When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe color themes bug

The "Open Color Themes Panel" button in Swatches opens a broken panel that cannot be resized to see it's web view. It can only be resized vertically. Seems like it went unchecked and shipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic coloring of an inactive element (fill/stroke of shape/text etc.) with RMB (or LMB+modifier keys like Shift, Alt or Ctrl)

Automatic coloring of an inactive element (fill/stroke of shape/text etc.) when you press RMB (or LMB+modifier keys like Shift, Alt or Ctrl) on the color in 'Color', 'Swatches', etc panels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I just think the Pantone no. can be changed to any name, sometimes it is quite a trouble to a designer

I just think the Pantone no. can be changed to any name, sometimes it is quite a trouble to a designer. Some Customers need accurate Pantone color instead of CMYK.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. a bug in gradient tool when applied to text

hi,
    New is illustrator is great in many ways but i have found one bug* or intentional modification by adobe.

it is nice to see live preview of gradient as it is being applied.. for the objects, gradient tool works fine as intended but when it is applied to text, it is buggy, i think.
    once mouse is clicked for applying gradient, after setting colors in gradient panel and new fill from appearance panel, text vanishes entirely, not allowing to see the gradient. once mouse is released, text with applied gradient appears. it is annoying.
    Check video to understand better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simple Color Swap in entire document by selecting two global swatches

It would be wonderful if possible to swap global swatches by selecting two swatches and swap them in the entire document. The same way it it already possible to merge them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have swatch tooltips show actual CMYK or RGB values

I'd like the swatch tooltips to show the actual CMYK/RGB/HSB etc. values instead of the user created name. Or, at least have the "Name with Color Value" checkbox, like InDesign does.

In a document where i have numerous color values that can sometimes be one percentage point of difference from another, this would be helpful in grouping them and then merging those near identical colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recent Colors, Colors Normalization, Color Auto-Palette

I'd love for 2 new swatches to become available, and a new feature. The first swatch would be "recent colors" and be auto-generated, showing similar colors grouped. It would have the option to auto-merge similar colors together, and also the ability to adjust 1 color and have it change instances of that color in the art. The second swatches would be an auto-generated group called a "palette/scheme" and this would make it easy to copy color for various css code

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Search field in Graphic Styles palette

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles a lot. They let me give names to anything from flat fills to complex appearance stacks with multiple fills, strokes, and effects.

But once I've loaded in the styles for a full page, with multiple characters, background parts, and whatnot, the Graphic Styles palette starts to get pretty unwieldy. The attached screenshot is the entire height of my laptop screen; note how small the slider handle is!

I've put effort into giving all of these sensible names. It'd be lovely to be able to use that by having a search bar at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A remotely usable gradient tool...

Let say I have a colour I want to use in a creative clould library. I want to use it as a base colour for a gradient, maybe I'll fade up to slightly lighter at the top. Not sure yet, I'm designing something, so I want to experiment when I work. I haven't decided on what colours to use yet, you know, because I'm designing. So what's the workflow to tell Illustrator about the gradient.

The current user experience.....

1. Select the object

2. Set the fill colour to gradient

3. Change the direction to vertical. (How often does anybody ever need a…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Metadata on ASE

For me and many designers, color is an asset with information associated with it that I need to follow this asset as it moves from different design programs. With metadata attached to file, I would be able to utilize the features in InDesign and other programs to auto populate this information into text fields. Additionally if this metadata ASE file was a library shared between many users and the any of the tagged information on a color was changed, this update would shoot out to any documents using this color. It would reduce:
    -errors by relying on one source of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clicking on swatch in PMS Color panel jumps down to list

So I am using a pantone color swatch book panel in Illustrator and I'll be at the top of the list and I'll click on a swatch color to change a shape's color and for some reason when I click on the swatch, it will jump down near the bottom or middle of the list so I'll have to scroll back up and click on the swatch again. It get's really tedious especially when I have to change a lot of colors or I have to go and search for a while for the pantone color again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Swatch Name

I would like to see the swatch/color name displayed next to the fill/stroke under the search bar in the color pallet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a search bar in the swatch pallet for color books

I would like to be able to search swatch books from the swatch menu. This could be implemented globally for various search items, menus, tools, etc. (Similar to Photoshop's new search function.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase size of Gradient stops boxes (too small for older eyes)

Ideally the gradient stop boxes would be a little larger. When working with many gradients, it's time consuming trying to hit that little box to change a color. I'm aging, so my bad, but even slightly larger would be wonderful.

Thank you,
    Lori

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. stroke and fill select

It would be great if AI took into account the attributes of an object and flipped the stoke and fill palette default accordingly automatically. If I have a circle that is filled blue and I want to change it, I would like AI to recognise the blue fill on selection and switch the fill palette to the default and vice versa for a stroke only object as it is more likely that I want to change that attribute than anything else. I find this very frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Global Swatches for Imported Files

When opening Illustrator files saved in other programs (Rhino, AutoCAD, etc), the default swatches never show up (probably because it was made in an outside program). It would be an immense timesaver if we could have those swatches (or even a user defined swatch) automatically populate the swatch panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have found effects and transparency to be problmatic

I have found effects and transparency to be problematic in the past for print, and svg unless you convert the graphic to raster. Which then defeats the benefits of vector.

What if you had a feature that could take the colors used in the effect or transparency and convert that to a basic gradient. "convert effect to gradient" or "convert transparency to gradient"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Larger Stroke/Fill selector in Swatch panel

It is extremely difficult to choose the between the Fill and Stroke selector in the Swatch panel., especially on Retina displays. Please give us the option to make it larger, as seen in my attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unify Fill tool + gradient tool under properties(appearance)

Now we have 3 "ways" or windows to pick color from which is confusing.Unify everything under same roof like in other design apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base