When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. swap stroke and fill in swatch panel

This would seem self evident to me, but being able to swap stroke and fill in the swatch panel as opposed to going all the way over to the tool bar, or swapping to the color panel would be a definite time and focus saver.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. gradient

Allow clean gradients between spot and CMYK colours. For the moment, it looks greyish between the 2 selected colours.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cross-Colorspace Swatches

It's industry standard to define brand colors in more than one colorspace. Usually you have at least PMS, CMYK and RGB definitions of each brand color you're deploying.

I'd love it if Illustrator (or the whole CC suite, as a matter of fact) would help this routine, like this:

Let's have a new swatch type: Cross-Colorspace Swatch. This special swatch type would enable the designer to define variations of the color in any/all color spaces, inside that one swatch definition.

Instead of defining say three different swatches, you would define one, saying: "This is Brand color 1. In cmyk colorspace…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. incorrect color assignments

Actions to change path color to black instead turn the path white on the first try. Repeating the exact same action flow a second time in a row turns the path black.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Color wheel

MagicPicker is great. What about making something similar from the box?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow more than 5 swatches to be saved as a color theme

Please allow users to save more than 5 color swatches as a theme in Libraries. The number is very restrictive to our workflow.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Temporarily disable selection handles while changing color

When I'm changing an object's color, its selection outline and other debris like "live corner" markers get in the way of previewing the color change.

I usually have to deselect the object to see if the change "worked" with the rest of my design. It's a tedious workflow.

Illustrator should temporarily turn off these markers while I'm changing the color.

Every other drawing app does this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Illustrator color picker - live preview please

When you double click a foreground or background swatch and change the color of an object it should change the color while you are moving around in the picker, or at the very least there should be a preview button like filters, etc. It's brutally annoying to have to click OK each time to preview a new color.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Color adjusment like Photoshop: Hue/saturation and Brightness/contrast in one window

Color adjusment like Photoshop: Hue/saturation and Brightness/contrast in one window

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Freeform Gradient 0% Opacity Option

The freeform gradient is a wonderful tool but it would be more robust if the gradient points can be put to 0% opacity so there's a nice fade. At the moment, the point disappears if you bring the opacity down to zero.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please bring back Kuler.

Please bring back Kuler. I loved that feature and used it all the time to create themed palettes. Now I have to jump through hoops to find themed color palettes and I never have quite the same success as with Kuler. I am mystified about why it was taken away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In illustrator, you can't add a stroke to an image file. But when you click on an image, it shows the option to select a stroke colour/size

In illustrator, you can't add a stroke to an image file. But when you click on an image, it shows the option to select a stroke colour/size

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. problema con editar colores volver a colorear

Buen dia al Editar colores en un documento ya creado anteriormente al cambiar los colores doy ok y al volver a abrir y revisar los porcentajes de color no se cambian y siguen como antes repito y sigue por favor cual será la solución gracias

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the colour picker give you a live preview of the clicked colour without having to click 'ok' every time (like on Photoshop).

Currently, if I'm changing the colour of a circle (for example), I have to choose a colour on the picker tool then press 'ok' to see how it looks and go back into the colour picker to keep changing it slightly. If you could see a live preview of how the colour would look in the background against all the other elements, this would save so much time!

This tool is currently available in Photoshop but not Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Another way to colorize our illustrations.

As we all know, Adobe Flash is no longer part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. But there is one very useful feature of Flash that should be part of Adobe Illustrator and that is the way that we where able to colorize vectors on Flash.
    With Illustrator we can put a color inside an object, but if i want to put some colours into a surface between some handdrawned vectors that crosses I can't do it.

Even the way that we were able to select a part of a vector when they crossed each other.

Those were very practical ways…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Freeform Gradient can be edited by Recolor Artwork Tool

As with other colors/gradients, it would be ideal if the new Freeform gradient can be adjusted with the Recolor Artwork tool. For example if I have a monochromatic red gradient setup and want to duplicate it identically but shift it to a monochromatic blue setup, I don't seem to be able to do that currently. When selecting the freeform gradient affected shape, the Recolor Artwork tool doesn't change anything. Please allow Recolor Artwork tool to shift/adjust the color of a freeform gradient. Thanks!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Freeform gradients to grayscale

It would be awesome if we could convert freeform gradients to grayscale just like with a normal gradient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recolor Artwork flip 2 colors

I want to quickly flip 2 colors within a multi-colored design.

Lets say I have Object A (RED) and Object B (Blue) I want A to be Blue and B to be red. I try to find tutorials about it but couldn't find any. I have tryed everything in recolor artwork but its not possible to switch simply two colors (withing a multi-colored design, large file to see different color options quickly)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base