When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make gradient swatches global

Gradient swatches should be globally applicable. This would mean they´d need to be editable - either in Swatch Options just like other swatches or replacable by dragging a altered version of a gradient onto the old swatch. (At the moment, the only option is the swatch title)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow to snap gradient sliders to integer values

I'm huge fan of snapping.
    I snap tabs to units, I snap to grid, I snap almost everything — this allow me to narrow my design workflow and keep artwork organized.
    Not everyone does need this, but I do.

I suffer from absence of snapping for gradient sliders.
    I wish I can move one and make it snap at 40, by eye, and not 40.73 and then correct this value by hand.
    Please, make an option to snap sliders to integer values.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eyedropper tool usable during color picker

Eyedropper tool should be usable while the color picker is open. This is available in Photoshop but inexplicable absent from AI.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Save Gradient Swatches

Gradient swatches should be able to be saved in CC libraries and moved across products.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ctrl+Z in Recolor Artwork doesn't work

Seriously, I just can't undo changes while this dialogue is on. Make both undo and redo work there!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Center Pattern Command & Center both axis to align palette

Draw a vector shape and fill with a pattern, notice this is not centered. To do this is a long meticulous process prone to error.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2390290.

Can we get an option in the align palette to do this. Would also be nice to add an icon that centers both axis instead of having to click twice for horizontal and vertical.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default Color Picker Preference.

I'd like a preference to to set a default color picker for ALL PURPOSES, regardless of what the document's color mode may be. In my case, I'd ALWAYS be choosing colors with the HSB sliders.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drop shadow can't use global color swatches

Drop shadow's color can be set to global swatch, but is doesn't stick to the effect, it only got sampled. So when you change your global swatch, shadow remains colored with previous color.
    Please, make Drop shadow and other raster effects use global swatches for real.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Replace or Delete Swatches should automatically re-color objects with new swatch

I propose swatches have the function of applying new color to objects on the art board whenever a color needs to be replaced with a different color. Instead of simply deleting the current swatch, we should be prompted to "replace current color with new color?" then select the new color after adding it to the palette, then BAM! all the objects are automatically updated with the new color. (Example: art editor says that we will print only using 2 colors: black text with red headlines. I already have the art set using black and green. I could add the red…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to select several gradient sliders

Sometimes I need to move several sliders in gradients at once.
    I have to select them one by one and move each at distance I need.
    I'd like to select several sliders and move them simultaneously.
    Of course, they should be very clearly marked as selected, or this would confuse, if you forget to unselect them and then try to edit color for one.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to change the default swatches

I'd really like to open up a new document with a predetermined default swatch selection. I know this can be done by saving swatches and saving your workspace but if I want to add new colors, I can't to the saved swatch window.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Discard all Overprints

I work specifically in digital prepress for POP displays, and never use overprinting at all. Removing overprinting from a document can be a hassle as I work with documents that almost always contain a mix of solid objects, linked raster images and other things. I consider myself extremely lucky when I find a document that I can easily remove all overprints from in one go

Illustrator already has a "Discard white overprints" in the document setup (although I rarely use this menu). We should either have a menu option to remove all overprints from a document, or at least an…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy/paste color values as text

I often need to list color values in RGB, CMYK, hex, etc for brand guidelines and printing. It would be helpful if there was an easy way to copy all color values as text. Right now you can only select one value at a time which is very tedious. I know there are scripts that exist to do something similar but it would be nice if it was a built-in feature!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add auto naming swatches

There is a very handy tool in Yandex.ru search engine, named 'Колдунщик' (literally 'Sorcererer', with triple 'er').
    The way it works with colors is briefly described there (in Russian):
    https://yandex.ru/blog/company/94762

What it does is binds color names with color values. Some are quite standard, 'light blue', some are familiar, like 'bordeaux' (but every man think of different shade or even tone, speaking of it), some are very uncommon, like 'The color of the thigh of a frightened nymph' (it is a real color — https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CuissedeNymphe).

What if AI could name colors in a same way, when swatch…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The ability to set a default colour slider, for instance HSB.

The colour palette always switches back to the default RGB which is frustrating and disturbs workflow. I would like the ability to set a default colour slider, based on the slider you are using in your current project. I mostly use HSB.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A Color Picker that really selects all colors from everywhere.

It would be very useful to have an eyedropper able to select any color or tone from the "Color Picker" window itself. The eyedropper should also be able to select not only Illustrator file colors, but also interface colors, or from websites that are visible in the browser, photos opened in Photoshop, or any other open application. Corel Draw is able to perform these functions.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pantone swatches not updated

Adobe Pantone libraries are not being updated as new colors are added to books. I understand this may be an issue on Pantone's behalf, but it's very disappointing that Adobe software hasn't kept those libraries up to date.

Currently, to find the RGB or CMYK values, one needs to visit the Pantone website/Find a Pantone Color page, then create a color swatch from scratch. Will this get updated sometime soon? Or have the days of full Pantone libraries gone the route of the dinosaur?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put eyedroppers on every color selection menu.

I keep getting the request from my students that they want to use colors from their existing project. In color, color guide, color themes, gradient color menu, there's no good way to grab a specific color from the art boards. Putting eyedroppers on ALL the color sub menus would make it so convenient to grab the color of someones eye, various colors in existing blends. For example, if a student wanted to make a gradient of two different colors from her eye, she could not do so simply. Currently the eyedropper only appears to hover over a one inch rgb…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Swatches retain values when changing document color mode

What's the point in having swatches if their values are automatically changed when the document's color mode is changed? For example, if you have a yellow built out as 0/12/100/0 as a global CMYK swatch, then you change your document to RGB, then back to CMYK, the color values within the swatch change to 1.62/11.07/100. The same thing happens when I have a RGB swatch in an RGB file, convert to CMYK, then convert back.

And to make matters worse, If you have an .ase palette open and you try to fix the object's color, it will give you a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base