1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4351 results found

1. Add motion blur effect

We have radial, gaussian, but no motion blur. Please, add one.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Minus Front on Grouped Objects

Allow for the pathfinder to operate on groups of objects as if the group were one object. Possibly its own pathfinder function. If I am working with a group it is understood that I want to work with those items as one object. However, when using the pathfinder to minus front, and the object below is part of a group it just deletes the entire group along with the portion of the top object that I wanted to get rid of. When would that be useful? This will also be posted as a bug, because that is how I view…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Flatten / expand clipping group, crop each object in it to the clipping path

It would be great to be able to convert a clipping mask into a crop.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In-line Graphics / Anchor Object to text ability (like InDesign)

Please allow in-line graphics in text paragraphs, so graphics will move along with the rest of the copy within text. I am working on a lot of signage/wayfinding and the rooms keep getting moved about. Arro symbols and toilet icons have to be positioned manually and it is VERY time consuming. I wish the original artwork had been created in InDesign! Thanks

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please share some real cases for this feature you had in your practice, which could have benefit greatly from having inline graphics. It will help the team to plan it and make it more useful for Ai users, than analogues we have in InDesign and Figma.

5. Ability to change layer visibility of linked files with Object Layer Options

Using linked ai documents in an Illustrator file is a great way to reduce the file load on the system, and also to work collaboratively. It would be nice to be able to toggle layers in placed psd and ai files in the same way that InDesign does (accessed via import options on place, or by right-click context menu).

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an Ungroup ALL feature on layer(s).

It would extremely useful being able to select the artwork on the layer and clicking an ungroup all option This would speed up prepress production especially when there are multiple grouped objects on a layer.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customize page sizes and templates on Home screen

On the new Home screen in Illustrator 23, there does not appear to be any way to customize the list of page sizes that appear in the "Create a new file" section (as shown in the attached screenshot), at least as far as I can tell.

Three of the sizes shown in this list (A4, Postcard, iPhone X) are ones that I rarely work in, and would be willing to select them from the Custom option when needed. On the other hand, I do frequently work in US letter and statement sizes, but there doesn't seem to be any way…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You cannot add a Free Form Gradient to the Swatch Panel

FREE FORM GRADIENT - The new feature in Ai CC 2019. You can create amazing gradients, however, you cannot save any free form gradient created to the swatch panel or the Cloud Library....why ?

Its a great feature, however, it makes for so much extra work if you want to use any free form gradient you create in one file, in another file or project in the future....it would be logical to be able to save this new style of creating gradients to the CC Library and to one's Swatch Panel.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Live Corners should be more live

It's too easy to "break" a live corner in Illustrator.

Compare how resilient a live corner is in Sketch versus in Illustrator. In Sketch, the original anchor point is available for manipulation no matter the corner rounding value.

In Illustrator, translating a rounded corner in any way is highly likely to expand it to a raw bezier curve.

Thus in Illustrator, if you want to edit your path at all, the best practice is actually to reduce all corner rounds to zero before making any edits. Then edit the path, and then restore the rounding values. To accomplish this, I…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Full Alignment Center Option

Instead of having two tools (Horizontal and Vertical Align Center), can we get a tool that does both in one called something like Fully Align Center. I've included an image of what the tool might look like.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I need an option to disable path segment reshape tool

Please! Let me disable path segment reshape tool, because the anchor tool is totally unusable because of it. It almost impossible to point on a vector, because every time the path segment reshaper gets in the way!

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right Click Menu Enhancements (Cut, Copy, Paste, Lock, Unlock, etc)

Can you please add simple tasks like "Lock / UnLock" and "Cut, Copy, Paste" to the the right-click menu? This would help speed up workflow and make illustrator more integrated with other Adobe products. I can right-click my mouse and quickly copy and paste in Indesign and even in Microsoft Word, but not in Illustrator? It's odd. Please consider fixing this. Thank you.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 【寸法ツール】オプション設定内への要望

Illustratorで簡易図面を描く事が多い為、Beta版で追加された「寸法ツール」はとても便利な機能となるはずなのですが、現状では重要な機能が足りておらず図面という用途では使用できません。

【要望1】「先端位置」の選択が寸法ツールオプション内で出来るようにして下さい。

現状では矢印のスタイルで「●(矢印21)」などを使用した際に、寸法補助線に対して線の芯に「●」の中心が配置されず、2本の寸法補助線の内側に収まる形で表示されてしまいます。

【要望2】単位選択時に、「単位自体は表示させない」というチェック項目を付けてください。

通常長さの寸法を入れる図面では、1つ1つの寸法線に単位は記載しません。数字だけを記載します。
    単位(㎜を使用するのかcmを使用するのかpxを使用するのか等)はアートボード全体で統一する為、1つ1つの寸法線に記載せず、1つのアートボードに対して「寸法の単位は㎜です」等を1カ所に記載する場合の方が多いです。
    ※ただし、直径(φ)・半径(R)・角度(°)の記号に関しては常時表示が必要です。

【要望3】寸法線に対する数字の位置改善を希望します。

寸法線の数字は縦線に対して線の左横、横線に対して線の上に配置されるのが望ましいです。改善、または選択可能にしてください。

以上3点の機能改善を期待しています。

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment inside, an ability to hide units for dimension objects is introduced in AI Beta build 28.3.0.47.

No more news so far on other parts of the request.

Speaking of which — if possible, please try to report/request one entry per post, to better track all the feedback. Thanks you for your participation.

14. Visible keyboard shortcuts for actions

In photoshop you can see the keyboard shortcuts for a created action right behind the action in the action-window. Why isn't this possible in illustrator?

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have a search bar at the top that searches all menu items.

Ok, the Adobe menus have a LOT of menu items and features. You guys should create a search bar that searches all the menu items and features to make it easier to find things.

Microsoft has this feature in it's Office Suite and it is SUPER useful.

For example have a bar that asks the user "What are you looking for" They can type anything, for example "Alignment" and it would bring up the alignment menu. Or "pathfinder" will bring up a button for the pathfinder menu.

Think about it guys, would save EVERYONE who isn't a pro SO much…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest 2022 release has the Discover window that you can quickly call using F1 by default, which searches most if the commands available.
    Have you tried it? Please tell us how it differs from what you expect from the global search you have in mind? What is missing or can be improved?

16. Japanese characters in Japanese fonts are misaligned in Vertical Text Alignment

Starting with v24.3, vertical text alignment is now available. This is a great feature we have been waiting for. However, characters in Japanese fonts are misaligned at the center and bottom, as shown in Figure-1.

This is probably due to the fact that the bottom edge of the character is used as the baseline.Maybe we need The Last Baseline option.It's a tough road. But the Illustrator team can make it happen, I am sure of it.

Japanese:
    v24.3より、垂直方向のテキスト配置が利用できるようになりました。これは待ち望んでいた素晴らしい機能です。しかし、日本語フォントの文字は、Figure-1に示すように、中央揃えと下揃えの位置がずれてしまいます。
    これは、文字の下端をベースラインとしていることが原因と思われます。末尾ベースラインオプションが必要かもしれません。大変な道のりです。しかし、Illustratorチームはそれを実現できる、私はそう確信しています。

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Clear / Delete from Recent files

As you know, Illustrator keeps exported images in the File > Open Recent Files list.
    So if I export 20 TIFs from a single document — they will all will be listed there.

This is dumb, and there are multiple requests to stop this:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests?query=recent%20files

There are also requests to be able to clear that list (guess why there is a need for this).

But we should also be able to remove positions from the list one by one.
    Use cases:
    1. I renamed a file and now I can’t open it via this menu
    2. I moved the file…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

19. Isometric (triangular) grid

Please give us the option to display an isometric grid. Currently you always have to build one from scratch wich can be very tiring ...

Given the fact that isometric drawings have gained quite some popularity and you see them rather often on websites, it would be nice to have better tools to create these graphics, among them a proper grid.

Gravit Designer already has such an option:

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to set font-size by setting x-height and cap height

I very often create designs where I should have certain x-height.
    Now I have to achieve this using long workaround (I do it very quick now, but now quick enough, and its not actionable):
    1. Create copy of typed text with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+F
    2. Outlining copy
    3. Finding symbol with flat top an bottom (x or X or similar)
    4. Choose Direct selection tool
    5. Shift+click chosen letter
    6. Deleting unwanted symbols from copy
    7. Scale outline of chosen letter 1000%
    8. Going outline mode (enlarged letter will probably take whole screen)
    9. Shift+click at live text behind letter
    10.…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am glad to remind all who voted for this feature that it is now possible to set a font size as x-height or cap height with Show Font Height Options toggle enabled in Character panel menu.

Some issues still remain, yes, like, wrong size calculation if a font has rounded stems that end below baseline (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44639661-font-height-options-misbehave-with-rounded-fonts), or inability to focus the dropdown with Tab (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41836618-font-height-options-tab-order), or calculating font height by measuring glyphs instead of reading the actual value within the font (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41615035-cap-height-setting-not-using-font-cap-height), but overall this is done, works, and super cool, don’t you think?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base