When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep color values when applying freeform gradients

When applying a freeform gradient, Illustrator picks up colors from everywhere around the selected artwork, also the selected object itself. It would be extremely helpful if it could reliably keep the exact color values the object has, so you don't need to adjust it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Freeform gradient feedback

1. Not working at all on compound shapes

2. After selecting an object some stops disappear

3. When copying the gradient to a smaller shapes some stops disappear. I know that the stops that are outside the shape will disappear, but would be nice if the gradient scaled down or something to fit in the new shape.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sampling colors outside of Illustrator (eyedropper)

Getting color from the outside windows through the dripping tool is not working on new internet browsers. (Chrome, Edge ...)
    There is a problem when trying to get color samples through new internet browsers.

Sometimes it works on Internet Explorer.

It still works on the desktop and some other windows.

Test system:
    Illustrator 2018 64 Bit
    Windows 10 64 Bit

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2460261#

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Edit Gradient Color handle (double click) - always sticks/switch back to document color mode

When I'm trying to edit gradient color handle (double click), and switch color mode to eg. HSB, from top-right menu, after editing the handle color again it's always switch back to document color mode specific. Example - I'm working on RGB color mode and I want to make few gradients that differ in brightness and saturation. The easiest way to manipulate the colors is with HSB handlers, so I change the edit color mode (the tooltip menu after you double click the specyfic color on the gradient bar - similar to color window) to HSB from the top-right mini-menu, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. "1 click" no stroke/fill

It'd be nice to have a "one click" no stroke/fill instead of having to bring one to the front each time, or having to click the color and click again for 'none'.

It's a minor thing but turning a 2-step process into a 1-step process adds up over time.

See mock-up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove limit of 27 spot colours

We have one of the many printers that uses 6 inks to synthesise CMYK and spot colours. It uses internal look up for pantone spots, and these need to be set in Illustrator as spot colours. It's not unreasonable to have more than 27 of these (in this instance, we're creating a colour chart for our / our customer reference). Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Gradient Annotator on "stroke"

When we are in Full screen and Want to edit Gradient on the Stroke It would be Great to be able to Enable the Annotator on to Change/Edit or move the stroke Gradient colors

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RAL Swatch Library

RAL Swatch library. We don’t need this for print or screen, but it is necessary to mark a plastic or metal with RAL colour when documentation is sent to manufacturing. Do something about it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separation preview with values on hover

Just like in InDesign there should be the value of each channel on the exact spot (while you are hovering over any point on your artwork)

Here the difference between AI and ID (each while hovering over an image)

It's hard to check color values without (at the moment you have to put the finished .ai into a InDesign document, activate separation view there and check each point.) For printing you have a minimum requirement of 3%-7% (depending on the technique like offset or gravure printing) in each channel to make sure it actually prints. Otherwise it may not! It…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Photoshop Like Color Editing Across Multiple Vectors

It would be great to have the ability to manipulate colors across multiple vectors by HSB. There is a plugin capable of handling this by Astute graphics, but their pricing practices are criminal in nature. They are currently trying to double charge me for their product and I'd like to just get away from that company all together.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the hex code box visible for all color modes on the color panel. Not just RGB modes.

I only ever use HSB to dial in my color and it slows me down to double click on the color to only have to copy the hex code in a different window. The only modes that currently have a box that displays the hex code are RGB or WebsafeRGB. This is missing for all other modes such as HSB, CMYK and Grayscale. Make the hex code box visible for all color modes on the color panel, please.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gradient Swatch includes angle and position, please!

Currently a Gradient swatch only includes color and transparency. PLEASE build Illustrator so Gradient Swatches include angle and position!

It's a pain to have to adjust the gradient angle, after a Gradient Swatch attribute has been applied to an object. If the angle were editable and save-able (in the swatch) it would be wonderful!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the colour picker give you a live preview of the clicked colour without having to click 'ok' every time (like on Photoshop).

Currently, if I'm changing the colour of a circle (for example), I have to choose a colour on the picker tool then press 'ok' to see how it looks and go back into the colour picker to keep changing it slightly. If you could see a live preview of how the colour would look in the background against all the other elements, this would save so much time!

This tool is currently available in Photoshop but not Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Templates created do not store color profile attribution

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new document

2. Use the menu Edit -> Assign Profile...

3. Assign a profile to the document, such as Working CMYK

4. Save this document as a template (.ait)

5. Open the template file just created

6. This new document will not have a color profile assigned

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remember "Swatch options" Preview setting

Why do I have to check the box "Preview" every time I open the "Swatch options" panel? Why is this setting not remembered? I bet, lots of folks would appreciate it. Having it by default unchecked is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default input in Color Picker

Older versions of Illustrator used to default in "Hex" field of the Color Picker, but now the default is in "H" of HSB. This breaks up the workflow when copying a low of colors.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Importing color codes

It would be great if we could import hex codes (or rgb etc.) as a large batch-- it would really speed up workflow. If instead of manually having to type in 20+ color codes (with the possibility of a mistake), I could import a list of them, that would be awesome!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color

Why is there no Color Range picker for gradient settings?
    Also, there is no way of picking a color via eyedropper while in Gradient Settings.

Eyedropper tool also is not useful if you only want to get the color of the stroke or fill alone, without getting the all properties of the shape. If you want to get the color of a stroke of a shape, and use it as a fill of a new shape, you have to memorize the hex! :(

Also, It is necessary to provide Color Principle tools such as a basic color wheel, which I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simulate Artboard color individually

Color an artboard without needing to simulate colors in the document setup and toggling the "Show transparency grid".
    It would be cool to for example have a white version of a logo for example without having to put something behind to create contrast and maybe going farther down the road setting the preview to display the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base