1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. color swatch meta fields assignment feature

please add a few extra fields to give greater depth to the swatches
    i noticed that you have nicely chosen names like history etc for the theme swatch libraries yet when i go to create a new swatch the panel does not give me the option to attach a meta descriptor tag cloud to the color swatch, think about how this feature works on full images in the bridge. how excellent this would be at the swatch level. we could search for swatches by meta tag, i could see a dedicated program for using a eye dropper tool and assigning…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Swatches not naming properly vs document color mode

I create my document in CMYK but when I open my swatches the first time (I have done no copying or pasting into the document or anything to mess with any color settings), they are CMYK blends with RGB names. Why is it doing that and what can I do to fix it?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem Illustrator 24 does not support the old PANTONE libraries

I tried to follow your guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html, that I always used to insert the old PANTONE libraries and have a conversion to CMYK instead of LAB and in this version it doesn't work.

I contact the online chat and they replied that this thing with ILLUSTRATOR 24 is no longer supported, and it is absurd.

I also tried to install the prereleas 24.0.1 but it doesn't work.

I can't work without this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why This

Why White color on White Background. Please changer This

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Syncable Color Swatch/Palette Library

it would be nice to have one library with different categories.. you update it once and see it in every illustrator file!
    this would be very useful for personal use but also in teams, somewhat like a kuler for illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include Photoshop's Gamut Warning feature

Photoshop has a great feature that, in the color picker, greys out any colors unavailable in CMYK. This makes choosing appropriate colors for a project much faster and easier. It would be nice if Illustrator had this same functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Merge swatches with right-click

In InDesign you can right-click in the swatches panel and select 'Merge Swatches' (among many other things).

In Illustrator there is no right-click menu at all, you have to click the fly-out.

Adding the right-click menu (or even the ability add a keyboard shortcut to things in the fly-out) would be helpful as we get a lot of files with duplicate colors or need to convert odd mixes/incorrect names to true Pantones so our rips will recognize them. We do a lot of merging.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable multiple paint bucket selections at once

I use the paint bucket feature quite a bit on architectural drawings. One area of every drawing I work on has thousands of very small areas ... and I currently have to zoom in to make sure I fill every tiny closed area. It would be great if I could select a whole area (that included hundreds of smaller closed areas that I wanted to paint all the same color) ... and then color them all at once. This would save me (my company) 100 hours a week or more. Hope you can add this feature!!

Mike

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Batch import of .ase files directly to the swatches palette

For example, if I have a dozen .ase files from different colleges, opening them one by one and adding them to my swatches takes time. I'd rather put them into a folder and have Illustrator import them all. Having them import as Color Groups should be kept.
    I'd like to be able to do this.
    Swatches > Open Swatch Library > Other Library > [folder name]
    Every .ase file in that folder should open up/be imported in my swatches palette. Bam! I'm done!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Black Swatch really Black in RGB mode

An old annoyance: in many occasions, in RGB Document mode the Default Black Swatch is not black, but 15,15,15 gray.
    This problem shows up in every new version.
    Please make sure that when a document is in RGB mode, the Black and White swatches are 0,0,0 and 255,255,255 - just as we may expect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "View colors as Word"

Adobe apps and Office do not play well together.
    Even in RGB graphics in Illustrator don't translate well in Word. Can there be a "View As..." option to show how Word will translate them?
    Or....ORRRRRRRRRRR....(this is what SHOULD happen...)
    Everyone jump on Microsoft and bully them into adding a CMYK color space to Word/Office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customize Default Swatches

Give users the ability to customize the default swatch library that is automatically added to every new file. The current selection of default swatches can't be changed, and the user should have control over this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change conversion of black when going from RGB to CMYK

Please change the default behavior when converting a file from RGB color space to CMYK color space to make RGB black convert to 100% black. Currently and for years, Illustrator converts it to a rich black, with high values in each ink. It's very common to have to take artwork created in RGB and covert it to CMYK for print, and the default conversion for black is never usable. Please make it practical and have 0,0,0, RGB black convert to Cyan 0, Magenta 0, Yellow 0, Black 100.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gradient annotator as a palette and snap to gradient points

Allows you to then retain the annotator when dragging guides or other objects, and using other tools. Could work in a similar way to the Tabs palette.

Also it would be really useful if you could snap objects or guides to the gradient points on the sliders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Disable CC Libraries in Illustrator

I would like the option to Disable the use of Libraries in Illustrator.

I can close the panel but every time I create a new colour swatch the panel reappears. This isn't helpful for the way I work so I'm looking for a way to turn off this feature.

As I am self employed and don't collaborate with others, all my colours are saved within the document they are relevant to which is why I would like to turn off this feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cross-Colorspace Swatches

It's industry standard to define brand colors in more than one colorspace. Usually you have at least PMS, CMYK and RGB definitions of each brand color you're deploying.

I'd love it if Illustrator (or the whole CC suite, as a matter of fact) would help this routine, like this:

Let's have a new swatch type: Cross-Colorspace Swatch. This special swatch type would enable the designer to define variations of the color in any/all color spaces, inside that one swatch definition.

Instead of defining say three different swatches, you would define one, saying: "This is Brand color 1. In cmyk colorspace…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Freeform Gradient Save swatch option

The new freeform gradient option is awesome addition to Adobe. However, it would be extremely convenient to be able to save our freeform gradients.

Also, it seems to have issues editing as well. Can we please revisit this and troubleshoot the issues?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wait for the #Color Code to finish

I sometimes look up # Color Codes and want to type them in Illustrator. Every time I start typing and click again in another window, Illustrator just fills in the #Code with some '0' and I need to retype the code again. Why dont just let Illsutrator wait for the User to type the code completely? If the user has not typed in 6 letters, the "ok" button would be inactive until the user has finished the code.
    This is very annoying because filling in the 'missing' letters may be good for the software, but is not really user friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save Gradient Swatches

Gradient swatches should be able to be saved in CC libraries and moved across products.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow gradient swatches to be added to CC library

It's great to have colors in the cc library but why can't those colors be gradients too? Please allow us to add gradient swatches to the cc library. Thanks

505 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  101 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base