1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. "Apply to all" check boxes

Please add an "apply to all" check box to the "embedded profile mismatch" pop-up. It is incredibly time consuming to click the box for every link in a document, especially when there are many.

Please also add an "apply to all" check box to the "Photoshop Import Options" pop-up so the same settings can be applied quickly to multiple links when embedding.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Freeform Gradient 0% Opacity Option

The freeform gradient is a wonderful tool but it would be more robust if the gradient points can be put to 0% opacity so there's a nice fade. At the moment, the point disappears if you bring the opacity down to zero.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Temporarily disable selection handles while changing color

When I'm changing an object's color, its selection outline and other debris like "live corner" markers get in the way of previewing the color change.

I usually have to deselect the object to see if the change "worked" with the rest of my design. It's a tedious workflow.

Illustrator should temporarily turn off these markers while I'm changing the color.

Every other drawing app does this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Wait for the #Color Code to finish

I sometimes look up # Color Codes and want to type them in Illustrator. Every time I start typing and click again in another window, Illustrator just fills in the #Code with some '0' and I need to retype the code again. Why dont just let Illsutrator wait for the User to type the code completely? If the user has not typed in 6 letters, the "ok" button would be inactive until the user has finished the code.
    This is very annoying because filling in the 'missing' letters may be good for the software, but is not really user friendly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Color Codes for all colors in a file

I often have to put together style guides and have to manually (literally by hand) write down each color's codes for CMYK, RGB and HEX from Illustrator down onto a sheet of paper and then type those into the InDesign file for the style guide's color section.

It would be super helpful to be able to export a report for all of the colors used in a file and be able to see the RGB/HEX codes and the CMYK codes for each (depending on what the document color mode is set to)

Example:
    Color 1:
    CMYK 100, 100, 100, 100…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please update to allow newer Pantone swatches to be usable.

For years Pantone's new colors have been released, yet I can't upload those books into Illustrator. So for years I've been able to see colors I can't use. Super frustrating. I use the Coated Color Bridge book in spot and cmyk. If I'm doing something wrong, PLEASE enlighten me!

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Color Picker live preview!

When i choose color with color picker there is no live preview. I have to click OK to view selected color and if I don't like it, have to do all this again. Do it as it is in Photoshop.

160 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Simplify the Color Panels

Why are there so many different panels in Illustrator for working with colors? The color-making panels in InDesign are so much simpler than Illustrator. It's super cumbersome and reminds me of trying to design something in MS Word. Simplify please. Make it like InDesign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Custom Brick Offset Values in Pattern Maker

The 9 fractions included in Brick Offset are not always enough to align patterns properly. When bricking a pattern, to achieve the acquired random look of a pattern, paths may need to be repeated just so it evenly fits within one of the fraction presets. The fractions are sometimes only off by a slight degree, that would be perfectly symmetrical if one were allowed the ability to adjust their own decimal chosen. Part of the confusion may also stem from complex patterns where they are difficult to update, as well as sorted fractions where Illustrator otherwise uses decimals. By size…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. colour changing options

Hi, I was wondering if there is anything I can set up in illustrator so I can... type a sentence and each letter in the sentence be one of 6 different colours so if it was to say... Mrs Barrington the letters would be

M- red
    r - yellow
    s - green
    b - pink
    a - purple 

r - orange
...etc

I have looked on google several times and can't see anything saying it already has this capability? At present, I use the eyedropper to change each individual letter!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Select All Unused Key Command

Hello,

It would be very useful if custom key commands could be applied to palette commands. Specifically, I would love to create a key command for "Select All Unused" in the swatches palette drop-down menu. It currently requires a click in the palette, scroll down to select the command, clicking the garbage can in the palette then clicking (or enter/return) to confirm that you want to delete unused swatches. Some days I convert hundreds of files swatches from Pantone to CMYK then to RGB. A key command would speed this up dramatically!

Thank you!
    User since Illustrator 88!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Eyedropper tool usable in Color Picker dialog, which can pick colors from everywhere

Can you make the Color Picker have an Eyedropper tool that can select any color on the screen when you double click the swatch? Similar to Photoshop.

Also have the default in any way you reach a color picker be hexadecimal so it is easier to copy and paste the color to other programs, etc. It defaults in this section, but I cannot select any color on the board while this is open.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Discard all Overprints

I work specifically in digital prepress for POP displays, and never use overprinting at all. Removing overprinting from a document can be a hassle as I work with documents that almost always contain a mix of solid objects, linked raster images and other things. I consider myself extremely lucky when I find a document that I can easily remove all overprints from in one go

Illustrator already has a "Discard white overprints" in the document setup (although I rarely use this menu). We should either have a menu option to remove all overprints from a document, or at least an…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. a bug in gradient tool when applied to text

hi,
    New is illustrator is great in many ways but i have found one bug* or intentional modification by adobe.

it is nice to see live preview of gradient as it is being applied.. for the objects, gradient tool works fine as intended but when it is applied to text, it is buggy, i think.
    once mouse is clicked for applying gradient, after setting colors in gradient panel and new fill from appearance panel, text vanishes entirely, not allowing to see the gradient. once mouse is released, text with applied gradient appears. it is annoying.
    Check video to understand better.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Scale pattern not object

I was on the Ai help desk with Nikhail, and he told me to write to you - I do surface pattern design and you are supposed to be able to use the shortcut of S and ~ to scale pattern and not an object. But it pulls up the Pen tool for me. We reinstalled latest CC and he worked on it for a long time to no avail. HELP! Otherwise you have to go through like ten steps to transform pattern and not object, everyone else in my class seems to be successful - I must have a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In illustrator, you can't add a stroke to an image file. But when you click on an image, it shows the option to select a stroke colour/size

In illustrator, you can't add a stroke to an image file. But when you click on an image, it shows the option to select a stroke colour/size

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to turn off swatches automatic naming by color

Swatches get named by the color code automatically. This ends up conflicts with swatches with same color definition. Even in preview mode in global swatch I get message that same name exists. Really annoying and I have to name swatch 'asdfasfdasdf' mostly.

Suggestion: Option turn off naming by color, but name like swatch 1, swatch 2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Eyedropper automatically adds colour to swatches

I would suggest a function where eyedropper automatically adds picked color to swatches. Sometimes I take color from the picture and I have to first create an object, use eyedropper and then add it to swatches.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. incorrect color assignments

Actions to change path color to black instead turn the path white on the first try. Repeating the exact same action flow a second time in a row turns the path black.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recolor Artwork flip 2 colors

I want to quickly flip 2 colors within a multi-colored design.

Lets say I have Object A (RED) and Object B (Blue) I want A to be Blue and B to be red. I try to find tutorials about it but couldn't find any. I have tryed everything in recolor artwork but its not possible to switch simply two colors (withing a multi-colored design, large file to see different color options quickly)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base