When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discard all Overprints

I work specifically in digital prepress for POP displays, and never use overprinting at all. Removing overprinting from a document can be a hassle as I work with documents that almost always contain a mix of solid objects, linked raster images and other things. I consider myself extremely lucky when I find a document that I can easily remove all overprints from in one go

Illustrator already has a "Discard white overprints" in the document setup (although I rarely use this menu). We should either have a menu option to remove all overprints from a document, or at least an…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Freeform gradients to grayscale

It would be awesome if we could convert freeform gradients to grayscale just like with a normal gradient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recolor Artwork flip 2 colors

I want to quickly flip 2 colors within a multi-colored design.

Lets say I have Object A (RED) and Object B (Blue) I want A to be Blue and B to be red. I try to find tutorials about it but couldn't find any. I have tryed everything in recolor artwork but its not possible to switch simply two colors (withing a multi-colored design, large file to see different color options quickly)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Select All Unused Key Command

Hello,

It would be very useful if custom key commands could be applied to palette commands. Specifically, I would love to create a key command for "Select All Unused" in the swatches palette drop-down menu. It currently requires a click in the palette, scroll down to select the command, clicking the garbage can in the palette then clicking (or enter/return) to confirm that you want to delete unused swatches. Some days I convert hundreds of files swatches from Pantone to CMYK then to RGB. A key command would speed this up dramatically!

Thank you!
    User since Illustrator 88!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow to add dithering to gradients

We have banding when printing gradients from exported TIFF-files.

I have to open them in Photoshop, search a way to select areas with gradients and apply noise in channels needed.

I can apply Grain effect to gradients where I need, but this makes everything run very slow.

What if you add dithering as an option to gradient swatch? or to fill?
    So it could be displayed in screen space, applied to current level of zoom, and would export as raster images as well? without slowing down?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drop shadow can't use global color swatches

Drop shadow's color can be set to global swatch, but is doesn't stick to the effect, it only got sampled. So when you change your global swatch, shadow remains colored with previous color.
    Please, make Drop shadow and other raster effects use global swatches for real.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update pantone libray please

As a paying customer Adobe shoul update the new Pantone library without purchasing it from pantone!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ********** Tolerance Preferences

Please allow the ability to save (or remember) ********** Tolerance Prefs. When I change it from 20 to 1, I want it stay that way the next time I open it, and not have to change it every time. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the free form gradient tool can you allow each circle to be smaller for more detailed illustrations?

This free form gradient tool is my favorite update of all time. But I'd like to be able to have more detail and control. The circles are too big to allow for this and it really limits the tool.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eyedropper invert ticks with key

It would be really useful to hold a key with eyedropper to either sample everything, invert ticks, or invert true/false of including "Appearance" .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color picker

Can you make the color picker have an eyedrop tool that can select any color on the screen when you double click the swatch. Similar to Photoshop. Also have the default in any way you reach a color picker be hexidecimal so it is easier to copy and paste the color to other programs, etc. It defaults in this section, but I cannot select any color on the board while this is open.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Freeform gradient points to leave boundaries

In the freeform gradient tool if points are dragged outside of the boundaries it deletes the point. Instead I think it would be better if the points worked outside boundaries to allow for smoother gradients.

See example on how a freeform gradient would appear if points could used outside of the borders (you can currently do it by using a clipping mask but it would be easier if it was built into the tool)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please bring back Kuler.

Please bring back Kuler. I loved that feature and used it all the time to create themed palettes. Now I have to jump through hoops to find themed color palettes and I never have quite the same success as with Kuler. I am mystified about why it was taken away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sampling colors outside of Illustrator (eyedropper)

Getting color from the outside windows through the dripping tool is not working on new internet browsers. (Chrome, Edge ...)
    There is a problem when trying to get color samples through new internet browsers.

Sometimes it works on Internet Explorer.

It still works on the desktop and some other windows.

Test system:
    Illustrator 2018 64 Bit
    Windows 10 64 Bit

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2460261#

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. problema con editar colores volver a colorear

Buen dia al Editar colores en un documento ya creado anteriormente al cambiar los colores doy ok y al volver a abrir y revisar los porcentajes de color no se cambian y siguen como antes repito y sigue por favor cual será la solución gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Additional transparency feature to Gradient Tool

Would be nice if the Gradient Tool would function more like the one in photoshop.

Mainly the ability to set different opacity values separately from the colour values. Not once I found myself changing my gradient shades in order to get the required transparency effect.

In addition, it would be nice to have the variant gradient selection photoshop offers, such as Radial, Reflective, and Diamond.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shiftキーを押してもグラデーションが垂直固定されない。

Shiftキーを押しながらグラデーションをかける際、垂直固定されない。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Points on Freeform gradient do not snap.

Points on freeform gradient should be allowed to snap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Another way to colorize our illustrations.

As we all know, Adobe Flash is no longer part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. But there is one very useful feature of Flash that should be part of Adobe Illustrator and that is the way that we where able to colorize vectors on Flash.
    With Illustrator we can put a color inside an object, but if i want to put some colours into a surface between some handdrawned vectors that crosses I can't do it.

Even the way that we were able to select a part of a vector when they crossed each other.

Those were very practical ways…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base