1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a bug in gradient tool when applied to text

hi,
    New is illustrator is great in many ways but i have found one bug* or intentional modification by adobe.

it is nice to see live preview of gradient as it is being applied.. for the objects, gradient tool works fine as intended but when it is applied to text, it is buggy, i think.
    once mouse is clicked for applying gradient, after setting colors in gradient panel and new fill from appearance panel, text vanishes entirely, not allowing to see the gradient. once mouse is released, text with applied gradient appears. it is annoying.
    Check video to understand better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simple Color Swap in entire document by selecting two global swatches

It would be wonderful if possible to swap global swatches by selecting two swatches and swap them in the entire document. The same way it it already possible to merge them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Metadata on ASE

For me and many designers, color is an asset with information associated with it that I need to follow this asset as it moves from different design programs. With metadata attached to file, I would be able to utilize the features in InDesign and other programs to auto populate this information into text fields. Additionally if this metadata ASE file was a library shared between many users and the any of the tagged information on a color was changed, this update would shoot out to any documents using this color. It would reduce:
    -errors by relying on one source of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Swatch Name

I would like to see the swatch/color name displayed next to the fill/stroke under the search bar in the color pallet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Eydropper changes font when applying color from an image...

When using the eyedropper to grab color from an image, and then place that color onto text (by holding down the ALT key). AI changes the font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Larger Stroke/Fill selector in Swatch panel

It is extremely difficult to choose the between the Fill and Stroke selector in the Swatch panel., especially on Retina displays. Please give us the option to make it larger, as seen in my attachment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I have found effects and transparency to be problmatic

I have found effects and transparency to be problematic in the past for print, and svg unless you convert the graphic to raster. Which then defeats the benefits of vector.

What if you had a feature that could take the colors used in the effect or transparency and convert that to a basic gradient. "convert effect to gradient" or "convert transparency to gradient"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unify Fill tool + gradient tool under properties(appearance)

Now we have 3 "ways" or windows to pick color from which is confusing.Unify everything under same roof like in other design apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adobe color themes bug

The "Open Color Themes Panel" button in Swatches opens a broken panel that cannot be resized to see it's web view. It can only be resized vertically. Seems like it went unchecked and shipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stroke/Fill Color Selections

I miss being able to just drag a fill color to the stroke box or vice versa. It is tedious to have the extra clicks to get the same results

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Colours in Diagramms adjust to numbers

It would be cool that if I create a pie chart that I can name a "master colour" and Illustrator autmoatically adjust the colour transperancy in percent. Or if I could say these are my colours, combine them in a smart way so that a bar chart gets a smart gradient
    Thanks guys,
    Fran

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Kuler Missing in CS6

I'm still using Illustrator CS6. Last week I was able to use Kuler but, this week, I'm not. I still see it as a menu item/selection but, when selected, nothing happens. Can I load Color Themes into CS6? Or are us CS6 holdouts being pushed closer to involuntary compliance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display colour swatches

Marquee across a portion of the artboard and then hit a hot key, which brings a pop up display of all of the swatches within the area you have marquee. From that pop up display you can select single or multiple colours. For instance if you have vectorised something and you find within the area you have marquee that there is multiple blues, you can select all of those blues in the pop up and then change them all to 1 colour from your swatches menu - a really quick way to reduce down the colours that you don't need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. color picker - fill stroke

I would like to pick a colour from the fill for the stroke.

So if I choose fill to be the main I would like to change it regardless if I am picking from the fill or the stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When creating a gradient, make simpler to pick with eyedropper a colour visible in the art-board

While creating a gradient, is impossible to assign one of the colours of the gradient using the eyedropper.

In Photoshop CC and Animate CC is possible to do it just pressing ALT (turns cursor in eyedropper)

I found some other frustrated users who posted similar problems
    https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/68903/illustrator-cc-gradient-tool-how-to-take-color-from-the-image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lithological Swatches

When I want to use the USGS lithological swatches, I usually have difficulty finding them. Could all these be placed in a top level menu?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hue bar in Recolor artwork needs to come back

The older feature of 'Hue Bar' in the Recolor artwork was a really helpful tool
    this makes the color fixing and decision of color combinations so easier, please bring back this Hue bar.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fill/Stroke icons to match: in the tools bar

the smaller sub-icons for Fill and Stroke Boxes shouldto match. (Fill is Full and Stroke is Hollow). Under stroke, the icons only change for the color, but the icons do not change for gradient and no/color/opacity.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pattern Swatches Shift when Copied & Pasted

Copying and pasting a pattern filled object or text, especially when pasting into a new document, should not shift the pattern. This causes many issues when passing files to others.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CC Library Colour Applications

Currently I can't find a way to select a library colour from the swatch menus.

You can't use an eyedropper on cc library colours are not available from the swatches panel.

It seems that we have to add the colours as a swatch first.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base