When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to turn off swatches automatic naming by color

Swatches get named by the color code automatically. This ends up conflicts with swatches with same color definition. Even in preview mode in global swatch I get message that same name exists. Really annoying and I have to name swatch 'asdfasfdasdf' mostly.

Suggestion: Option turn off naming by color, but name like swatch 1, swatch 2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy/paste color values as text

I often need to list color values in RGB, CMYK, hex, etc for brand guidelines and printing. It would be helpful if there was an easy way to copy all color values as text. Right now you can only select one value at a time which is very tedious. I know there are scripts that exist to do something similar but it would be nice if it was a built-in feature!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow adding Patterns and Gradient swatches to Color Groups

Expanding on the existing request for gradient swatch support in color groups... We need groups that support all swatch types. I understand the purpose of Color Groups but the intuitive way to use these folders is as a generic "Swatch Group", without limitation to swatch type in order that we can organize assets appropriately within a project.

My suggestion is either to allow gradient and pattern swatches to be added to a Color Groups or add a new super group type that can contain any swatch type and color groups as well.

Groups would be organized in rows: color, gradients,…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Eyedropper automatically adds colour to swatches

I would suggest a function where eyedropper automatically adds picked color to swatches. Sometimes I take color from the picture and I have to first create an object, use eyedropper and then add it to swatches.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make color control a **** of a lot more intuitive

Hi team,

I am familiar with InDesign and Photoshop. I am really trying to use illustrator on a project. I am fairly new to illustrator and am using the latest version as of 10/30/2018. I have to say the way you use and set colors in Indesign is either horribly broken (i.e., Bug) or it is not at all intuitive or similar to other Adobe tools. For example, I want to create a color gradient swatch that is applied to an image and then alter the color gradient and see how it looks. Seems simple - but I have been…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make gradient swatches global

Gradient swatches should be globally applicable. This would mean they´d need to be editable - either in Swatch Options just like other swatches or replacable by dragging a altered version of a gradient onto the old swatch. (At the moment, the only option is the swatch title)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Go to" used swatch directly from swatch panel

Just like you can click "go to" any link, and InDesign will show you where the link is on the page, it would be great to select all objects per swatch no matter if it's a fill or stroke. Currently the "select similar" option only selects objects with same characteristics. If you sample a filled shape it will look for a filled shape, and it will not detect an outlined shape even if it is the same color. I struggled trying to find an unwanted swatch color. It was hidden behind many layers as an outline with no fill.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gradient Trouble

Why I can't use gradient onto text? Either I have to curve it or I have to take and extra layer from appearance panel..!! I wish I could directly pic the gradient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatic colorcards on artboards from swatches with color codes and colors

As a designer i really need a feature that makes it able to drag a swatch or a color group (ex. a Pantone swatch/colorgroup) onto the artboard and then be able to make a colorcard with a colored square and a textbox with the choosen color(s) color codes beside the square.

We do this manually and it takes a lot of time. We really hope this can be something we in the future could do automatic.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. gradation

選択していないオブジェクトのグラデーションが勝手に変更されます。
    また、UIがおかしくなります。

The gradation of an unselected object is changed without permission.
    At the same time, a problem occurs in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Edit Gradient Color handle (double click) - always sticks/switch back to document color mode

When I'm trying to edit gradient color handle (double click), and switch color mode to eg. HSB, from top-right menu, after editing the handle color again it's always switch back to document color mode specific. Example - I'm working on RGB color mode and I want to make few gradients that differ in brightness and saturation. The easiest way to manipulate the colors is with HSB handlers, so I change the edit color mode (the tooltip menu after you double click the specyfic color on the gradient bar - similar to color window) to HSB from the top-right mini-menu, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. adobe illustrator CC 2018 I pay for monthly. The switch from color photo to grayscale feature not available

the Grayscale from color photo feature is not available in my adobe illustrator CC 2018 I pay by the month for. I have to switch photo to grayscale in illustrator 6 then open in CC2018. How can this be corrected. Jer-Anny /Jerry L. Evans

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Non-Destructive Outlined Text - Gradients only show as black

From all the posts I've read, you should be able to have individual gradients per letter once you add a non-destructive outline in the Appearance Panel. I've even seen the steps described many times. However, trying to add an individual gradient per letter/number does not work no matter what method I use to add the gradient fill. The letters only show black or show the gradient across all letters - no matter what gradient I choose. There's seems to be a bug, because I've tried several different ways of adding the colors, even selecting each letter individually, and it will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mixed Ink Swatch like Indesign.

Please add the Mixed Ink swatch like Indesign. This would simplify building files with varnish, white ink, and bump plates.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remember "Swatch options" Preview setting

Why do I have to check the box "Preview" every time I open the "Swatch options" panel? Why is this setting not remembered? I bet, lots of folks would appreciate it. Having it by default unchecked is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pantone swatches not updated

Adobe Pantone libraries are not being updated as new colors are added to books. I understand this may be an issue on Pantone's behalf, but it's very disappointing that Adobe software hasn't kept those libraries up to date.

Currently, to find the RGB or CMYK values, one needs to visit the Pantone website/Find a Pantone Color page, then create a color swatch from scratch. Will this get updated sometime soon? Or have the days of full Pantone libraries gone the route of the dinosaur?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Replace or Delete Swatches should automatically re-color objects with new swatch

I propose swatches have the function of applying new color to objects on the art board whenever a color needs to be replaced with a different color. Instead of simply deleting the current swatch, we should be prompted to "replace current color with new color?" then select the new color after adding it to the palette, then BAM! all the objects are automatically updated with the new color. (Example: art editor says that we will print only using 2 colors: black text with red headlines. I already have the art set using black and green. I could add the red…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base