When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove limit of 27 spot colours

We have one of the many printers that uses 6 inks to synthesise CMYK and spot colours. It uses internal look up for pantone spots, and these need to be set in Illustrator as spot colours. It's not unreasonable to have more than 27 of these (in this instance, we're creating a colour chart for our / our customer reference). Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving Colorways

In Fashion Design it's usual to define multiple colrways for Patterns.
    It should valuable for Illustrator to save those colorways to be able to switch easily from one version to the other.
    Something like saving the visibility of objects but with color in the "Variables Manager"
    It should be cool too to get this feature (switchnig between colorways) in Creative Cloud Browser for reviewing...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please promote the color / swatch tint slider (make it available in Properties, Swatches, etc.)

I was hoping this would be a part of the new Properties panel, but nope. I can't believe it doesn't exist in the header of the Swatches panel. And it only exists in the expanded version of the Color panel.

For reference, please see InDesign's Swatches panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Find color in artwork

Sometimes I have a stray color that I cannot find in the artwork. It would be nice if there was a way I could click on the swatch and say find color and it would highlight everything that color was used on.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Display colour swatches

Marquee across a portion of the artboard and then hit a hot key, which brings a pop up display of all of the swatches within the area you have marquee. From that pop up display you can select single or multiple colours. For instance if you have vectorised something and you find within the area you have marquee that there is multiple blues, you can select all of those blues in the pop up and then change them all to 1 colour from your swatches menu - a really quick way to reduce down the colours that you don't need

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mixed Ink Swatch like Indesign.

Please add the Mixed Ink swatch like Indesign. This would simplify building files with varnish, white ink, and bump plates.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. color picker - fill stroke

I would like to pick a colour from the fill for the stroke.

So if I choose fill to be the main I would like to change it regardless if I am picking from the fill or the stroke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.

Create a Global Process Color Swatch and add it to a CC library.
    In a new document, select this color in the library, right click and choose
    Add to Swatches.
    The color gets added 2 times, becomes a spot color and loses it’s name.
    Or, in a new document double click the color in the Library. It gets added only once, keeps it’s name but becomes a Spot color.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Background:

• CC libraries does not have support for Global Process Colors
    • Some users have spoken about InDesign – InDesign does not support Global Process colors
    • Illustrator does support process colors , global process colors and spot colors. The issue is specefic to global process colors – since it is not supported in CC Libraries. We have added the request to support in CC libraries backlog,

Workaround:

• Create Process colors in Illustrator and add it to CC libraries – deselect the global checkbox
  9. "recolor artwork" undo

CAn we have an option to undo within the "recolor artwork" panel?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When creating a gradient, make simpler to pick with eyedropper a colour visible in the art-board

While creating a gradient, is impossible to assign one of the colours of the gradient using the eyedropper.

In Photoshop CC and Animate CC is possible to do it just pressing ALT (turns cursor in eyedropper)

I found some other frustrated users who posted similar problems
    https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/68903/illustrator-cc-gradient-tool-how-to-take-color-from-the-image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Center Pattern Command & Center both axis to align palette

Draw a vector shape and fill with a pattern, notice this is not centered. To do this is a long meticulous process prone to error.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2390290.

Can we get an option in the align palette to do this. Would also be nice to add an icon that centers both axis instead of having to click twice for horizontal and vertical.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a swatch from a color inside a gradient in Adobe Illustrator

When you are working in a gradient, you may customize your colors inside. However, there's no way to add this new color as a swatch - or even to be given a HEX code. Let's make this more functional!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default Color Picker Preference.

I'd like a preference to to set a default color picker for ALL PURPOSES, regardless of what the document's color mode may be. In my case, I'd ALWAYS be choosing colors with the HSB sliders.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reinstate The Functionality Of The Swatches Panel In CS 5.5

I’d like to see the functionality of the Swatch panel that was in (Windows) Ai CS 5.5 reinstated. Specifically, when the panel was opened, I used to be able to toggle through the Color Modes by holding Shift and clicking on the color square (thumbnail). If I held Cntrl, it would toggle to the color compliment. These were two great features that were eliminated with CS 6 through to the current version of CC 2017. Bring these back!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow adding Patterns and Gradient swatches to Color Groups

Expanding on the existing request for gradient swatch support in color groups... We need groups that support all swatch types. I understand the purpose of Color Groups but the intuitive way to use these folders is as a generic "Swatch Group", without limitation to swatch type in order that we can organize assets appropriately within a project.

My suggestion is either to allow gradient and pattern swatches to be added to a Color Groups or add a new super group type that can contain any swatch type and color groups as well.

Groups would be organized in rows: color, gradients,…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Illustrator forgets which color mode is set in the Color palette (and Gradient)

Color panel always starts with RGB values. That's useless or very hard to use 99% of the time. So first thing for me is to set my Color panel to HSB and it stays like that for that session, but after a restart it's RGB again. Always!
    Gradient panel is even worse because it forgets instantly.
    Standard gradient's pop up color select is a Grayscale slider. I've never in my life needed that - not to mention HSB has the same with the value slider. But this bothers me less than what follows:
    If I change Grayscale to HSB and…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simulate Artboard color individually

Color an artboard without needing to simulate colors in the document setup and toggling the "Show transparency grid".
    It would be cool to for example have a white version of a logo for example without having to put something behind to create contrast and maybe going farther down the road setting the preview to display the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Toggle Between Color Picker/Swatches Universal As In Gradient Color Tabs

I would also like there to be a way to make color model selection more universal - such as mentioned, if you have chosen HSB in the color picker that then becomes the default for new colors and color menus that appear. Also would love to see the ability to toggle between color picker and color swatches everywhere - the only place I believe it currently is found implemented that way is in the gradient color stops. Most of the time I'll work with HSB, and would love it not to have to select HSB each time or place the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Lithological Swatches

When I want to use the USGS lithological swatches, I usually have difficulty finding them. Could all these be placed in a top level menu?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base