When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe color themes bug

The "Open Color Themes Panel" button in Swatches opens a broken panel that cannot be resized to see it's web view. It can only be resized vertically. Seems like it went unchecked and shipped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "[Paper]" or "[Transparent]" Swatch

Add a "Paper" (or "Transparent") Swatch to the swatches like the one in InDesign that, like [None] or [Registration] cannot be removed.

Adding this would make it FAR easier to knock out parts of complex artwork WITHOUT forcing the user to destroy the layer structure of their files.

In the attached image, for instance, I wanted to have rounded corners on the bottom of a header graphic, and this meant I need to use a clipping mask, which requires all the elements it contains to be on the same layer. While there are workarounds, such as placing AI files within…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add auto naming swatches

There is a very handy tool in Yandex.ru search engine, named 'Колдунщик' (literally 'Sorcererer', with triple 'er').
    The way it works with colors is briefly described there (in Russian):
    https://yandex.ru/blog/company/94762

What it does is binds color names with color values. Some are quite standard, 'light blue', some are familiar, like 'bordeaux' (but every man think of different shade or even tone, speaking of it), some are very uncommon, like 'The color of the thigh of a frightened nymph' (it is a real color — https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/CuissedeNymphe).

What if AI could name colors in a same way, when swatch…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gradient properties in the properties panel

I am liking the new properties panel, but currently if i want to fill an object with a gradient, i still need to access this via its own window. Would be great if gradient options could be incorporated into the Appearance section of the Properties Panel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stroke/Fill Color Selections

I miss being able to just drag a fill color to the stroke box or vice versa. It is tedious to have the extra clicks to get the same results

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to change the default swatches

I'd really like to open up a new document with a predetermined default swatch selection. I know this can be done by saving swatches and saving your workspace but if I want to add new colors, I can't to the saved swatch window.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Colours in Diagramms adjust to numbers

It would be cool that if I create a pie chart that I can name a "master colour" and Illustrator autmoatically adjust the colour transperancy in percent. Or if I could say these are my colours, combine them in a smart way so that a bar chart gets a smart gradient
    Thanks guys,
    Fran

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Color Picker live preview!

When i choose color with color picker there is no live preview. I have to click OK to view selected color and if I don't like it, have to do all this again. Do it as it is in Photoshop.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Kuler Missing in CS6

I'm still using Illustrator CS6. Last week I was able to use Kuler but, this week, I'm not. I still see it as a menu item/selection but, when selected, nothing happens. Can I load Color Themes into CS6? Or are us CS6 holdouts being pushed closer to involuntary compliance?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove limit of 27 spot colours

We have one of the many printers that uses 6 inks to synthesise CMYK and spot colours. It uses internal look up for pantone spots, and these need to be set in Illustrator as spot colours. It's not unreasonable to have more than 27 of these (in this instance, we're creating a colour chart for our / our customer reference). Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving Colorways

In Fashion Design it's usual to define multiple colrways for Patterns.
    It should valuable for Illustrator to save those colorways to be able to switch easily from one version to the other.
    Something like saving the visibility of objects but with color in the "Variables Manager"
    It should be cool too to get this feature (switchnig between colorways) in Creative Cloud Browser for reviewing...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please promote the color / swatch tint slider (make it available in Properties, Swatches, etc.)

I was hoping this would be a part of the new Properties panel, but nope. I can't believe it doesn't exist in the header of the Swatches panel. And it only exists in the expanded version of the Color panel.

For reference, please see InDesign's Swatches panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Find color in artwork

Sometimes I have a stray color that I cannot find in the artwork. It would be nice if there was a way I could click on the swatch and say find color and it would highlight everything that color was used on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display colour swatches

Marquee across a portion of the artboard and then hit a hot key, which brings a pop up display of all of the swatches within the area you have marquee. From that pop up display you can select single or multiple colours. For instance if you have vectorised something and you find within the area you have marquee that there is multiple blues, you can select all of those blues in the pop up and then change them all to 1 colour from your swatches menu - a really quick way to reduce down the colours that you don't need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mixed Ink Swatch like Indesign.

Please add the Mixed Ink swatch like Indesign. This would simplify building files with varnish, white ink, and bump plates.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. color picker - fill stroke

I would like to pick a colour from the fill for the stroke.

So if I choose fill to be the main I would like to change it regardless if I am picking from the fill or the stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.

Create a Global Process Color Swatch and add it to a CC library.
    In a new document, select this color in the library, right click and choose
    Add to Swatches.
    The color gets added 2 times, becomes a spot color and loses it’s name.
    Or, in a new document double click the color in the Library. It gets added only once, keeps it’s name but becomes a Spot color.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Background:

• CC libraries does not have support for Global Process Colors
    • Some users have spoken about InDesign – InDesign does not support Global Process colors
    • Illustrator does support process colors , global process colors and spot colors. The issue is specefic to global process colors – since it is not supported in CC Libraries. We have added the request to support in CC libraries backlog,

Workaround:

• Create Process colors in Illustrator and add it to CC libraries – deselect the global checkbox
  18. "recolor artwork" undo

CAn we have an option to undo within the "recolor artwork" panel?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When creating a gradient, make simpler to pick with eyedropper a colour visible in the art-board

While creating a gradient, is impossible to assign one of the colours of the gradient using the eyedropper.

In Photoshop CC and Animate CC is possible to do it just pressing ALT (turns cursor in eyedropper)

I found some other frustrated users who posted similar problems
    https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/68903/illustrator-cc-gradient-tool-how-to-take-color-from-the-image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Center Pattern Command & Center both axis to align palette

Draw a vector shape and fill with a pattern, notice this is not centered. To do this is a long meticulous process prone to error.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2390290.

Can we get an option in the align palette to do this. Would also be nice to add an icon that centers both axis instead of having to click twice for horizontal and vertical.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base