preferences fixes this issue, but resetting the preferences does NOT fix the issue.

It seems to occur when you change the "User Interface" color to either the lightest grey or the 2nd to lightest grey (see attached file).

When you change your User Interface to one…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. bug: Screen turns black after choosing width tool

In between bugs I still try to make something in Illustrator, and now this happened:

1. I hit Shift + W on the keyboard to select the width tool.
    2. Instead of the width tool cursor, the cursor became a black rectangle.
    3. I noticed both the Selection tool and width tool were selected in the tools window.
    4. I dicided to click on an Anchor anyway, and the screen turned black. The video signal went off, monitor went on standby. The HDD/SSD light on the PC was flashing nonstop. PC did not respond to anyting (I think, but I could not see because…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracing with machine learning or something similar

My question is: Is there is any program or chance that the illustrator trace will use less points and be more accurate?
    I love using the illustrator and I love tracing pictures with hand, but sometimes I just don't have the time or the energy to do it manually and the available trace solution is just not 10/10 for die cut lines and sometimes logo recreations (when the customer can send only a 100x100 pixel file, because of reasons).
    If there was a chance you made something that would check, analyse, and learn from my (and other volunteers') manual tracings…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Problem with Adobe Illustrator pressure on a Surface pro 7

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I am a graphic designer and an artist and I've always worked on Illustrator but after installing it to my Surface Pro the experience is ruined for me.

I cannot get a sharp line even if my life depended on it.

Basically the lines inside the box are the lines I'm getting, the single line outside of the box is what I should be getting but I'm not. It's like the pressure works but not on the low end as I can't make a line sharp, it always ends up like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Layer clipping mask (a bit like a paste-inside on steroids!)

I'd like to be able to convert a shape into a layer clipping mask which would then allow sub-layers to be created/converted so that they only remain visible within in the shape's boundary and would subsequently honour any sub-layer effects applied therein.

Why?

Well at the moment I have to expand any paths with effects applied to layers so that any effect is captured inside the clipping mask. This results in a destructive edit to my artwork and file duplication so that I can revert to the previous editable state when I need to make any changes.

Background:
    I regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a recap history video feature

Procreate has this feature where you can download a recap video, which is bassically like a recap video of your work using your history simular to that of using a screen recording software well working on your stuff. Procreate is a smaller file and much cheaper but I want to be able to do all the same stuff and stay with you guys. I love your programs and I really don't want to switch program providers for my work. I feel like this feature could be applied to all the programs. I'm looking for it for illustrator but I could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Opening menu customization workflow

as an option for those starting out with Adobe Illustrator, I would like to see you develop a master menu setup process to help me find all the tools I may need for my project. It could begin by asking me/allowing me to select from a list all the things I will want to do with a new project or a newly-opened image file, Adobe or otherwise. Those tools and options selected would appear in a dock-able menu window. Then, based on known user workflows of different experience levels, Illustrator could recommend additional tools and even tutorials for the different…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Artboard preview in Save dialog

In the theme of "recognition over recall," it would be great if the Save dialog allowed you to preview artboards the way the Print dialog does. When I'm working fast I don't always remember to stop and jot down the numbers of the specific artboards I need to export, and it's annoying to have to exit the save dialog, find the numbers, go back to the save dialog, repeat any necessary steps such as setting file name and location, THEN enter my desired artboard number(s) before moving forward. Having the artboard preview as part of the save window would cut…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scrollable tabs and more usable Layers panel

I would like if the Ai interface was less "cluttered" and "manual" to use.

Specifically, as in the case of having many tabs open than they fit in the viewport, I have to click on the double chevrons (>>) to only be able to open one file at a time. Rather, would you guys consider making it scrollable? Or have the Layers panel open like Adobe Xd (aids renaming and hiding/locking)?

As for a more "usable" Layers panel, I would appreciate if the panel could make it easier to name and select layers. For example, if I have an item…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open with .... Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc.)

Much in the way that Adobe Acrobat allows you to 'Edit PDF' I need you to develop a similar capability for objects in Illustrator in order to open them and edit in Photoshop.

Currently linked objects can be opened in an editor or an embedded image could be unlinked so that it can be edited in a similar fashion. I'd like to see the approach taken with the generation of a temporary file used to enable short term editability that then gets brought back into the Illustrator document.

For example, when you have a lot of tiled basemap images. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add CSS color styling option to OpenType-SVG specification, so font colors may be altered in Illustrator

Currently, OpenType-SVG color fonts come with pre-defined colors.

To provide glyphs in different shades, additional stylistic sets need to be added to the font, bloating it tremendously.

I propose to add the ability to OpenType-SVG to have certain colors of a glyph being overwritten by the application (e.g. Illustrator), so text colors can be applied to a range of glyphs just like it's done with standard monochrome glyphs.

To do so, OpenType-SVG should be able to export a set of color reference names, referenced within the glyph's SVG. An application may then assign alternate colors to those color references, so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 Plugin Photoshop thiet yeu cho nguoi moi dung

Photoshop thực sự quá hoàn hảo về tính năng nhưng lại khó tiếp cận có người mới, chính vì vậy những Plugin Photoshop xây dựng thương hiệu giúp giải quyết nhược điểm này, với những Plugin Photoshop cho người mới tiêu dùng sau đây sẽ là những dụng cụ chẳng thể thiếu cho cả các người mới cũng như những tay nhiếp ảnh nhiều năm kinh nghiệm hiện giờ.
    Plugin Photoshop là các dụng cụ bổ trợ cho Photoshop, giúp quý khách thao tác 1 công tác tốc độ hơn và thỉnh thoảng là khiến hộ người dùng một đôi…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base