Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Paste and match style within illustrator

When copying from one text box with style A, then pasting into a text box with style B -- provide the ability to paste as style B in a single keystroke or step. Currently the default is to keep style A when pasting which requires an additional step to convert the style B.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unembed multiple images all at once

Be able to select multiple linked images in links palette and unembed them simultaneously.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is now possible to update several images at once in the latest Beta 28.1.0.100.

To do that, you can check the 'Unembed all selected images to this folder' option next to Unembed / Cancel buttons in the Unembed dialog.

Please try it and comment back if it works for you as expected (or not).

4. Photoshop Color adjustment

It would be great to have the same color adjustments than Photoshop (curve, hue&saturation, level etc...)

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. How come the measure tool does not snap to points?

Without snapping, measuring between points is not very accurate.
    It would be nice to be able to measure actual lengths of curves or sections of paths. It would make it easier to create diagrams with dimensions.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Batch relink to CC libraries

I would like to be able to select more than one CC library link in a document and batch relink, instead of having to go through and manually do each and everyone.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When exporting an image, using artboard, with a single artboard, don't change filename.

If save an image using "Export As" , and I select the "use artboards" (because I want the image to be of that size, and I only want to export one specific artboard of my file, It would be better if it didn't add to the file name (ie: the filename-01.png would be filename.png). This is because I find myself exporting each layer of the same artboard with a specific name (ex: characterarm.png, characterleg.png, etc) and I have to remove the "01"s manually.
    I understand that this feature is really useful when exporting all the artboards at the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Library Organization

I can't figure out a way to organize our cloud libraries. We are trying to make one library per client and having everything in chronological order can make it really hard to find icons and other elements that could be grouped by category. If we could drag them around to rearrange that would be great, if we could create little groups or folders of them like swatches that would be even better.

Thank You!

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share for Review for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide / disable unwanted fonts

There is a long list of fonts that I just don't use. There needs to be some way to hide fonts. Especially with all the fonts that get added, plus any fonts that the os has installed.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Layer Comps

Layer Comps like Photoshop but for Illustrator. If you do this, it should fix the problem of showing all the layers when I toggle the solo on and off. I love the solo but it would be nice if the solo remembered what layers were already off when I toggled the solo on. If this was try then when I toggle the solo off, the off layers should stay off.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Data merge like Indesign

It would be nice if you could have the data merge function like in Indesign so you can import .csv-files.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. where is the inner shadow effect?

Photoshop has it, InDesign has it, even Sketch has it. It's such a fundamental feature. Of course we can use some techniques to simulate the effect, but why Illustrator lacks the most basic function?

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The color yellow has been removed altogether as a layer color, and has been replaced by Magenta color for Layer 5. This functionality is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

15. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

16. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

17. Hide contents outside of a clipping mask from the selection tool

Contents outside of a mask boundaries are still visible from the selection tool, so i's often tricky to select other objects behind. It would be great to have an option to just see the boundary of the mask with the selection tool.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Boolean modes for Selection tool: Add / Remove instead of Invert with Shift only

If you drag Selection Tool while holding Shift over already selected objects it deselects them. This can be very frustrating in some cases, for example if you have to carefully select and delete multiple patches of overlapping shapes. Instad of just holding Shift and dragging a selection box multiple times and then deleting, you have to select, delete, select again, delete and so on.

It would be nice for Shift key to only add to selection without deselecting, and (for example) for Alt key - to only subtract.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tangent Constraint or Advanced snapping system

I work in Illustrator all the time and I ask my self why or how can I snap a line or a shape to the tangent of another shape like Autodesk AutoCAD's "Tangent Constraint", some say that I can start with the Line Segment tool and go from there building the shape, but this option will give me a limited movement and it's not practical like if we have a tangent constraint in Illustrator so we can build logos and shapes more easier and that will make illustrator go to perfection more and more.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base