When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. default web presets proof cmyk

When selecting an RBG default, which should be basically Anything for screens, the default is still set to CMYK Web coated SWOP for preview.
    It seems the only way you can actually get things to look ok is to set the preview to proof colors ON, and have it set to Monitor RGB. This also seems dumb because I'm working in an RGB document. What ICC profile is Illustrator using when proof colors are off?
    Coworkers keep asking why things look so different in their browser. Well, it's because they're looking at their colors in illustrator pretty darn desaturated.

Can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A Color Picker that really selects all colors from everywhere.

It would be very useful to have an eyedropper able to select any color or tone from the "Color Picker" window itself. The eyedropper should also be able to select not only Illustrator file colors, but also interface colors, or from websites that are visible in the browser, photos opened in Photoshop, or any other open application. Corel Draw is able to perform these functions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. a bug in gradient tool when applied to text

hi,
    New is illustrator is great in many ways but i have found one bug* or intentional modification by adobe.

it is nice to see live preview of gradient as it is being applied.. for the objects, gradient tool works fine as intended but when it is applied to text, it is buggy, i think.
    once mouse is clicked for applying gradient, after setting colors in gradient panel and new fill from appearance panel, text vanishes entirely, not allowing to see the gradient. once mouse is released, text with applied gradient appears. it is annoying.
    Check video to understand better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "[Paper]" or "[Transparent]" Swatch

Add a "Paper" (or "Transparent") Swatch to the swatches like the one in InDesign that, like [None] or [Registration] cannot be removed.

Adding this would make it FAR easier to knock out parts of complex artwork WITHOUT forcing the user to destroy the layer structure of their files.

In the attached image, for instance, I wanted to have rounded corners on the bottom of a header graphic, and this meant I need to use a clipping mask, which requires all the elements it contains to be on the same layer. While there are workarounds, such as placing AI files within…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "1 click" no stroke/fill

It'd be nice to have a "one click" no stroke/fill instead of having to bring one to the front each time, or having to click the color and click again for 'none'.

It's a minor thing but turning a 2-step process into a 1-step process adds up over time.

See mock-up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to snap gradient sliders to integer values

I'm huge fan of snapping.
    I snap tabs to units, I snap to grid, I snap almost everything — this allow me to narrow my design workflow and keep artwork organized.
    Not everyone does need this, but I do.

I suffer from absence of snapping for gradient sliders.
    I wish I can move one and make it snap at 40, by eye, and not 40.73 and then correct this value by hand.
    Please, make an option to snap sliders to integer values.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "recolor artwork" undo

CAn we have an option to undo within the "recolor artwork" panel?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Put eyedroppers on every color selection menu.

I keep getting the request from my students that they want to use colors from their existing project. In color, color guide, color themes, gradient color menu, there's no good way to grab a specific color from the art boards. Putting eyedroppers on ALL the color sub menus would make it so convenient to grab the color of someones eye, various colors in existing blends. For example, if a student wanted to make a gradient of two different colors from her eye, she could not do so simply. Currently the eyedropper only appears to hover over a one inch rgb…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to select several gradient sliders

Sometimes I need to move several sliders in gradients at once.
    I have to select them one by one and move each at distance I need.
    I'd like to select several sliders and move them simultaneously.
    Of course, they should be very clearly marked as selected, or this would confuse, if you forget to unselect them and then try to edit color for one.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add auto naming swatches

There is a very handy tool in Yandex.ru search engine, named 'Колдунщик' (literally 'Sorcererer', with triple 'er').
    The way it works with colors is briefly described there (in Russian):
    https://yandex.ru/blog/company/94762

What it does is binds color names with color values. Some are quite standard, 'light blue', some are familiar, like 'bordeaux' (but every man think of different shade or even tone, speaking of it), some are very uncommon, like 'The color of the thigh of a frightened nymph' (it is a real color — https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CuissedeNymphe).

What if AI could name colors in a same way, when swatch…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default input in Color Picker

Older versions of Illustrator used to default in "Hex" field of the Color Picker, but now the default is in "H" of HSB. This breaks up the workflow when copying a low of colors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. the ability to zoom in on the gradient panel for complex gradients

the ability to zoom in on the gradient panel for complex gradients. If I am creating a gradient some time I feel like I need to zoom into the panel so I can ensure I get the color pointers as accurate as possible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to change the default swatches

I'd really like to open up a new document with a predetermined default swatch selection. I know this can be done by saving swatches and saving your workspace but if I want to add new colors, I can't to the saved swatch window.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hex shortcode support

Typing in #333 should auto-complete to #333333, not #000333. Makes UI design frustrating for those with a dev background.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Importing color codes

It would be great if we could import hex codes (or rgb etc.) as a large batch-- it would really speed up workflow. If instead of manually having to type in 20+ color codes (with the possibility of a mistake), I could import a list of them, that would be awesome!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Center Pattern Command & Center both axis to align palette

Draw a vector shape and fill with a pattern, notice this is not centered. To do this is a long meticulous process prone to error.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2390290.

Can we get an option in the align palette to do this. Would also be nice to add an icon that centers both axis instead of having to click twice for horizontal and vertical.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color

Why is there no Color Range picker for gradient settings?
    Also, there is no way of picking a color via eyedropper while in Gradient Settings.

Eyedropper tool also is not useful if you only want to get the color of the stroke or fill alone, without getting the all properties of the shape. If you want to get the color of a stroke of a shape, and use it as a fill of a new shape, you have to memorize the hex! :(

Also, It is necessary to provide Color Principle tools such as a basic color wheel, which I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add persistent Swatch libraries to Workspace settings + maintained across upgrades

Allow swatch libraries selected as persistent to be stored as part of a workspace (including palette group & position), and make them persistent across upgrades. I'm tired of having to recreate my palettes every **** time there's some minor 'agile' upgrade.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eyedropper shortcut

If I have a box with a gradient stroke (as an example) and I want to then fill it, if I use the eyedropper to grab the color from another object, it overrides and deletes the stoke. I would like to be able to use the eyedropper on fill or stroke without deleting it's counterpart. Right now it's a long process of clicking off my shape, eyedropping the color, copying the color value, reselecting the object, double clicking the fill or stroke, and pasting in the value. It adds up to a lot of time lost for something that should…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base