When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simulate Artboard color individually

Color an artboard without needing to simulate colors in the document setup and toggling the "Show transparency grid".
    It would be cool to for example have a white version of a logo for example without having to put something behind to create contrast and maybe going farther down the road setting the preview to display the background.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Illustrator pattern swatches to palettes in Creative Cloud libraries

It would be great to be able to save pattern fill swatches and pattern brushes, as patterns and brushes. Currently it works fine if you save a graphic that uses pattern fills and brushes. But for me it would be useful to save and organize them in their native Illustrator format.

Thanks!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Toggle Between Color Picker/Swatches Universal As In Gradient Color Tabs

I would also like there to be a way to make color model selection more universal - such as mentioned, if you have chosen HSB in the color picker that then becomes the default for new colors and color menus that appear. Also would love to see the ability to toggle between color picker and color swatches everywhere - the only place I believe it currently is found implemented that way is in the gradient color stops. Most of the time I'll work with HSB, and would love it not to have to select HSB each time or place the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lithological Swatches

When I want to use the USGS lithological swatches, I usually have difficulty finding them. Could all these be placed in a top level menu?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow gradient swatches to be added to CC library

It's great to have colors in the cc library but why can't those colors be gradients too? Please allow us to add gradient swatches to the cc library. Thanks

482 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  100 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A sane way to assign a stroke to have a color not in the default palette

If I want to assign a color from a Library to a Stroke, my only option is to make the object's background color the Library color, and then use the Swap Fill and Stroke button.

The Stroke color menu has lots of weird buttons to import colors that I don't care about. Why not replace those buttons with like a Library Colors button, or a Recent Colors button, or heaven forbid a color dropper?

My first impression of Illustrator was that assigning colors to things is harder than in any other program I have used in my entire life. This…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color picker

Can you make the color picker have an eyedrop tool that can select any color on the screen when you double click the swatch. Similar to Photoshop. Also have the default in any way you reach a color picker be hexidecimal so it is easier to copy and paste the color to other programs, etc. It defaults in this section, but I cannot select any color on the board while this is open.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Swatches retain values when changing document color mode

What's the point in having swatches if their values are automatically changed when the document's color mode is changed? For example, if you have a yellow built out as 0/12/100/0 as a global CMYK swatch, then you change your document to RGB, then back to CMYK, the color values within the swatch change to 1.62/11.07/100. The same thing happens when I have a RGB swatch in an RGB file, convert to CMYK, then convert back.

And to make matters worse, If you have an .ase palette open and you try to fix the object's color, it will give you a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hex shortcode support

Typing in #333 should auto-complete to #333333, not #000333. Makes UI design frustrating for those with a dev background.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Gradient Annotator on "stroke"

When we are in Full screen and Want to edit Gradient on the Stroke It would be Great to be able to Enable the Annotator on to Change/Edit or move the stroke Gradient colors

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please bring back the slider for the gradient angle adjustment!!!

There used to be a slider for the angle adjustment of gradients. It was great because I didn't have to know the angle or the direction in numbers, (which designers are notoriously bad at, by the way) I could freely adjust the angle based on how it looked. The way it is now, with a textbook and a dropdown menu, is so much more work and SO FRUSTRATING. I don't want to have to type in increments and figure out if I need to make it a negative angle.
    PLEASE GIVE ME THE SLIDER BACK!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!
    Maia

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base